Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I wanted to write the same :D.......the heatmap of Sane and Davies will be the same because they will stand on each others feet........a full-back like Pavard would be the perfect left-back for Sane at Bayern Munich.
Yea I've never been very enthusiastic about the idea of Sane joining Bayern. He is a great player and it would be awesome to have him back in the BL, but tactically it just doesn't make sense. Even before Davies you had Alaba at LB, who too is left footed and loves to bomb forward.

I think this is just a statement signing the board want to make to show fans that they have ambitions to reclaim the UCL, regardless of how he would fit in tactically. He's never been successful as a RW so if Bayern decide to play him there, it will be a disservice to Sane's abilities.

Though if he fails, it would funny to give back to PL fans who always harp on about a few BL players who didn't do well in the PL :D

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I wanted to write the same :D.......the heatmap of Sane and Davies will be the same because they will stand on each others feet........a full-back like Pavard would be the perfect left-back for Sane at Bayern Munich.
He used to play RW all the time at Schalke, well enough to secure him an offer from City. He'll do just fine on either wing.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Yea I've never been very enthusiastic about the idea of Sane joining Bayern. He is a great player and it would be awesome to have him back in the BL, but tactically it just doesn't make sense. Even before Davies you had Alaba at LB, who too is left footed and loves to bomb forward.

I think this is just a statement signing the board want to make to show fans that they have ambitions to reclaim the UCL, regardless of how he would fit in tactically. He's never been successful as a RW so if Bayern decide to play him there, it will be a disservice to Sane's abilities.

Though if he fails, it would funny to give back to PL fans who always harp on about a few BL players who didn't do well in the PL :D
In this case at least his price is now €50-60m and not €100m :D

Pep's Suit

That's on City. They could have sold Sane to us last season (we were willing to pay ~100m €). I'd say the big difference between us and some other clubs is our patience. It was the same with Robben who we followed for years and only got him when the right opportunity presented itself. That strategy does however also have its downsides because it means sometimes we miss out on targets and/or lack certain players in the short/mid term.
€90-100m incl add-ons when he was clearly worth as much as Coutinho?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He looks to be right pissed enough at City to do a reverse Tevez.
I'd take a chance on him if we don't get Sancho.
Take a chance on him? You serious?

It's super remote, but I would absolutely love to see him in a United shirt. A bona fide dynamic winger. Whilst we're in dreamland, I would say having Sane on the left and Sancho on the right would be as exciting as any of our previous great teams. And to think City could have had them both.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Well, if the plan is to wait until 2021 when his contract is expired then why can't he choose Bayern over us?

I'm pretty sure the poster meant it that we should try to place a bid since Bayern couldn't match the value.
I'm misinformed. Thought he was put of contract this year so would be available for free.

Pep's Suit

Bayern want Dest from Ajax on loan. Genuinely don't think they'll spend enough (€60-65m) on Sane to sign him this summer. Right now there are rumours they only offered €40m.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Why does Pep dislike him?
I think dislike is a strong word to use, Sane and Pep have both praised each other this year, City and Pep have wanted to keep him and according to Pep offered 3 different contracts, so don't think it has to do much with disliking him in that sense.

However I feel Pep issue with Sane is that in fact he can be an extremely disappointing player, at times he looks disinterested (I recall hearing this from many German fans on reddit when talks about him not being a starter or taken to the last WC) and lacks consistency (this is also something Jupp highlighted and why he doesn't believe Sane is a 100m player). His talent/quality is there, but those above habit is the reason why he hasn't become an undisputed starter at City.

I'm quite interested to see how things go for him with this move. Some negatives, He's just returned from an ACL so we don't know how much that has impacted him, this is an injury that has regressed many greats before him, I've always felt many players who play under Pep get benefits with not being criticized too much, but going to Germany/Bayern he will face a bulk to criticism if he doesn't change those habits above.

Now the positive he returns home, where some players just perform better, he will play his natural position as RW and be a nailed on starter, will guarantee starter position for Germany (not because he's joined Bayern, but it seems a lot of players, not all in Bundi are preferred on the national team), also this give him a chance to build chemistry with other German players on the team.

Overall it'll be an interesting adventure to follow, I feel in City case they had very little say in this, some outlets indicate his mom was a driving force to him returning to Germany, while perhaps him not being a guarantee starter at City may have also turned his head.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
This guys been in talks since i was in my mums stomach. What's the stitch with this transfer?

marktan

I mean if that's what Bayern are offering I'd offer £50m to tempt City, top class wide players are hard to come by. Especially left footed ones.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
This guys been in talks since i was in my mums stomach. What's the stitch with this transfer?
- His mom wants him to return back to Germany
- He wants to raise his kid there
- Did his ACL so Bayern want to pay half of what they would've paid if he didn't injure his ACL + final year on contract
- City aren't going to let Bayern push them around want 70M for Sane, will even let him walk for free next year

I mean if that's what Bayern are offering I'd offer £50m to tempt City, top class wide players are hard to come by. Especially left footed ones.
Problem is he only wants Bayern move at the moment, hence they're playing hard ball.

marktan

- His mom wants him to return back to Germany
- He wants to raise his kid there
- Did his ACL so Bayern want to pay half of what they would've paid if he didn't injure his ACL + final year on contract
- City aren't going to let Bayern push them around want 70M for Sane, will even let him walk for free next year

Problem is he only wants Bayern move at the moment, hence they're playing hard ball.
Yeah inn that case if I were City I'd keep him for another year and let him go on a free. 40m euros is change to City.

beingshe7don

On a totally unrelated topic, still can't get over the fact that the board chose to not sign Mahrez when we wanted a left-footed RW but we chose to sign a right-footed LW to play on the right side.

izec

One year left on his contract and he sits on the bench all the time, not even sub appearances. I can see why it was cheap, maybe not that cheap, but still. City will take the money and reinvest back i guess

He'sRaldo

Good negotiators working in the recruitment department
Interesting to think Lewandowski, Gnabry, Muller, and Coman cost a combined 15m. And now they're getting Sane for less than 50m.

A very good attack assembled at less than the cost of one Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.