Sandro Tonali | Signs for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickosaur

Imagine Tonali and Sancho in the summer. Jeez. Peak Football Manager transfers.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Romano also thinks he'll go to an Italian club like Juve or one of the Milans; because nearly all Italian players stay in Italy.
Romano was asked by Goldbridge as to why he thinks young Italian players don't leave Italy at a young age. To which Romano responded by saying because like elsewhere (mentioned BVB and Bayern) top Italian clubs like to hoover up the best young talent before the foreign clubs calling. He also mentioned the advantage the likes of Juve have over foreign clubs in that regard and gave the example of how Juve had been trying to sign Chiesa from Fiorentina for the past year and had been in contact with the players father Enrico Chiesa. I don't think Romano was making a definitive statement regarding Tonali but rather was explaining as to why young Italian players tend to stay in SerieA.

I do believe Juventus or Inter would hold thd upper hand in convincing Tonali over him joining us. But it's also likely that both Juve and Inter have other priorities amid the pandemic which could potentially leave the door open for a non Italian club.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can has gone to Dortmund
Khedera is 33 and his contract expires in 2021
Matudi is 33 and his contract expires in 2021

That leaves them with
Pjanic who is 30 and contracted till 2023
Ramsey who is 29 and contracted till 2023
Rabiot who is 25 and contracted till 2023
Betancur who is 22 and contracted till 2024

So adding Tonali who I think is about to turn 21 presumably on a contract till 2025 seems a good move

They could possibly add another versatile cheap (fee) midfielder ffor extra strength in depth if they have lost Can, Khedera and Matudi in a year as well

But not overly stacked in terms of numbers if they get one or even two more central midfielders
True, but the post Covid finances are going to be quite different as well. They earn a substantial portion of their income from TV revenues and stadiums just like most other teams. With some of the players earning what they reportedly are, they'd have to trim down on the side as it is - and the 3 players you listed will be near the top of the list. The question is will their annual wages cover the loss in revenues that they are expecting. In either case, I highly doubt any club is in the position to make 'luxury' signings right now

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
True, but the post Covid finances are going to be quite different as well.
Thats a good point
It is also likley that if (and its not certain) league games are finished that we will see games being played into the normal transfer window and players being asked to extend contracts to see the season out - then potentially say a 3 week break till the next season starts
It could end up with a very short window, players coming into the last year of their contract and a lot of clubs prepared to wait a year and take somebody on a free - or offer a very low fee
I think its going to be interesting as I suspect that whilst a lot of the bigger clubs will probably be ok due to their commercial deals I think a lot of the smaller clubs will be desperate for money

passing-wind

He's the profile of midfielder we should be looking at in my opinion. Has elegance in the midfield and the technique to distribute the ball comfortably, something we will fundamentally lose when / if Pogba leaves. Him and Camavinga are certainly the go to midfield talents for the current generation.

Champagne Football

He's the profile of midfielder we should be looking at in my opinion. Has elegance in the midfield and the technique to distribute the ball comfortably, something we will fundamentally lose when / if Pogba leaves. Him and Camavinga are certainly the go to midfield talents for the current generation.
We have no interest in Tonali. He will never ever come here and is made for Inter/Juve. Camavinga will go to Madrid or PSG.

I'd say our midfield transfer targets would be along the lines of Jude Bellingham, Donny Van de Beek, Aaron Ramsey, Zakaria

Tonali looks a bit like Kylo Ren come to think of it.

izec

Inter are buying extremely well the last couple of years in terms of what they need in the short term vs long term. There is a good mix and balance. Good for the league if Juve get some long term competition.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Inter are buying extremely well the last couple of years in terms of what they need in the short term vs long term. There is a good mix and balance. Good for the league if Juve get some long term competition.
They are the biggest transfer muppets in football and their player turnover is too high in my opinion. They bought Sensi and Barella last summer, and even if they get Tonali they will probably chase more midfielders just because they seem to literally want to buy every player. Apparently Vidal is another who is close to joining them, and I’m sure they’d take Matic if they could too. It all seems a bit weird, they try to add about 7 players every window.

izec

They are the biggest transfer muppets in football and their player turnover is too high in my opinion. They bought Sensi and Barella last summer, and even if they get Tonali they will probably chase more midfielders just because they seem to literally want to buy every player. Apparently Vidal is another who is close to joining them, and I’m sure they’d take Matic if they could too. It all seems a bit weird, they try to add about 7 players every window.
If they can afford it. They are buying a lot, but they also improved over time. I wouldn't buy as many old players as they do, but they are doing a good job with assimilating a good young squad with talent.

Conte seems like a guy who wants to have a big selection of players, young and experienced, and their owners seem to fulfill his wishes.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If they can afford it. They are buying a lot, but they also improved over time. I wouldn't buy as many old players as they do, but they are doing a good job with assimilating a good young squad with talent.

