Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Sané starting in the community shield (and doing his knee) makes a transfer seem less likely again. Had he been out of the squad selection today, I'd have taken it as a sign.
We spent 85 million on Hernandez, as a centre back, even though he played most of his career as a left back. He was also injured on his knees, twice, the past season alone. We didn't care.
We were willing to spend absurd amounts on money for Hudson-Odoi, even though he suffered from one of the worst injuries, an athlete can have and he hardly has any professional experience. We didn't care.
As long as Sane can keep the leg, we'll keep trying.

ju_

Hernandez played most of his career as a centre back.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

This guy is usually reliable regarding Bayern, isn't he?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

This guy is usually reliable regarding Bayern, isn't he?
Yeah it's a pretty known fact he's off to Bayern. City are playing hard ball over the fee but he will either leave this summer for pennies or join next year for free.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah it's a pretty known fact he's off to Bayern. City are playing hard ball over the fee but he will either leave this summer for pennies or join next year for free.
Mad that they're not doing more to keep him at City, since Pep's expiry date is probably getting closer too. He's still only 24 and an absolutely frightening player imo.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Icardi Werner and now Sane yet people keep talking about how there would be little money spent this window

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hoeness is already talking about him like a Bayern player so this is happening.

Josh 76

Sane leaving only makes City weaker. City already need players to replace Silva, Fernindino and Augero.

The Scousers must be loving it.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mad that they're not doing more to keep him at City, since Pep's expiry date is probably getting closer too. He's still only 24 and an absolutely frightening player imo.
I get the feeling in Sané's case there's not much City can do, because it seems he first and foremost really wants to move to Bayern to increase his stock in the German National Team ahead of the 2021 EC and 2022 WC.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Love to see this. City never deserved him and I'm glad they won't see his best years.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I get the feeling in Sané's case there's not much City can do, because it seems he first and foremost really wants to move to Bayern to increase his stock in the German National Team ahead of the 2021 EC and 2022 WC.
Is this a thing? Bayern is the premier German club but plenty of players in other clubs have featured for the national team

Love to see this. City never deserved him and I'm glad they won't see his best years.
Who deserves him?

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Sane leaving only makes City weaker. City already need players to replace Silva, Fernindino and Augero.

Delighted! He always seems to score against Liverpool.

Looks like a big rebuilding job at City now, could be difficult without Champions League football.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is this a thing? Bayern is the premier German club but plenty of players in other clubs have featured for the national team
According to German football media Sane's camp was pushing hard for a winter transfer to Bayern to improve his chances for the Euros.

That's why I think that's really the case.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
According to German football media Sane's camp was pushing hard for a winter transfer to Bayern to improve his chances for the Euros.

That's why I think that's really the case.
It also certainly helps him for the national team when he‘s playing with Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka et al. weekly.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Icardi Werner and now Sane yet people keep talking about how there would be little money spent this window
Icardi had a clause in his loan deal which had to be activated by last week. It was.

Werner had a release clause of just over 50m. It's been triggered.

Sane has 1 year left at City and made his feelings about wanting to go known for a while.

They are definitely not your standard everyday deals.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
You mean the one with him celebrating a goal against Monaco in a nothing game in the CL?

Also worth noting that he had the badge changed on the kit from a City badge to just a non-descript football kit...
Any excuse to quote this post.
Definitely tops Memphis Depay's lion tattoo. At least his can be explained away. With Sané, the conversation would go something like this:

Person: "What's that tattoo of?"
Sane: "It's of me celebrating a goal in the Champions League."
Person: "Really? Was it the winning goal?"
Sane: "No, someone else scored before me but I thought it was a pretty cool moment."
Person: "What kind of goal was it?"
Sane: "A tap-in."
Person: "Who was it against?"
Sane: "Monaco."
Person: "Oh. At least it was in the final, right?"
Sane: "No."
Person: "Semi final?"
Sane: "No..."
Person: "Quarter final?"
Sane: "No. Last 16."
Person: "Ah. I'm guessing you made it to the quarters though, right?"
Sane: "Nah, we lost the second leg."

RyRoc

Fantastic ability and still only 24 - providing his injuries haven't changed his game too much , I still think he has the potential to be the left-sided player in world IMO.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Icardi had a clause in his loan deal which had to be activated by last week. It was.

Werner had a release clause of just over 50m. It's been triggered.

Sane has 1 year left at City and made his feelings about wanting to go known for a while.

They are definitely not your standard everyday deals.
All around the 50m mark. Alot of people were saying we would hardly see such deals

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only one instance comes to mind. Did he score in the CL against youse?
He scored twice in the 5-0, once in last seasons 'title decider' and pretty sure he's scored against them in some City defeats as well

Makes a change to see one of our rivals have one of the better players taken from them against their will

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Not much to do when a player has made his mind up. Be interesting to see how much he is involved when the season resumes.

Bwuk

Davies and Sane down the left for Bayern will be brilliant.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Bayern having been making some good signing recently. If the Havertz rumors are true too, it looks like they have quite the collection of young talent. Glad Sane is leaving city, class player.

