Santi Cazorla - nearly lost his leg!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Oh, I am sorry to hear this. Have been known to make digs about his name, wish the lad all the best now and good luck for a full recovery.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Back to Villarreal. Hope it goes well for him.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Miss this guy. Was a great player and a better character around the club.

I think Auba has taken over from the infectious personality point of view.

LFCFAN

Supports
Liverpool
So glad to hear he's back playing, great player and a really nice guy.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Miss this guy. Was a great player and a better character around the club.

I think Auba has taken over from the infectious personality point of view.
Could've extended it for a season, the heartless cnuts. I know someone who would have..............................

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Could've extended it for a season, the heartless cnuts. I know someone who would have..............................
True. Our chant for him was my favorite too... Can't we replace Cazorla with Torreira?

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Would that be the same who, who kept Diaby on the books far too long?:)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Glad to see him back but there was surely some medical negligence there?
I think he stayed on too long on the pitch after getting injured but the biggest thing is being extremely unlucky. Even being looked after by the best doctors, the risk of infection is still there.
A real shame that he lost 2/3 years of his career but i'm so glad he can play again.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think he stayed on too long on the pitch after getting injured but the biggest thing is being extremely unlucky. Even being looked after by the best doctors, the risk of infection is still there.
A real shame that he lost 2/3 years of his career but i'm so glad he can play again.
Yeah thats probably all he wants, just the number of times he was seen and operated on, he talks about yellow fluid and the fact he was given antibiotics but were the wrong ones. Seems very strange.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
One of those players you can't help but love. The extent of his ordeal over the past few years can't help me think that karma doesn't exist.

Glad to see him back but there was surely some medical negligence there?
Surely a very large amount of negligence - obviously a random infection can happen but the fact that there was clearly something wrong post-surgery due to his popping stitches out & the state of his wound should have absolutely warranted a closer inspection as opposed to another failed surgery.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Like with Shaw, Ramsey, etc, it's just good to see him playing again.

One of his 3 performances so far this season :drool:

POF

Fantastic little player. Great to see him doing so well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Prior to his unfortunate injury he was, for me, one of the best CMs in the world and my favourite to watch in the PL alongside Carrick. It's been brilliant seeing him not only play again, but, at times, still be the best player on the pitch.

Honestly, if he had stayed at Arsenal he'd probably still be one of the best CMs in the league. It's incredible that he's still as good as he is after what he went through.

Against one of the best teams on the planet and they can't get near him.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Prior to his unfortunate injury he was, for me, one of the best CMs in the world and my favourite to watch in the PL alongside Carrick. It's been brilliant seeing him not only play again, but, at times, still be the best player on the pitch.

Honestly, if he had stayed at Arsenal he'd probably still be one of the best CMs in the league. It's incredible that he's still as good as he is after what he went through.

Against one of the best teams on the planet and they can't get near him.
If he is still at Arsenal he probably will keep staying in hospital and never play again. Arsenal's medical team has to be the worst in football history.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
One of the few players that are a genuine joy to watch. Think only Silva in the prem currently is similar to him. Very very good player, such a shame for the injury at Arsenal.

Robbie Boy

It’s been great seeing him play again this season. Great player and seems like a good guy too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Shame Villareal have been so bad with him coming back, their back 4 been an embarrasment which has put them firmly in the relegation battle.

His Barca performance was brilliant, that through ball to Bacca for the 4th was inch perfect.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
From being out for 2 years and nearly losing his leg to getting recalled for the national team.

Delighted for him.

DoomSlayer

You’re really desperate to shoe-horn in the Mata criticism, aren’t you?
It's absolutely deserved. Mata is an incredibly nice guy, but he has been a huge flop for us and I feel he lost his desire and ambition to be one of the best players.

He is just happy to stay here and collect a very fat pay check that players of his current ability can only dream about. Only 31 years old, yet looks like a grandpa when playing. No bite and no purpose to his game anymore and it's been like that for 2 years or more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Got to be one of the biggest/best comebacks in sport ever. To get that sort of horrific injury, be forced to practically retire then get back close to your top level. Really is an amazing achievement. What a baller he is.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It's amazing where sports medicine has gone in the last 40 years, it seems every player has a serious injury at some point in their career and they're usually able to come back to the same level. Of course this is a miracle story, but it brings to mind how many players were lost to the sport through injury in part generations, how few top players there would be left without those advances.

I don't think teams could hope to play the high tempo physical style they do now if players couldn't recover from all these injuries so well. One reason the game is so fast!

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
It's amazing where sports medicine has gone in the last 40 years, it seems every player has a serious injury at some point in their career and they're usually able to come back to the same level. Of course this is a miracle story, but it brings to mind how many players were lost to the sport through injury in part generations, how few top players there would be left without those advances.

I don't think teams could hope to play the high tempo physical style they do now if players couldn't recover from all these injuries so well. One reason the game is so fast!
It's astonishing! He's had gangrene/8 centimetres of his achilles tendon eaten by bacteria and he not only still have the leg but actually plays professional football at the highest level. (And I thought CHO recovering form Achilles rapture in under 4 months was crazy). I suppose any sufficiently advanced medicine is indistinguishable from magic, to paraphrase Arthur C. Clarke.

jem

It's absolutely deserved. Mata is an incredibly nice guy, but he has been a huge flop for us and I feel he lost his desire and ambition to be one of the best players.

He is just happy to stay here and collect a very fat pay check that players of his current ability can only dream about. Only 31 years old, yet looks like a grandpa when playing. No bite and no purpose to his game anymore and it's been like that for 2 years or more.
Yeah, because when one thinks of Juan Mata, the words 'selfish fat cat' spring to mind....:rolleyes:

And isn't this a Cazorla thread?

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
One of my favourite pl players ever. Such shame injuries kept him out for so long. But his comeback has been just amazing