SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
My only criticism is the longish ques at the check outs.
Apart from that, they are good.
Meh, I don’t mind the extra 5 minutes for a cheaper and better quality shop. I have a bizarre (and probably unwarranted) hatred of Asda and Morrison’s. Anyway, I should maybe start a supermarket thread.....

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What's the reasoning behind Asda and Sainsbury's not enforcing mask wearing? I mean the real reason, the one that's hidden behind their "it's up to the police to enforce" excuse.
A couple of reasons. Staff are required to wear one but have no authority enforcing customers to wear one. Some people are exempt for various reasons and management don’t want to accidentally discriminate against a customer who is exempt.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I was out in a pub for a few tonight in Cork, this pub An Brog is one of my favourite pubs, but in this time of pandemic the social distancing measures were a joke, everyone is sat close to another group, whereas in the other pubs I’ve gone to in the last few weeks have been strict distancing and table service only here was not.
its only a matter of time till it upsurges everywhere with places operating like this.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
My only criticism is the longish ques at the check outs.
Apart from that, they are good.
I don't know where you live but I've noticed a huge difference in Lidl/Aldi in London vs in smaller towns.

I remember shopping in one in North London a few years ago (was probably around where Highbury was so was probably full of scummy Arsenal fans as well to top it off) and I genuinely felt like I was in a war zone. Every single second in that shop was a battle.

Went to one in Essex a couple of years ago and it was a truly lovely experience. Great bakery too.

Cautionary tale of living in London I guess.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
So do you all believe it was worth shutting down the country for virus with a death rate similar to that of Influenza?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Just so everyone knows what we're dealing with.

On David "the Moon is a spacecraft run by inter-dimensional Lizard-people" Icke:

He talks sense.

On Flat Earth:
The flat earth society is controlled opposition to make flat earth sound more implausible than it already does.
Sounds silly I know. Not as silly as believing the earth is spinning at 1000mph yet no one can feel it and airplanes don't have to take this into account. The earth spins so fast a bullet is put off course :lol:
You won't get any reasonable explanation from those here as to why the size of North America is so different in the images. The cognitive dissonance means they accept whatever they are told and are blind to bullshit.

On himself:
I'm pleased to see every prediction I made / conspiracy I posted about has turned out to be correct/true.

I will continue to be a source of knowledge and wisdom for the members of this forum, other than @Ubik who will never see sense.

On "Chemtrails"
Seriously when will you people open your eyes a realise what is really going on. Geoengineering 'Chemtrails' are real. I know it's usually hopeless posting this stuff here as none of you even contemplate that this could be real but it is becoming more and more obvious. Geoengineering isn't even a conspiracy, they are spraying the planet. Ok you can argue about if what they are spraying is harming us or not but there is no doubt we are being sprayed and the lines covering the sky are not just contrails.
Well most say it is weather for modification, to reduce so called global warming by covering the sky with this stuff to reflect the sun back up. Others would say its for Depopulation, dumbing down of society (same reason they put Fluoride in the water), destroying crops etc.

On why Trump won:
People woke up to the new world order.
(in case anyone isn't aware, New World Order originated in far-right white supremacist circles, and usually heavily features Jews)

On the Sun:
The sun is low and close. It is nowhere near 93 million miles away.

On Brexit:
I do think we could get a better deal as an independent nation yes or at least one that protects the NHS.

On Putin:
If you look deeper is rather obvious Putin is actually doing some good which is more than can be said for America.

Easily top 5 worst critical thinking skills in RedCafe history, right up there with Striker10 and that guy who kept reading climate graphs backwards. Decent football forum poster, though.

Edit: I'm sorry, I've made a huge mistake. A quick look at his recent posts makes it clear he's also a terrible football forum poster.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
And no self service. Seems like an obvious flaw for someone to touch every single thing I'm buying, and be touching things handled by hundreds of different people both before and after that.
The one in the city centre has self service. It's a life saver (figuratively and literally).

But as great as Lidl's bakery is, I think that Aldi has the edge overall.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
The one in the city centre has self service. It's a life saver (figuratively and literally).

But as great as Lidl's bakery is, I think that Aldi has the edge overall.
I'd disagree with Aldi being better, Lidl has the bakery, the own brand ice cream, better selection of meats, the XL offers and always has the glasses wipes in stock whereas aldi has them when they feel like it which is once every 2 months

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I'd disagree with Aldi being better, Lidl has the bakery, the own brand ice cream, better selection of meats, the XL offers and always has the glasses wipes in stock whereas aldi has them when they feel like it which is once every 2 months
Lidl also seems to have more variety when it comes to their world food specials. Until Aldi brings in giant bags of peanut flips during taste of USA there's no contest. Those things are addictive.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

On David "the Moon is a spacecraft run by inter-dimensional Lizard-people" Icke:

On Flat Earth:

On himself:

On "Chemtrails"

On why Trump won:

(in case anyone isn't aware, New World Order originated in far-right white supremacist circles, and usually heavily features Jews)

On the Sun:

On Brexit:

On Putin:

Easily top 5 worst critical thinking skills in RedCafe history, right up there with Striker10 and that guy who kept reading climate graphs backwards. Decent football forum poster, though.

