Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He gives City a great plan B when tiki taka isn't working. Tactically it'll be a huge step backwards if they let him go and fail to replace his directness with the ball.
There's no disputing that he's an excellent option to have, but not sure that tactically he'd be a huge loss in the manner that you suggest. Bernardo Silva and Sterling are very direct players too. They both are aggressive in possession and can be relied upon to pressure their fullback and create one v one situations.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bernardo Silva has proven to be the better player IMO. Higher pitch IQ and loses the ball less often (from what I've seen).

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
There's no disputing that he's an excellent option to have, but not sure that tactically he'd be a huge loss in the manner that you suggest. Bernardo Silva and Sterling are very direct players too. They both are aggressive in possession and can be relied upon to pressure their fullback and create one v one situations.
Disagree. No doubt both of them can be direct from time to time but they're your quintessential possession focused wide men, more likely to pass and move, look for the clever pass etc then just drive at their full back time and time again down the line.. not to mention, they're more likely to cut in and rely on the full-back to provide width.

Nothing wrong with that as a plan A... but Sane is that rare winger in modern day football, who can be effective on the same side as his natural foot and keep the pitch really wide. I can see why Pep has pushed him out of the first team because Sterling and Silva allow him to play his 'ideal' type of football, and are more consistent but Sane was a crucial plan B when the team got too 'tiki-taki'.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Disagree. No doubt both of them can be direct from time to time but they're your quintessential possession focused wide men, more likely to pass and move, look for the clever pass etc then just drive at their full back time and time again down the line.. not to mention, they're more likely to cut in and rely on the full-back to provide width.

Nothing wrong with that as a plan A... but Sane is that rare winger in modern day football, who can be effective on the same side as his natural foot and keep the pitch really wide. I can see why Pep has pushed him out of the first team because Sterling and Silva allow him to play his 'ideal' type of football, and are more consistent but Sane was a crucial plan B when the team got too 'tiki-taki'.
I get what you're saying, certainly the directness is a more 'natural' and central part of Sane's game compared to the other two. However, I still feel Bernardo and Sterling are just as effective (or more consistent, rather, as Sane when he is on form is devastating) at being direct when they are required to do so. I particularly love watching Bernardo Silva when he is told by Pep to hug the touchline on the right hand side and run at the fullback.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Find the public nature of the way Bayern have been talking about him disrespectful. Wtf is this?

Last edited:

Bojan11

Who cares? It’s finally happening to City.

Madrid do it to our players constantly.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He'd start every single game at Bayern whereas he doesn't get to do that at City for whatever reason. He was immense in 17/18 though and City might regret losing him as he offers something different when City need a goal. There were plenty of times last season where City didn't get a hold of a game until the last 20 minutes or so and Sane is the type of player that can be the difference in those situations.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Me thinks they splurge it all on Sancho if this goes through
There's apparently someone in Spain they've targeted as a replacement, cant remember who though.

Bayern's arrogance over this is funny especially as I highly doubt it'll even happen

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I get what you're saying, certainly the directness is a more 'natural' and central part of Sane's game compared to the other two. However, I still feel Bernardo and Sterling are just as effective (or more consistent, rather, as Sane when he is on form is devastating) at being direct when they are required to do so. I particularly love watching Bernardo Silva when he is told by Pep to hug the touchline on the right hand side and run at the fullback.
Yeah, Bernando and Sterling are incredibly direct players. I think they are more efficient overall (except Sterling in front of goal)

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Me thinks they splurge it all on Sancho if this goes through
No, Havertz is the one the club is going for next season. And there won't be enough money to afford both him and Sancho.

Bayern's arrogance over this is funny especially as I highly doubt it'll even happen
Various sources had it that the transfer had been agreed on quite some time ago, with all participants just waiting for City to secure a successor. If even Kovac is coming out of the woodwork now, this seems like it's actually true.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Really hope Bayern can sign him, he's a gun and his loss would weaken City. Every bit counts.

NoLogo

He'd start every single game at Bayern whereas he doesn't get to do that at City for whatever reason. He was immense in 17/18 though and City might regret losing him as he offers something different when City need a goal. There were plenty of times last season where City didn't get a hold of a game until the last 20 minutes or so and Sane is the type of player that can be the difference in those situations.
From his point of view a move would make sense. From Bayern's point of view it does as well. If Guardiola for some reason doesn't really rate him it might actually the best outcome for all parties involved.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A testament to their strength that this kind of talent doesn't start often. Unreal player on his day.

Lee565

A testament to their strength that this kind of talent doesn't start often. Unreal player on his day.
Looking at man city's whole squad you could easily have an argument for even their second string team being able to defeat United's current strongest team.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Looking at man city's whole squad you could easily have an argument for even their second string team being able to defeat United's current strongest team.
Sane Jesus Mahrez

Foden Fernandinho Gundogan

Mendy ????? Otamendi Danilo

Muric​

Probably. The front line is ridiculous for a second string team.

charlenefan

Sane Jesus Mahrez

Muric​

Nah

Thunderhead

Supports
City
There's apparently someone in Spain they've targeted as a replacement, cant remember who though.

