Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Nah, this isn't the reason. Aguero is a striker but doesn't lose the ball often. Aguero and Sterling are among the best in the league at keeping the ball in the final 3rd, Sane is average at that and to make things worse doesn't run as much as the other forwards. Even Aguero runs further than him.
Aguero is their CF, weird to bring him up when the wings were the obvious subject.

Treble

Aguero is their CF, weird to bring him up when the wings were the obvious subject.
It's not weird, Guardiola's stance on Sane has little to do with him not being a midfielder and a lot to do with his work rate, consistency, mentality, etc. Sterling is not a midfielder either and he is used on the left when Sane is on the bench. Why? Because he doesn't lose the ball cheaply, works harder, is more consistent, etc.

I think Sane is supremely talented and Guardiola is probably a bit harsh on him. But he lacks in certain things which Sterling, Bernardo and the other forwards have and this is the reason why he was marginalised in the 2nd half of last season. And for good reason too as City won 14 league games in a row and thus the league.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Every time he opens his mouth, there's a big chance he either spouts total BS or talks about things he fecking shouldn't be talking about like suggesting Sane is a done deal, when clearly he isn't.
Most of our fanbase is fed up with Kovac. The ealier he's gone, the better.
So fans don't love him, board wipes the floor with him on a daily basis, players have issues with him...:lol::lol:

I know that money and prestige of being Bayern's manager is huge but i don't know how any future manager will tolerate your club legends. They tell manager who will play, what formation is allowed, what manager can say and what he can't....amazing stuff.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
So fans don't love him, board wipes the floor with him on a daily basis, players have issues with him...:lol::lol:
He's just not good enough to coach an Elite team, plain and simple.
Tbf, he kinda came to grips with his deficiencies by getting Flick, Löws former assistant into the coaching team, and it shows already. We've looked quite bit less clueless compared to last season so far.

I know that money and prestige of being Bayern's manager is huge but i don't know how any future manager will tolerate your club legends. They tell manager who will play, what formation is allowed, what manager can say and what he can't....amazing stuff.
Well, he can always go back and train the Croatian NT, if he doesn't like it. Heard he was a huuuge success over there back then..oh wait.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's just not good enough to coach an Elite team, plain and simple.
Tbf, he kinda came to grips with his deficiencies by getting Flick, Löws former assistant into the coaching team, and it shows already. We've looked quite bit less clueless compared to last season so far.

Well, he can always go back and train the Croatian NT, if he doesn't like it. Heard he was a huuuge success over there back then..oh wait.
:lol::lol:. Maybe you misunderstanded me. I am not defending him, i think also that he is not good enough for elite club and personally i don't like him or his brother BUT the way how you treat him is not the way. Club must either stand behind a manager or fire him. This thing with Pep is mind blowing. He is a coach of another team. You must stand with your manager. It is like when your friend starts a fight in pub. You will tell him later that he is an idiot but in that moment you are with him.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Bayern have behaved disgracefully in their public pursuit of Sane. Like, quite possibly the worst case of this I can recall.
Yep it's very classless. The amount of quotes I've seen from members of their squad about signing Sane is ridiculous. If I was City I'd honestly refuse to negotiate whatsoever on that basis. That way you send a message to the likes of Bayern that if they want to sign one of our players they either conduct their business properly or not at all.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yep it's very classless. The amount of quotes I've seen from members of their squad about signing Sane is ridiculous. If I was City I'd honestly refuse to negotiate whatsoever on that basis. That way you send a message to the likes of Bayern that if they want to sign one of our players they either conduct their business properly or not at all.
You are right unfortunately.
I don't know what or who changed but many, many Bayern fans also wonder, why our representatives talk so much about possible signings nowadays. After all, it didn't used to be like that, at least not to this degree.

It all started with Salihamidzic raving about Odoi and how badly he wants him.
Then Hoeneß, Rummenigge himself and Kovac repeatedly talked about Sané. What is the benefit of this?
The owning club will get angry (deservedly so) and the expectations of the fans will only rise. If our board fails to sign Sané now (and maybe will instead even sign Werner), many fans will be close to rioting...

Just shut your mouth and only talk when the deal is done. It's not that hard ffs.

BUT: I don't know if Pep is in the right position to complain about this. After all, before we signed Thiago he explicitly said on a press conference that he wants Thiago and no one else.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Update:
According to the Kicker (among the most reliable papers in Germany) the deal is close to be done -> https://www.kicker.de/754616/artikel/hinweise-verdichten-sich_sanc3a9-wechsel-rueckt-naeher

"Nach kicker-Informationen gesellt sich zu Coman und Gnabry jedoch in Kürze Leroy Sané: Die heftigen Avancen des FC Bayern um den deutschen Nationalspieler von Manchester City sind offenbar von Erfolg gekrönt. Der 23-Jährige soll für eine Ablöse von über 100 Millionen Euro kommen und einen Vier- bis Fünfjahresvertrag unterschreiben."