Edit: I'm sorry, I've made a huge mistake. A quick look at his recent posts makes it clear he's also a terrible football forum poster.
:lol:

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him

On Flat Earth:

On himself:

On "Chemtrails"

On why Trump won:

On the Sun:

On Brexit:

On Putin:

Wow, well done you. You really put some effort into that. Congratulations on wasting your own time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

On Flat Earth:

On himself:

On "Chemtrails"

On why Trump won:

On the Sun:

On Brexit:

On Putin:

:lol: at that last part

Anyway I rest my case about anti-maskers being anti-everything, pro conspiracy types

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

On Flat Earth:

On himself:

On "Chemtrails"

On why Trump won:

On the Sun:

On Brexit:

On Putin:

This a fantastic.

Having one those weirdos in our midst is hilarious. I'll never forget his flat earth thread. :lol:

NinjaFletch

On Flat Earth:

On himself:

On "Chemtrails"

On why Trump won:

On the Sun:

On Brexit:

On Putin:

:lol:

I love that guy. Finding his twitter account, which went under a pseudonym, after he spent two pages moaning about pseudonyms is my only good contribution to redcafe:

In your hubris, you seem to be struggling with what I was getting at. I wasn't really asking, I knew the answer, not least because in amongst your attempts to spout bollocks on any available platform is your home address (I can only repeat niMic's warning that using your real details is not smart).

What I was really getting at, that I'd have thought someone as clever as you claim to be would have picked up on, is that you have spent the past page decrying people posting under pseudonyms and yet are using one yourself on Twitter. Not for the first time, you're displaying some pretty outrageous hypocrisy.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Does anyone feel sorry for the people that went to Spain?

I dont.

My holidays were cancelled

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I dont.

I really don’t. They knew the risk and were too ignorant or arrogant to hold back from holidays until it was safe.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Going on a holiday abroad at this point was a pretty terrible idea.
Spain was pretty risky but people who have gone to places like Poland, Czech Republic, Iceland etc are safer from the virus than they are at home.

Anustart89

Spain was pretty risky but people who have gone to places like Poland, Czech Republic, Iceland etc are safer from the virus than they are at home.
I'd take your point if going there meant teleporting yourself to another country. The problem is that you have to spend a few hours at an airport and sitting inside an airplane for a few hours. You can socially distance however much you want but you don't know who's touched the armrest, bathroom door, the buttons at the vending machine and so on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'd take your point if going there meant teleporting yourself to another country. The problem is that you have to spend a few hours at an airport and sitting inside an airplane for a few hours. You can socially distance however much you want but you don't know who's touched the armrest, bathroom door, the buttons at the vending machine and so on.
I also think it’s selfish for someone from a country with a high prevalence to fly to somewhere with low prevalence, via a crowded airport, when we know that asymptomatic spread can happen. Obviously, we can’t stay at home indefinitely but I don’t think a single summer without an overseas holiday is too big a sacrifice to ask.

Anustart89

I also think it’s selfish for someone from a country with a high prevalence to fly to somewhere with low prevalence, via a crowded airport, when we know that asymptomatic spread can happen. Obviously, we can’t stay at home indefinitely but I don’t think a single summer without an overseas holiday is too big a sacrifice to ask.
Agreed. We cancelled our trip to a no-case area, despite me having antibodies (my wife was PCR positive but not tested for antibodies) for those reasons. But it's a symptom of people today who adhere to the religion of individualism where one's self-fulfillment trumps the greater good even if the sacrifice is to wear a mask, not go on a holiday for one summer or washing your hands a little bit more than you usually do.

Revan

Assumptionman

On Flat Earth:

On himself:

On "Chemtrails"

On why Trump won:

On the Sun:

On Brexit:

On Putin:

Jesus Christ, this is so bad. Loved the part on Flat Earth though, gives the same justification a five years old kid might give about Earth being flat.

redshaw

UK 14 deaths and 747 cases. about 30-40 less than less weeks total.

I dont.

Not in the slightest.

I don't get the headlines for apologies and "we only learned 3 minutes before landing" and "devastated". Labour calling it shambolic seems silly as well.

At whatever time it's announced, there will be some fecker landing somewhere and it's been announced off the back of a surge in cases in Spain. Big problems for me is if they don't contract it on holiday then it will be at the airports and on the plane.

These people should be tested and the results got back quickly, the number must be manageable to test now if places in East Asia of 50 million pop can do it. Our biggest problems in Feb/Mar/Apr was so many coming back from Italy, Spain and France and the various ski resorts where they were all carrying it, they just ignored the guidelines of quarantine and so will these people. A mini wave starts from these people.

Last edited:

hobbers

People seriously thinking there'd be no risk of quarantine going on a week or two holiday to Spain are idiots anyway.

stu_1992

I was out in a pub for a few tonight in Cork, this pub An Brog is one of my favourite pubs, but in this time of pandemic the social distancing measures were a joke, everyone is sat close to another group, whereas in the other pubs I’ve gone to in the last few weeks have been strict distancing and table service only here was not.
its only a matter of time till it upsurges everywhere with places operating like this.
Jesus I love the Brog, but I'd be steering clear of it if I was home at the moment. Messy at the best of times, so I wouldn't fancy my chances. I'd be curious to know how the likes of BDSM are doing. Probably my favourite bar, but it's so tight in and around the bar and smoking area I don't see anyway it would be workable.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Jesus I love the Brog, but I'd be steering clear of it if I was home at the moment. Messy at the best of times, so I wouldn't fancy my chances. I'd be curious to know how the likes of BDSM are doing. Probably my favourite bar, but it's so tight in and around the bar and smoking area I don't see anyway it would be workable.
The best bar for social distancing has been the old oak :lol: :lol: :lol: they have taken a real hit in the amount they let in, haven't been in to BDSM since it reopened, I guess a lot less people maybe running it all out of 1 of the bars to make use of the counters as tables