Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kicker published an article on their homepage today, called "Sané is a hot candidate at FC Bayern", that claims there is a good chance that Bayern will sign him this summer, because Pep wants to get rid and because the player himself only wants to stay or go to Bayern, which supposedly also means the fee wouldn't be oversized.

German source:
https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball...-ist-ein-heisser-kandidat-beim-fc-bayern.html

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Kicker published an article on their homepage today, called "Sané is a hot candidate at FC Bayern", that claims there is a good chance that Bayern will sign him this summer, because Pep wants to get rid and because the player himself only wants to stay or go to Bayern, which supposedly also means the fee wouldn't be oversized.

German source:
https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball...-ist-ein-heisser-kandidat-beim-fc-bayern.html
This could be another Robben type signing. Robben was not wanted and was sold at a cheap price to make way for Ronaldo, Sane will be sold to make way for more City players.

Hope Sane has the same impact as well. Btw City can you give De Bruyne as well? :D

Red00012

You mean the one with him celebrating a goal against Monaco in a nothing game in the CL?

Also worth noting that he had the badge changed on the kit from a City badge to just a non-descript football kit...
Can’t believe he did this , if griezmann did it they’d would be chaos.

Kaglish10

Pep's clearly not convinced about something with the player. His workrate never seems to be an issue so I'd be keen to know what it is that Pep is unsure of.
Pep doesn't like traditional winger. He prefers his winger to cut in and interplay with the central players while his fullbacks stretch the wings. He had first deployed Sane on the right wing in his first season until it was clear that Sane couldn't play on the right.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Pep doesn't like traditional winger. He prefers his winger to cut in and interplay with the central players while his fullbacks stretch the wings. He had first deployed Sane on the right wing in his first season until it was clear that Sane couldn't play on the right.
Eh? He has used Sane and Sterling a lot as traditional wingers who stretch the back-line.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pep doesn't like traditional winger. He prefers his winger to cut in and interplay with the central players while his fullbacks stretch the wings.
This couldn't be further from the truth. Walker this season was moved to a more conservative role of an inverted fullback almost full-time and after Mendy, the only real overlapper, got injured, Pep went with Zinchenko, whose main movement is, again, to cut inside the midfield. He can provide the width from time to time (unlike a less versatile Delph), but the main width providers in current Pep's system are his wingers.

A few examples.

BlueHaze

I feel like he will 100% end up at Bayern.

As for us.. Remember when he said "I'm on the right side of Manchester" ?

ToToMarshall

Eh? He has used Sane and Sterling a lot as traditional wingers who stretch the back-line.
When Sané first came in to the side late 2016 he was often played on the right and he was terrible, and has only played there for brief spells in games since.

The whole reason they bought Mahrez was so they could play inverted wingers with Sterling on the left, but Mahrez hasn’t been all that consistent either so they’ve just played Bernardo Silva there a lot this season (what an embarrassment of riches).

Personally I don’t actually think City will sell him, they’ve been in talks over a new deal for months from what I’ve read - that’s one of the reasons he hasn’t been playing as much. They’re probably letting a lot of other fringe players go, Kompany’s already out the door, and replacing them this summer. I can’t see them letting Sané go on top of that, just gives them more work to do. He’ll sign a new deal.

Kaglish10

I'm not saying Sterling and Sane don't stretch the wings.

All I'm saying is Sane can only play as a traditional winger/SS, these are his best role whereas Sterling can play as an inverted forward on the left, as a traditional winger on the right side or SS.

If you look at Pep's Barca side, the likes of Villa, Pedro were inverted wing forwards who cut in several times, while Alves and Alba stretched the wings. Maybe that's what he's trying to do at Mancity. I know that Pep tried Sane on the right in his first season but he wasn't good until he was moved to the left.

The Nani

I'm not saying Sterling and Sane don't stretch the wings.

All I'm saying is Sane can only play as a traditional winger/SS, these are his best role whereas Sterling can play as an inverted forward on the left, as a traditional winger on the right side or SS.

If you look at Pep's Barca side, the likes of Villa, Pedro were inverted wing forwards who cut in several times, while Alves and Alba stretched the wings. Maybe that's what he's trying to do at Mancity. I know that Pep tried Sane on the right in his first season but he wasn't good until he was moved to the left.
Yeah but then Pep started tinkering at Bayern and fullbacks coming into central midfield has become a hallmark of his sides now.

He’s so clever. Or something.

Member 93275

He's a very good footballer but a one-dimensional one. Pep wants him to move into certain spaces, put pressure in other spaces etc., at the right time, and he can't provide in this dimension and doesn't seem to learn. Now people will argue "Pep stifles creative players!", but I don't think one skill excludes the other. Remember how this was said about Van Gaal? Now ask Robben if he felt stifled.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Wouldn't actually be shocked to see him leave this summer. He's not been playing enough for someone of his quality and towards the end of the season even Mahrez was getting starts ahead of him. If Bayern are willing to pay big money for him I can see it happening, unfortunately.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Hoeneß has confirmed that we're interested in Sané.