Mikel Oyarzabal from Sociedad

Lee565

Mikel Oyarzabal from Sociedad
I would be gutted to see that happen, would love him at United and should have been an obvious signing this summer and to think he wouldn't even be joining city as an automatic first team player either.

Lee565

Sane Jesus Mahrez

Muric​

Plus they have just signed angelino as well and I highly doubt that they wont bring in another central defender as well considering they aren't as incompetent when it comes realising an area on the pitch that needs strengthening compared our pathetic lot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bayern have behaved disgracefully in their public pursuit of Sane. Like, quite possibly the worst case of this I can recall.

charlenefan

I would be gutted to see that happen, would love him at United and should have been an obvious signing this summer and to think he wouldn't even be joining city as an automatic first team player either.
There's honestly always one

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Amazing what they do to Niko Kovac in Bayern. They are treating him like some small kid. And he accepts all that. Every day he gets some slap from bosses. Now they made him to apologize to Pep about Sane comments. To bloody Pep who always talks about other players. Show some pride Niko ffs.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Sane Jesus Mahrez

Muric​

Fernandinho in second string? Rodri. Still we will be getting stream rolled

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Amazing what they do to Niko Kovac in Bayern. They are treating him like some small kid. And he accepts all that. Every day he gets some slap from bosses. Now they made him to apologize to Pep about Sane comments. To bloody Pep who always taljs about other players. Show some pride Niko ffs.
Because the Bayern board doesn’t seem to respect Niko Kovac. I have doubts whether the Bayern squad respect him as well. At one point in the season, I thought he was a dead cert to get fired but I think he’s still at Bayern because he’s like a puppet and he’s respectful, polite and humble and Germans like this type of people. Pep and Jupp could get away with their behaviour cause of their names but Niko is a nobody, he doesn’t think he deserves the job and he’s just happy to be there. Wish Niko Kovac can show some balls but I can understand if I were him, as soon as he start throwing toys out of his pram and don’t get along with the board, he’s out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bayern have behaved disgracefully in their public pursuit of Sane. Like, quite possibly the worst case of this I can recall.
Worse than Barca or Real when they are buying players? Ffs, they talk in public about every player who they want. How many times they mentioned Pogba, Hazard, Neymar in last 12 months? What do you think that it is coincidence that nearly every player goes in strike when Barca and Real want him?

And fun part is that Pep is doing that also. And now he got a apology. Bloody hell

SirAnderson

Personally I don't see anything wrong with courting a player publicly. Hell its better than tapping them up behind the clubs back.
But there seems to be some "gentlemen's" agreement to not talk about other clubs players. If you like a player you like a player, and if you would like to have them sign for you, what's wrong with telling the world. Sure it will maybe increase the players price cause it shows your desperation (aka Woody's "we can do things no other club can dream about.")
But I don't see it as classless like some say. I'd be more than fine if Ole were to say, Dybala is a player we like, and hopefully we can get a deal, we respect Juve and honor or understand their wishes if they do not want to sell.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Amazing what they do to Niko Kovac in Bayern. They are treating him like some small kid. And he accepts all that. Every day he gets some slap from bosses. Now they made him to apologize to Pep about Sane comments. To bloody Pep who always taljs about other players. Show some pride Niko ffs.
If he doesn't act like an adult, he shouldn't expect to be treated as such...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because the Bayern board doesn’t seem to respect Niko Kovac. I have doubts whether the Bayern squad respect him as well. At one point in the season, I thought he was a dead cert to get fired but I think he’s still at Bayern because he’s like a puppet and he’s respectful, polite and humble and Germans like this type of people. Pep and Jupp could get away with their behaviour cause of their names but Niko is a nobody, he doesn’t think he deserves the job and he’s just happy to be there. Wish Niko Kovac can show some balls but I can understand if I were him, as soon as he start throwing toys out of his pram and don’t get along with the board, he’s out.
I can't recognize Kovac. As a player and coach before Bayern he was man with principles. And now he is a man without any dignity.

Treble

Think Guardiola doesn't like Sane and this is the main reason why Sane might go to Bayern. Sane is a top talent but attitude is questionable, doesn't work hard enough and loses the ball much more often compared to Sterling and Bernardo. Guardiola may prefer to work with a less talented but more committed player.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Please explain this. I don't get it
Every time he opens his mouth, there's a big chance he either spouts total BS or talks about things he fecking shouldn't be talking about like suggesting Sane is a done deal, when clearly he isn't.
Most of our fanbase is fed up with Kovac. The ealier he's gone, the better.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Think Guardiola doesn't like Sane and this is the main reason why Sane might go to Bayern. Sane is a top talent but attitude is questionable, doesn't work hard enough and loses the ball much more often compared to Sterling and Bernardo. Guardiola may prefer to work with a less talented but more committed player.
He just prefers midfielders over strikers

Treble

He just prefers midfielders over strikers
Nah, this isn't the reason. Aguero is a striker but doesn't lose the ball often. Aguero and Sterling are among the best in the league at keeping the ball in the final 3rd, Sane is average at that and to make things worse doesn't run as much as the other forwards. Even Aguero runs further than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.