Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
That fee is a bit mental considering City were supposedly not going to be lowballed.
One year left on his contract, player determined to leave, has missed the entire season injured, had been benched for the majority of the prior season’s title-deciding run-in. A pretty fair price really, annoying the injury last summer has cost us a substantial amount though.

Robertd0803

One year left on his contract, player determined to leave, has missed the entire season injured, had been benched for the majority of the prior season’s title-deciding run-in. A pretty fair price really, annoying the injury last summer has cost us a substantial amount though.
Thats the thing. It is a fair price. So odd to see these days. All the more frustrating its Bayern to benefit.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I have seen 2 separate BBC reports mention the £100m number

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53244455

And now Bayern have come forward with a package that over the five years of his contract will net Sane £100m.

It is really a lot of money in wages. Bit Barca-esque tbh.
We‘ll probably never know. Bayern’s highest earners (Neuer, Lewy) seem to be on €16m to €18m. Obviously gross.
Bayern pays good wages, also for the „average“ player. Still their wages to turnover ratio is below 50%.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Poor Sane, having to take a substantial payrise to go play for a bigger club in his native Germany. A truly tragic tale.

We‘ll probably never know. Bayern’s highest earners (Neuer, Lewy) seem to be on €16m to €18m. Obviously gross.
Bayern pays good wages, also for the „average“ player. Still their wages to turnover ratio is below 50%.
Have to take Sane’s wage figure with a pinch of salt. City I’d guess are the source for the number, obviously in their interest to exaggerate it. But I doubt it’s far off.

GuyfromAustria

Lewandowski shifted the power balance, sure. The other two? Not so much. Götze was pretty much a non-factor both at Bayern and at Dortmund now, Hummels is long past his prime. He's not been the gamechanger that Alaba is now. And that is it for the past 10, maybe even 20 years? Hardly something you could call "regular".
Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio from Leverkusen? Or Klose, Borowski, Ismael (Pizarro :D) from Werder? Dortmund definitely wasn't the only club who lost some players to you when they had rather good teams.
I guess the last few years it's not that common anymore cause no one is really challenging you anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great signing for Bayern. He's a brilliant footballer. I still don't understand why things went wrong for him at City? He was an important part of their success. And I do think they missed him this year.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Do you think you'll be able to get a player just as good for that amount, in the current transfer market?
Not a hope. Sane is a £100m player. I can see us maybe take Coman off them for similar money, someone of that level.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Great signing for Bayern. He's a brilliant footballer. I still don't understand why things went wrong for him at City? He was an important part of their success. And I do think they missed him this year.
I don't think things went wrong. The pull of Bayern is strong for German players.

Pep's Suit

Not a hope. Sane is a £100m player. I can see us maybe take Coman off them for similar money, someone of that level.
Honestly I seriously doubt that City will sign a winger this summer.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Coman is not being sold. Bayern were in need of a winger and got Sané.

amolbhatia50k

I don't think things went wrong. The pull of Bayern is strong for German players.
So the guy that got a City moment tattooed on his body, and has had great seasons for you, wants to leave because of the lure of Bayern? I'm not doubting that this can happen I just always it was due to issues between Pep and the player due to issues. So it's just him wanting to go back to Germany and play for the biggest club there.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
So the guy that got a City moment tattooed on his body, and has had great seasons for you, wants to leave because of the lure of Bayern? I'm not doubting that this can happen I just always it was due to issues between Pep and the player due to issues. So it's just him wanting to go back to Germany and play for the biggest club there.
It should be mentioned that our interest in Sane wasn't new. Before he went to City we were already after him but at the time Sane wanted to play under Guardiola and he also wasn't sure he'd immediatly have a place at Bayern (Ribery and Robben were still around, Müller is Müller and Coman was looking strong). Now he comes to us not as a talent but as a star player. He isn't the first player who we didn't get at first but still ended up at our club later (in case of Robben for example we tried it two times before we finally got him).

amolbhatia50k

It should be mentioned that our interest in Sane wasn't new. Before he went to City we were already after him but at the time Sane wanted to play under Guardiola and he also wasn't sure he'd immediatly have a place at Bayern (Ribery and Robben were still around, Müller is Müller and Coman was looking strong). Now he comes to us not as a talent but as a star player. He isn't the first player who we didn't get at first but still ended up at our club later (in case of Robben for example we tried it two times before we finally got him).
True. And no doubt Bayern have a huge lure for German players in particular. But I guess just had an impression that Sane was one of those foreign players who has really taken to City as a club, and being part of a Pep team. But regardless, them losing a talent like him is definitely good for us. As long as they keep their grubby palms away from Sancho.

They could have had Sancho, Sterling, Sane and Mahrez as their 4 wingers which would have been absurd.

Canagel

great signing. I dont know why I had faint hopes we might come and steal him at the last second Tevez 2.0

wishful thinking .

I see this claim quite a lot, and I think this is vastly exaggerated. I've just looked at the signings of last decades, and Bayern tends to buy mostly internationally or from lower tier clubs. Not from their actual rivals. The only signings that would fit that description in the past decade would be Mats Hummels (a player they sold back to Dortmund after one contract term), Mario Götze (also sold back after one term) and Lewandowski. So there's one signing that actually lasted at Bayern where I would agree with you that they "took a player from their strongest rival". However, as can be seen every week, for a good reason. Not to hurt Dortmund as much as getting themselves arguably an European top 5 striker.

In addition, Hummels is still performing just fine for Dortmund and Götze, well... one hit wonders do be like that. So, to be frank, I have no clue what you're on about. But looking at the entire transfer volume for Bayern, they get more of their own youths into the first team than "taking players from their strongest rival". And let's be clear on this, "the strongest rivals" for Bayern don't play in the Bundesliga. They play in other leagues and have names like Barcelona, Madrid (either one, tbh), Juventus, Liverpool etc.
So you've named 3 in a in single decade but yet you want to reduce that to one? No wonder you have no clue what I'm talking about.

And your strongest rivals in the Bundesliga are obviously German rivals for fecks sake. And why have you ignored the fact that 99.9% of Germans (like Sane) see you as the absolute pinnacle in their careers?

Fact is, if Bayern want a German player, in the vast vast vast majority of cases, they get their man. If they want a player from the Bundesliga, once again, more often than not they get them.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
So you've named 3 in a in single decade but yet you want to reduce that to one? No wonder you have no clue what I'm talking about.

And your strongest rivals in the Bundesliga are obviously German rivals for fecks sake. And why have you ignored the fact that 99.9% of Germans (like Sane) see you as the absolute pinnacle in their careers?

Fact is, if Bayern want a German player, in the vast vast vast majority of cases, they get their man. If they want a player from the Bundesliga, once again, more often than not they get them.
Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio from Leverkusen? Or Klose, Borowski, Ismael (Pizarro :D) from Werder? Dortmund definitely wasn't the only club who lost some players to you when they had rather good teams.
I guess the last few years it's not that common anymore cause no one is really challenging you anyway.
Ok, so essentially you're just complaining that Bayern buys in the Bundesliga now. Welp, that's going to make future transfers difficult. I guess the solution is that Bayern can only buy people that are international or literally born into club membership. This would also exclude anyone offering themselves to Bayern, of course. Ridiculous.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Dortmund and other German clubs sell their players, like they did Gotze, Sahin Kagawa Lewandoski, Hummels Pulisic, Mikitaryan, Aubamenyang Gundogan Dembele soon Sancho. Every top club in Europe has bought from them, Is there a reason why Bayern should be exempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.