Wayne's World

I wonder how much City will sell him for? 70-80 million?

Bayern really have restructured their transfer policy this season, never thought I'd see them spend this type of cash

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I wonder how much City will sell him for? 70-80 million?

Bayern really have restructured their transfer policy this season, never thought I'd see them spend this type of cash
We've always spent quite a bit, but usually not on a single player. That's the only real difference.
Apparently we expect the fee to be somewhere between 70-100 million euro, which sounds reasonable. I guess it'll be 70 million euro plus a bunch of add ons, to make the fee look smaller.

SwedishFish

Makes sense for him to leave, he's not been consistent enough to stake a claim to be a starter for City which says a lot about their depth in the wide positions.
Bernardo and Sterling are some of the best wide players in the world and when they have players like Mahrez on the bench you can't help but feel that he's wasting his time there.

Since Bayern are going through a generation change them buying Sané would be an ideal signing to set them up for the future, he'd be a guaranteed starter there which he deserves considering how good he can be.

This is the biggest issue with stockpiling world-class talent like Manchester City has done in the pep era, not only do you block the path of homegrown talent like Sancho but they also have to ship talent that probably hasn't fulfilled their true potential due to limited playing time. Competition for positions is something you need to compete at the very top but you also feel that the squad could probably do with more utility players to balance it out.

A big reason to why Liverpool are doing so well is that they have just that, utility players that know they won't play every game but still can do the job for them when the chance comes up.

Reactions: van der star

RU Devil

Impact player whose leaving will hurt City. Granted, they are loaded in talent, but he always seemed to impact a game, especially when coming on as a sub. That Pep didn't start him more often is puzzling, but I guess there is some truth to the attitude problems Lowe hinted at. Reminds me of Rashford's initial impact, but he's kept it going & improving. I'd have him on my team, attitude or no, although we don't see him except for games. That Pep can even consider selling him shows you the gulf in talent between City & the rest of the league. Even Liverpool would have issues trying to replace a similar cog in their team.

IrishRedDevil

Alaba in exchange please, Mr. Hoeness
What’s City fans general thoughts on getting rid of a top young player?

Him and Pep don’t seem to have the best relationship, yet Sane still produces the numbers when given the chance (10 goals and 12 assists in 1800 league minutes).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I know they have a superstar team already but I'd be a bit gutted by this if I were a City fan

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
What’s City fans general thoughts on getting rid of a top young player?

Him and Pep don’t seem to have the best relationship, yet Sane still produces the numbers when given the chance (10 goals and 12 assists in 1800 league minutes).
Well from what I've seen on Twitter most fans don't want him to leave but there's not exactly much uproar or sadness such as you'd expect if it was someone like Aguero, Sterling, Bernardo Silva etc.

Personally, I'd much rather him stay. He's immensely talented and is almost certainly going to be a world class winger, if he's not already, and it only remains a question of just how high his ceiling is. I don't ever see him as a Balon D'or winner but he can become a top ten player in the world. That said, I'd understand if City decided to sell him to Bayern so long as the fee is appropriate. He's too good to sit on the bench but unfortunately for him so are Sterling and Bernardo Silva.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Are they really gonna get him unchallenged? Probably the most promising winger around and no one else tries to fight for him.

El Jefe

I've always been a bit confused by Pep's treatment of Sane this season. IMO he is a super player and better than Sterling the only difference is the latter fits Guardiola's type of wide player more.

Last season and the first half of this season just gone, Sane was absolutely unplayable at times. His assist ratio since he's been in the PL says it all and he gets a good amount of goals for a winger.

Who can City bring in that is better than Sane?

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Most certainly was a knockout game and Monaco knocked them out :lol:
Imagine getting a tattoo of yourself wearing the shirt of a team you only joined a year earlier.

Now imagine choosing a specific game...in which your team ultimately lost the tie and got knocked out.

Surely he must have lost a bet or something? :lol:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
If a player can provide 34 goals+assists in 47 matches (79 minutes per goal/assist), then I would happily take a slight bit of attitude problems along with him. And I think the attitude angle is played up too much, which player would be happy with not getting starts when you provide those kind of figures? He had the best goals+assists per minute ratio in the whole City squad this season, even better than Aguero and Sterling, so you can understand his frustration.

With regards to his attitude problems with Germany, he's started in their last 5 matches, including scoring 3 in his last 4. That included an opening goal against Netherlands in their last match, so I think those problems have also been put aside.

He is a class player so if United can't get him I hope Bayern do.

Treble

He is a fantastic talent but does not quite suit what Guardiola wants from his forwards. Firstly, he loses the ball much more often than the other City attackers and thus allows for counter attacks. Secondly, he isn't sufficiently disciplined and does not press enough. Basically, he is fantastic going forward but makes them more vulnerable defensively wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.