Pep's Suit

Yeah, City offered him good money but it's clear he wants to go back to Germany. Pep has 1 year left on his contract but I can see him sign 1-2 year extension so this is the best solution anyway.

Well, Sane only started 20 league games even in 18/19 but yeah City were missing his pace and left-foot this season.
Who are City after as a replacement?
Looks like City are looking at Ferran Torres, Leon Bailey and Adama (unlikely).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Davies and Sane down the left for Bayern will be brilliant.
I would disagree, this is the exactly the reason why Pep doesn't want to start Sane in fact, Pep prefers an inside forward on the left side so that the width can be provided by Mendy. Whenever Sane started it was usually Delph as LB, who would move centrally rather than attack the left side of overlap Sane.

The reason why Davies has been so successful for Bayern in that usually is Gnabry or Persic who play on the left, as inside forwards, and drag the opposition right back inside to overload the center, this then gives Davies space to use his speed and attack.

If Sane plays on the left, he will likely stay close to the touch line and that will reduce the space Davies will have to bomb forward. Sane will have to play more centrally, or down the right, to allow Davies space to attack from the back otherwise. He's not comfortable doing both.

One thing I would be interested in seeing in the dynamic between Sancho and Hakimi this season because they have a similar partnership, though I think Sancho plays a lot more centrally, like an inside forward, than Sane has for City.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Why does Pep dislike him?
I’ve always thought it was linked to Pep not wanting the traditional touch line hugging wingers - especially when Mendy was available to provide the width. Sane seemed to get most of his minutes when Mendy was injured. It just seems that way, I have no stats for you amol :lol:

That and didn’t Sane also have a couple of “attitude problems”? Might be wrong though. City’s loss.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
City are mad. This kids not even hit his peak yet.
One of the few players ive seen consistently give van dijk a torrid time for club and country.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
All around the 50m mark. Alot of people were saying we would hardly see such deals
Who was saying this? I remember saying we won't be seeing 100m, 120m or 130m deals. 50m deals still possible. Icardi was loan to buy and Sane can leave for nothing next summer so that explains his low rumored fee. Werner had a release clause too. Dont think this means a Jadon Sancho for example will be going for 50m. These were unique circumstances.

Pep's Suit

City are mad. This kids not even hit his peak yet.
One of the few players ive seen consistently give van dijk a torrid time for club and country.
Well what can you do if a player wants to go? Like I said before: I think Pep will sign extension, mainly now when Lillo should become his new assistant. Also Mahrez' been doing very well this season so if Sane leaves and his transfer fee basically covers both Torres and Aouar... No complains.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Confirmed by Pep that they've offered him a few contracts and he's rejected them all and wants to go. Will either leave this summer if fee agreed or at the end of his contract. Bayern seem cert to get him and continuing the sweep up of German talent.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not played at all this season and unlikely to be played in the remaining games with them knowing his future is not at the club. Has been great for them but remains to be seen if the disruption with the long injury and lack of game time will have had an effect on him as a player.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Confirmed by Pep that they've offered him a few contracts and he's rejected them all and wants to go. Will either leave this summer if fee agreed or at the end of his contract. Bayern seem cert to get him and continuing the sweep up of German talent.
And the best part is that Bayern can continue to buy world class players on the cheap.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
And the best part is that Bayern can continue to buy world class players on the cheap.
That's on City. They could have sold Sane to us last season (we were willing to pay ~100m €). I'd say the big difference between us and some other clubs is our patience. It was the same with Robben who we followed for years and only got him when the right opportunity presented itself. That strategy does however also have its downsides because it means sometimes we miss out on targets and/or lack certain players in the short/mid term.

Kostov

That's on City. They could have sold Sane to us last season (we were willing to pay ~100m €). I'd say the big difference between us and some other clubs is our patience. It was the same with Robben who we followed for years and only got him when the right opportunity presented itself. That strategy does however also have its downsides because it means sometimes we miss out on targets and/or lack certain players in the short/mid term.
The difference between you and other big clubs is that you play in a league that no matter how shit you are you still are champions and can afford the patience. If you had genuine competition and regularly miss on trophies your patience would be different.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I would disagree, this is the exactly the reason why Pep doesn't want to start Sane in fact, Pep prefers an inside forward on the left side so that the width can be provided by Mendy. Whenever Sane started it was usually Delph as LB, who would move centrally rather than attack the left side of overlap Sane.

The reason why Davies has been so successful for Bayern in that usually is Gnabry or Persic who play on the left, as inside forwards, and drag the opposition right back inside to overload the center, this then gives Davies space to use his speed and attack.

If Sane plays on the left, he will likely stay close to the touch line and that will reduce the space Davies will have to bomb forward. Sane will have to play more centrally, or down the right, to allow Davies space to attack from the back otherwise. He's not comfortable doing both.

One thing I would be interested in seeing in the dynamic between Sancho and Hakimi this season because they have a similar partnership, though I think Sancho plays a lot more centrally, like an inside forward, than Sane has for City.
I wanted to write the same :D.......the heatmap of Sane and Davies will be the same because they will stand on each others feet........a full-back like Pavard would be the perfect left-back for Sane at Bayern Munich.

Status
Not open for further replies.