Conte seems like a guy who wants to have a big selection of players, young and experienced, and their owners seem to fulfill his wishes.
I just think such a turnover is counterproductive for building a side. They buy too much.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Inter and youth prospects almost never works. The amount of duds they’ve had over the years is mental

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
I just think such a turnover is counterproductive for building a side. They buy too much.
Has to do with the new coach as well. Too many holes before Conte came. You had guys like Perisic/Icardi who hated each other. In addition to that, there is a change in formation, which requires different players. Buying new players is ok as long as you keep the core. That core can be: Handanovic, Skriniar, De Vrij, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi, hopefully Lautaro etc. With Marotta and Conte, the team is becoming more Italian though.

Wing-backs are a huge issue. Most a bunch of garbage with A. Young being the best one based on his few games, which is an issue in itself.

Rolaholic

Bargain if true, would be a shame if we didn't even try if he's really going for that price

steve.crowford

Inter are close to securing Tonali for €30m plus bonuses. The player has given his approval.
One of the hottest prospects in Italy - International player already at 20. fecking ridiculous value that Italian clubs seem to get relative to the Premier League, from other Italian clubs no less - We were being quoted £50m for Sean fecking Longstaff. Must be some agreement within the league to favour keeping promising Italians in Italy or some shit. This happens all the time. The fascists never left.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Inter are close to securing Tonali for €30m plus bonuses. The player has given his approval.
One of the hottest prospects in Italy - International player already at 20. fecking ridiculous value that Italian clubs seem to get relative to the Premier League, from other Italian clubs no less - We were being quoted £50m for Sean fecking Longstaff. Must be some agreement within the league to favour keeping promising Italians in Italy or some shit. This happens all the time. The fascists never left.
Brescia needed the money and the player favoured Inter.

LuckyScout78

Mark the name. This boy is the next big in central midfield area. A younger version of Kevin De Bruyne. The drive/engine, fighting spirit and skillset. High notes on all areas. The team which buy this guy will get success, if he stay injury free and develop norma. Keep working hard and has his feet on the ground. Then he will be a big big player in the future. The talent and abilities are clear as day.

With Jude Bellingham i am not 100 % sure yet. Even Bellingham has 3 years to reach Tonali level. This boy Tonali will turn out to be a world class player in the future. He dealing good with high aggressive press. Good in small areas.

Maybe get both of Sancho and Tonali are too much. A RW and CM. But if some club want to win the league or have success. They simply have to bring Tonali to they clubs. The player that make the differen. He has X factor, the little bit more extra unique ability.

So definitely belong to run and buy category. Get him before others big clubs like Juv, Inter and Barca get him.
Belong to the few unique one. Kevin de Bruyne before him. So you never know before you try. Just make a bid to Brescia that you are interest in him and want him. Might some time in the future, at a later stage he will join United. A future big big player.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's good but he's no Kristoffer Olsson.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Would be a bit of a strange one for him to go to Inter. From the little I know about him, he doesn't seem to fit the profile of a Conte centre mid much.

Bojan11

Would be a bit of a strange one for him to go to Inter. From the little I know about him, he doesn't seem to fit the profile of a Conte centre mid much.
How? Pirlo was the main man for Conte at Juve.

Blood Mage

He apparently never wants to leave Italy so I wouldn't get your hopes up about him joining United. Unbelievable talent though, the genuine successor to Pirlo unlike Verratti who hasn't quite lived up to the hype (he's still very good though).

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Has to do with the new coach as well. Too many holes before Conte came. You had guys like Perisic/Icardi who hated each other. In addition to that, there is a change in formation, which requires different players. Buying new players is ok as long as you keep the core. That core can be: Handanovic, Skriniar, De Vrij, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi, hopefully Lautaro etc. With Marotta and Conte, the team is becoming more Italian though.

Wing-backs are a huge issue. Most a bunch of garbage with A. Young being the best one based on his few games, which is an issue in itself.
Aren't you meant to be buying Emerson from Chelsea at LB?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is not a similar player to Pirlo.
I thought that too - I see no resemblance between tonali's game and Pirlos. Tonali seems more active than the deep playmaker that Pirlo was.

It's just because they started both at Brescia that they are liked to each other isnt it?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought that too - I see no resemblance between tonali's game and Pirlos. Tonali seems more active than the deep playmaker that Pirlo was.

It's just because they started both at Brescia that they are liked to each other isnt it?
Yep and the long hair.

Nickelodeon

Random tossing of our name is usually the last step before a signing is confirmed with the probable club

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can't say I know enough about him. Would he be well suited to playing Matic' role in the team?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sport Witness have linked us to a few players this window, possibly the worst source.

Didn't they also claim we were in for JIminez.
Sport Witness are not a source. They are an aggregator.

The read through foreign reports and translate them, basically.

hungrywing

These tenuous 'very poor source' links could be Woody trying to gauge the fanbase's interest in any particular transfer.

If you want Tonali, make your voice heard now.

Who's better, Tonali or Marc Roca?

Asking for a friend,

Ned Forrester

Status
Not open for further replies.