SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Please stop posting anything negative about our wonderful government, this is not a time for politics, lap it up like good doggies. The science says so.

Stactix

What exactly is too late?

It's terrible and everyone should take precautions but Italy, ourselves and the world will get through this and the world will move on & hopefully learn lessons.

The world isn't ending any time soon. The vast majority of people will see the other side of the outbreak. So instead of being all about doom, let's be smart, take steps for your own safety & others and we'll get through this.
To avoid what's happened in Italy, obviously we'll get through this and come out the other side in a year two years but the government haven't done enough with the time they've had.

In a few weeks it'll be a hella lot clearer how complacent the government have been.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I was more referring to in Europe sorry. It doesn’t seem to have happened in France, Italy, Spain and other countries where lockdowns have been more severe.
I suspect it is also a problem of the communication strategy there (or lack thereoff). We saw nothing of that sort here, people got ready throughout the past two weeks, not all at the same time.

When government imposed lockdown measures, the vast vast majority of people here were already doing it out of their own volition.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Spent yesterday creating an emergency ward next to ICU and also adapting two theatres for Covid patients. It’s really tricky as there has to be one way traffic for patients whilst still running emergency theatres. It’s the calm before the storm I feel. Our hospital is doing what it can but that Sky News video above is quite sobering. I’ve even shaved my beard because there is a shortage of hoods! Damn!

Dve

WHO: "Lockdowns don't beat the virus. There needs to be more focus on identifying the infected and mapping their social contacts."
Lockdowns won´t beat the virus, but it slows down the spread of it, so that the health system won´t (or to a less extend) get overloaded. UK changing their strategy in the middle of it (from herd immunity, to social distancing) can hardly be taken as proof of steady leadership.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Spent yesterday creating an emergency ward next to ICU and also adapting two theatres for Covid patients. It’s really tricky as there has to be one way traffic for patients whilst still running emergency theatres. It’s the calm before the storm I feel. Our hospital is doing what it can but that Sky News video above is quite sobering. I’ve even shaved my beard because there is a shortage of hoods! Damn!
Sorry to hear about the beard.

Keep it up, mate!

MDFC Manager

What are older Indians like in terms of health? I'm assuming you don't have high levels of obesity, diabetes or hypertension either.
Obesity is on the up, but diabetes and hypertension is already a huge problem, I think a lot of it is undiagnosed as well.

Good quality public healthcare has extremely low penetration, private healthcare is out of the financial reach of most.

The government is insistent that there is no community transmission (yet). When that starts happening, it will not take too long for things to get out of control.

marktan

Good luck!

How many patients do you think your hospital can manage before it starts to get overwhelmed?

Varun

Staff
Obesity is on the up, but diabetes and hypertension is already a huge problem, I think a lot of it is undiagnosed as well.

Good quality public healthcare has extremely low penetration, private healthcare is out of the financial reach of most.

The government is insistent that there is no community transmission (yet). When that starts happening, it will not take too long for things to get out of control.
The government is insisting that's the case while there's already a confirmed case in Pune. It's a load of bollocks.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
More and more doctors in France are asking to fast track the tests with Cloroquine, the usual long trials cannot happen in this crazy situation basically. Whatever can save people's lives must be done

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
There is zero chance all those people are NHS and Tesco staff. This is a something that’s been announced by HO at Tesco but will very likely not be implemented well or at all at store level.
We had a police officer alongside management checking id badges but some probably did sneak through.
I took 1 look at the sheer bedlem inside and fecked off home. I've never seen that store as packed as it was at 10am. Lunacy.

Fosu-Mens

I see...
Losing 2-4% (worst case, unless a mutation happens) of the population of the world is not going to do anything in the long run. If there was something with a higher fatality rate combined and not having a "soft shell" i.e. the outer layer of the virus will decompose easily with water, soap etc compared to the harder shell of the Norovirus, then there could have been some basis for a conspiracy.

Dve

Not saying I buy the whole religious angle but could this be an opportunistic time to implement their goals?

What I'm really asking is; are there any verifiable links between this:

http://news.mit.edu/2019/storing-vaccine-history-skin-1218

and this:

https://id2020.org

...or is it all conspiracy bollocks?
The latter, and just one of many competing conspiracy theories.

Looking at history, two things were easy to predict.

1. Sooner or later we would have another pandemic matching the size of the Spanish flu in 1918.
2. As soon as it happens, there will be loads of conspiracy theories on how it emerged.

Suv666

The government is insisting that's the case while there's already a confirmed case in Pune. It's a load of bollocks.
Still no mass testing, we have no idea how many are actually infected.

Tarrou

Losing 2-4% (worst case, unless a mutation happens) of the population of the world is not going to do anything in the long run. If there was something with a higher fatality rate combined and not having a "soft shell" i.e. the outer layer of the virus will decompose easily with water, soap etc compared to the harder shell of the Norovirus, then there could have been some basis for a conspiracy.
i think the conspiracy is that something in the vaccine will make women infertile

Please stop posting anything negative about our wonderful government, this is not a time for politics, lap it up like good doggies. The science says so.
It might be nice however if there was a political side thread to this, instead of the usual posters who pollute every Current Events thread infesting this one and diluting actual information with random Twitter posts and other agenda driven nonsense.

Foxbatt

So not exactly "lockdowns don't beat the virus" as you quoted it, right?
No lockdowns alone don't beat the virus. The Chinese and the Koreans also had lockdowns and also quarantined and isolated the suspects and then tested them. This is what cornered the virus. They had different classes of quarantine. Self quarantine and collective quarantine and forced isolation quarantine, depending on the situation. They also build on the spot hospitals for this for temporary use. I think in Wuhan they build two hospitals in 12 days. It is amazing. It worked and one hospital is already down to half capacity of around 750 patients.

I have been saying in the past here that what the British Government is trying the herd quarantine is not going to work as they are going to kill the plebs so people like Cummings do not care. We have seen the practical way the Chinese and the Koreans fought this and succeeded to a large extent and everyone should follow that.

Heardy

I kind of wish there was a mandatory lockdown. Whilst I’m wfh my wife is still having to go into work so it kind of makes any real “isolation” attempt by me null and void.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I feel like there's been so many threads made on this (understandably) that if a political thread is added, we can almost let this one go?

Anxiety, domino affect, strictly info only and then political side. Could make this one redundant.