-> "According to kicker information, Coman and Gnabry will soon be joined by Leroy Sané [as winger options]: FC Bayern's fierce advances for the German international from Manchester City are apparently crowned with success. The 23-years old is to come for a fee of over 100 million euros and sign a four or to five years contract."

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Whats the deal with Coman? has he not developed?
He is injured quite a lot. It's the same with Gnabry....regarding this aspect they are the perfect replacementy for Ribery and Robben :D
When Coman is fit and in form he is really, really good. I don't think he will ever be a world class player, because he is too limited for that in his play but his acceleration and speed are just insane.

But even if Sané joins us i think Coman will still be a regular starter. I'm quite sure that Sané will play as a right winger for us most of the time.
Our last decade was dominated by inversed wingers and attack-minded fullbacks and i think it will stay this way.

From Alaba+Ribery to Alaba+Coman and from Lahm+Robben to Kimmich+Sané.
This would be way better than what i feared for when Lahm retired and Ribery/Robben were declining.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't know what or who changed but many, many Bayern fans also wonder, why our representatives talk so much about possible signings nowadays. After all, it didn't used to be like that, at least not to this degree.

It all started with Salihamidzic raving about Odoi and how badly he wants him.
Then Hoeneß, Rummenigge himself and Kovac repeatedly talked about Sané. What is the benefit of this?
The owning club will get angry (deservedly so) and the expectations of the fans will only rise. If our board fails to sign Sané now (and maybe will instead even sign Werner), many fans will be close to rioting...

Just shut your mouth and only talk when the deal is done. It's not that hard ffs.

BUT: I don't know if Pep is in the right position to complain about this. After all, before we signed Thiago he explicitly said on a press conference that he wants Thiago and no one else.
Bayern have been talking about other club's players and business since forever. For example complaining about how Schweinsteiger got treated or Hoeneß telling people about how he would've dealt with Dembele when he went on strike and then later telling the public how the fee wasn't actually that good for Dortmund, or that time when Hoeneß just told the public that Daum was into cocaine without having actual proof.
I wonder if Hoeneß or Rummenigge ever actually said "that's not our business, no comment" [hyperbole]. Talking freely about potential signings was a very tiny step.

Treble

Good move for both Bayern and Sane if true. Think the best way to utilise Sane is to give him a free role in the attack as Low plays him for Germany. Guardiola gave him a very restricted role as a left winger.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Good move for both Bayern and Sane if true. Think the best way to utilise Sane is to give him a free role in the attack as Low plays him for Germany. Guardiola gave him a very restricted role as a left winger.
I'm not so sure Kovac is the right coach to unlock an attacking player's potential. Imho Sane is strongest when he can accelerate and take on players, but unless you're counter attacking you need positional play to create the necessary (pockets of) space/gaps for him and I wouldn't bet on Kovac being able to provide him with that context.

Treble

I'm not so sure Kovac is the right coach to unlock an attacking player's potential. Imho Sane is strongest when he can accelerate and take on players, but unless you're counter attacking you need positional play to create the necessary (pockets of) space/gaps for him and I wouldn't bet on Kovac being able to provide him with that context.
Fair enough, it's risky to leave Guardiola for Kovac.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Yeah, glad to hear Bayern fans themselves are not wholly comfortable with the approach. Agreed about Pep, I don't think any club or manager can claim to have a clean record when it comes to talking about signing players at other clubs, but the way Bayern have approached signing Sane seems to have exceeded what is usual.

Not sure about that, personally. It may well be a good move as he's likely to play more and maybe the prestige/environment of playing for Bayern will give him a kick up the arse and sort out his attitude issues. But I don't see him as someone who would excel in a free role (not that he'd be bad there, but don't see him doing any better there than he would do in a classical winger role), or who has been held back by Guardiola's demands of him.

Treble

Not sure about that, personally. It may well be a good move as he's likely to play more and maybe the prestige/environment of playing for Bayern will give him a kick up the arse and sort out his attitude issues. But I don't see him as someone who would excel in a free role (not that he'd be bad there, but don't see him doing any better there than he would do in a classical winger role), or who has been held back by Guardiola's demands of him.
Sane has a terrific left leg and can score goals from everywhere but was restricted mostly to supplying balls to the other forwards from the left wing. Think Guardiola should have given him more freedom.

UpWithRivers

Why is only Bayern in for him? Top player. We should have put in a bid just for shts and giggles. Who knows we might have got him after the way Bayern have been mouthing off.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Who would City replace him with, Sancho?
No idea, we've been linked with Oyarzabal who plays for Sociedad but I've not seen any names from any reliable sources yet. I expect that we'll keep him to be honest. I don't think Sane is going to force through a move and we're hardly going to be desperate to sell him.

pascell

No idea, we've been linked with Oyarzabal who plays for Sociedad but I've not seen any names from any reliable sources yet. I expect that we'll keep him to be honest. I don't think Sane is going to force through a move and we're hardly going to be desperate to sell him.
A lot of talk again about Bayern agreeing fees etc, think it's just paper gossip?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Rather in-Sane numbers... but yeah, that's the kind of money you have to spend this day and age, if you want to keep on playing with the big boys.

