SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

DavidDeSchmikes

Johnson expects top 4 priority groups to have had a first jab by mid February ‘if things go well, with fair wind in our sails’

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sounds like “when we’ve vaccinated people and given time for the inoculation period”
Yeah, looks like the plan is to review again end of February. It’s needed to give the vaccine roll out a chance - now they just need to ensure the roll-out doesn’t get fecked up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah, looks like the plan is to review again end of February. It’s needed to give the vaccine roll out a chance - now they just need to ensure the roll-out doesn’t get fecked up.
Should have been done weeks if not months ago.

Carolina Red

Staff
Good luck man!

The Carolina's are a COVID mess right now it seems.
Thank you dude. And yes they are. Our state superintendent of education announced today that she has tested positive for it... 1 day after doing an interview pushing for all schools to be open for 100% capacity, 5 days per week.

lynchie

So keep going out to work if your employer says they don't want you working from home.

ha_rooney

Should have been done weeks if not months ago.
Absolutely!! Certainly should’ve been done before Xmas & maybe things wouldn’t be as bad as they are now. Again, reactionary actions being taken.

hp88

Dumb fecker could have announced this last week which would have given schools and parents a bit of time to prep for this, inept duckers the lot of them.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No good excuse? People not being able to see their loved ones if they are sick, being stranded abroad, losing their jobs or getting thrown out of their education?

I'm sorry, but there are plenty of reasons. If you can't see how doing what more successful countries in lockdown's have done then that is silly. UK never shut its borders, fine, but they never did any requirements to enter. Almost all lockdown success countries kept travel restricted, not closed. You don't enter without a PCR test, you do one at the airport, you stay at a government hotel during quarantine etc. If people who are willing to travel with all these checks (at their expense), I can guarantee you their travel is essential
The likes of Taiwan and Australia which are among the best to date numbers wide shut their borders. I sympathise with your predicament but I firmly believe anywhere that’s an island should have closed it’s borders during a proper lockdown. Instead we’ve now seen the U.K. strain moving to other countries

ha_rooney

It’s great Boris has a bestie in Starmer.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They said something before the brief that admission for over 80's is reducing which is hopefully early signs the vaccine is working.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The amount of notice given to primary schools is disgusting.
My would be mother in law who is a 60 year old diabetic primary teacher had to plan lessons for this week, go in to work today and teach 20 kids face to face who have all had relatives visiting them this weekend and now has to come up with a remote plan going forward. She absolutely hates the Tory bastards.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
On another note I'm so glad I hated Boris before it became a hipster trend.