Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulscholes18

Wait and see how he returns from injury, he was top draw the last 2 seasons. See players never return as good as they were before after a huge injury

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The fact he virtually did not play this season could be a factor.
<€50m is a ridiculous price.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Great signing, can be difficult to keep so many quality players happy when fighting for limited positions, even Sir Alex struggled with it at times. Quite important if we want to get a seat at the top of English football for teams like City to lose players like Sane.

Skills

Snitch
The fact he virtually did not play this season could be a factor.
<€50m is a ridiculous price.
Was in the last year of his deal and refusing to re-sign. We might be in the same position with Pogba

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Was in the last year of his deal and refusing to re-sign. We might be in the same position with Pogba
Yes. But look at Hazard and Pulisic. They cost a lot more.
Pogba will have us over a barrel.

flappyjay

How do Bayern keep getting away with this?!
Negotiations and patience. Look at how our fans are already asking about alternatives to Sancho if we don't get him now. Bayern wanted Sane last year when they deal didn't happen they patiently waited for him and were probably prepared to wait for next year and get him on a free.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Still no idea why we let Werner go, but the Sané deal finally happening is awesome.

Pace Abuser

Negotiations and patience. Look at how our fans are already asking about alternatives to Sancho if we don't get him now. Bayern wanted Sane last year when they deal didn't happen they patiently waited for him and were probably prepared to wait for next year and get him on a free.
It's easy to wait when you have no competition in the league and will win the league regardless. The EPL is far far more competitive and moves faster.

slored1

Bayern surely now have the best team in Europe. Absurd amount of quality in every position.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ouch. So City will have probably made a loss on him.
Crazy due to how much better he is now since he first joined but I bet Sane was sulking a lot and Pep would rather just get him out.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
How do Bayern keep getting away with this?!
Well, City has paid Karma for bitching around last summer and risk an injury without any necessarity. Bayern would have paid 120-150m€ last year.

But then:

- he got injured (needed almost a full year to recover)
- only 1 year left on his contract
- Corona crisis

So he's cheap now compared to last year with reason. There is quite a risk for Bayern now due to his injury (and Corona could cause another shut down). I think 50m€ is still a good price considering the circumstances.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well, City has paid Karma for bitching around last summer and risk an injury without any necessarity. Bayern would have paid 120-150m€ last year.

But then:

- he got injured (needed almost a full year to recover)
- only 1 year left on his contract
- Corona crisis

So he's cheap now compared to last year with reason. There is quite a risk for Bayern now due to his injury (and Corona could cause another shut down). I think 50m€ is still a good price considering the circumstances.
Do you think this takes Bayern out of any potential race for Havertz?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wow, did not think Bayern would pull this off at lower than 50 million. Kudos to them for getting this deal done.

Let's see how he fits tactically into Bayerns setup.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Do you think this takes Bayern out of any potential race for Havertz?
No, not at all. Bayern was ready to buy Sane last season for 100+, and planned to buy Havertz this season for 100+.

When Sane got injured, they took Coutinho on loan as a replacement for 1 year. So the money for Sane is still there from last season (and he got cheaper than expected now).

I don't know right now how likely we are to sign Havertz this summer, but it shouldn't have anything to do with Sane.

davidmichael

Sane for less than £50 million is an unreal deal for Bayern, if they move enough players on as well as getting Coutinho and Perisic off the wage bill they could snap up Havertz as well which would then arguably see them as the best team in Europe.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Brilliant business by Bayern. People can talk about a risk all they want, it's a minimal risk. Robbery retire and within 48 months Bayern have Gnabry, Sane and Coman competing.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wait and see how he returns from injury, he was top draw the last 2 seasons. See players never return as good as they were before after a huge injury
Absolutely true. That is also the reason why I was always impressed by Ribery and Robben. Both have an incredible long record of injuries, yet they always came back to top form quickly ( especially Robben ).

Jericholyte2

As this Christian Faulk guy seems to get this right, are we treating his other stuff as being more reliable now?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
As this Christian Faulk guy seems to get this right, are we treating his other stuff as being more reliable now?
They have credibility when it comes to club. He might be tier 1 for bayern but can be tier 4 for let's say some club in france.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolute bargain for Bayern.

If they get Havertz as well, then my word what a very strong side they will have! You’d probably have to fancy them for the CL too.

dbs235

Can see him being class for them. Arsenal should be glad they won't make the CL any time soon because I just have images of him destroying them at the Emirates in the last 16 if they played.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Whydon'twehaveboth.gif

We could always have sold him again later on. ;)
Because I get around seeing his Hackfresse in our shirt day in day out, and that's a clear win in my book.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Still no idea why we let Werner go, but the Sané deal finally happening is awesome.
Because Werner is nothing special against deep siting opponents. That covers 98% of Bayern’s games.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Because Werner is nothing special against deep siting opponents. That covers 98% of Bayern’s games.
It's not like we don't have uses for rapid players, see Alphonso Davies. Sure, Werner is probably more effective in a mainly counterattacking setup.

Because I get around seeing his Hackfresse in our shirt day in day out, and that's a clear win in my book.
Fair point :lol:
Although I don't share the dislike for him. ^^

Stretender

How does Bayern pull off such deals at decent prices? We need to hire their negotiators. Leroy Sane is a top talent I wish he played for us.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
How does Bayern pull off such deals at decent prices? We need to hire their negotiators. Leroy Sane is a top talent I wish he played for us.
By convincing the player and being patient. They are in the comfortable position to be the latter.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
As a PL fan I’m sad to see the back of him. As a rival fan I couldn’t be happier, seemed to always tear us a new one. Phenomenal player when fit and bothered.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Typical of Bundesliga clubs to just roll over and let the mighty Bayern pick their players. Would never happen in the Premier League.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think he is insinuating that City rolled over like Bundesliga clubs. But he fails to see that City would have never sold to a domestic rival.
Yeah I agree, I don't buy that narrative from PL fans. T'was a cheeky reply (this is too much explanation for a 4 character post, ha)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Incoming tattoo of a tap in in a 1-1 home draw with Augsberg

Bwuk

He’s going to be outstanding for them.

Fantastic player. He’s a freak athlete with fantastic balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.