Fer

What happened with Bailey? I thought Bayern was closer to sign him.

Treble

Kicker are reliable, their information is probably true.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why is only Bayern in for him? Top player. We should have put in a bid just for shts and giggles. Who knows we might have got him after the way Bayern have been mouthing off.
It's a surprise he escaped Bayern's clutches in the first place, if you're a top German footballer chances are you're going to play for Bayern Munich

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
A lot of talk again about Bayern agreeing fees etc, think it's just paper gossip?
Probably a bit more than gossip as it's clear Bayern do want him. Still don't think he'll leave. Wouldn't be shocked if he did but I am anticipating that he'll still be a City player come the start of the season.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Probably a bit more than gossip as it's clear Bayern do want him. Still don't think he'll leave. Wouldn't be shocked if he did but I am anticipating that he'll still be a City player come the start of the season.
If Kicker states and phrases it like they did Bayern will sign him.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If Kicker states and phrases it like they did Bayern will sign him.
Weell, they were adamant but completely wrong about Tuchel to Arsenal. That has put a dent in my confidence in their rumors, I'd have taken them for gospel before that.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
City don’t lose players like other clubs. Why the hell do you lot think the Real Madrid’s and the Barca’s of this world don’t approach players like Aguero, Silva in his prime, De Bruyne, Sterling? It’s not because they have the most money. It’s something more I feel. I think it’s because City is run by a country and a football club like Real Madrid or in this case Bayern don’t want to go up against that lot.

I think if Sane does leave, it will be well over 100m for him. Also, the way Bayern have tapped him up by getting their whole squad and manager to talk openly about how much they want Sane is reason for me to believe Sane will be a City player next season. They’re not mugs in the transfer market.

Irwin99

He's a fantastic player but 137 million is crazy. The whole market is just mental.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
For once I'm pleased Bayern are having to actually pay market value for a player. If it's true they offered 72m for him, then that's almost derisory given his age and ability. I'd much prefer Sane to Dembele or Coutinho who went for shitloads. I don't think there is a more exciting winger in the game.

Such a shame he won't ever play for us.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Given how stupid prices are becoming for players, I think (Hope) we are ultimately going to see players insist on (a) more reasonable buy out clauses in their contracts, and (b) more top players running down their contracts and leaving on frees. Utterly perplexing to see players like Kane signing 6 year deals on mediocre money. No matter how much he wants to play for his boyhood club. He’s basically given away control of his prime years, to an unreasonable chairman. Aside from needing a much better agent, I think players will ultimately get much more savvy.

Big transfer fees really only benefit agents, who take percentages. Players will take a much greater share of the wealth if they start running down their contracts or negotiating better exit clauses into them. A player leaving on a 100m transfer and signing a 4 year contract worth 25m a year, is really costing the buying club 50m a year. But imagine they can sign him for free, still pay him 25m a year, but he can negotiate himself a 30-50m signing bonus. Both the player and club comes out ahead.

The system is unsustainable. Same doesn’t even start for City, but yet they want 140m for him. It’s fecking nuts. All of it.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Amazing what they do to Niko Kovac in Bayern. They are treating him like some small kid. And he accepts all that. Every day he gets some slap from bosses. Now they made him to apologize to Pep about Sane comments. To bloody Pep who always talks about other players. Show some pride Niko ffs.
He is caught in the middle of some boardroom infights. Like Salihamidzic, he is very much Hoeneß' man, Rummenigge would have prefered different personnel for both positions. Hoeneß will be out in late autumn. Rummenigge is acting in a way that keeps his options as broad as possible. If things don't look well by winter, even the tiniest bit, i expect Kovac to be ditched. With Flick in standby, there isn't even much of a headache wasted finding a replacement. If things *do* improve in a way Rummenigge likes, he can keep him without losing face, too. Bit the same about Brazzo. If he performs (starts to perform, i'd say) - fine, if not, hand that bit over to Kahn. They might not even need to fire him, just install Kahn on top of him.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Kicker is not infallible, especially when they report something as speculation. But I don't think they make stuff up, credibility is perhaps their biggest asset. If they report Sane moving as a fact, then I believe that's because they are honestly 100% convinced that it's going to happen and thus I actually wouldn't put too much stock into Bayern's Tweet, just because they appear to have found some respect for the other side at the 11th hour of this transfer saga.

Whereas Bayern usually do transfers well in advance and/or from a position of strength they now face quite a bit of pressure to sign a top attacker and this "late" into the window there might not be a lot of suitable alternatives to Sane, so they might actually get exploited quite a bit by City and Sane in negotiations.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sané starting in the community shield (and doing his knee) makes a transfer seem less likely again. Had he been out of the squad selection today, I'd have taken it as a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.