SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/mod...ave-to-live-with-the-coronavirus-forever.html

The only hope we have with this virus is that the newer strains aren't necessarily as contagious. Having said that, there are a few new strains that are popping up in the U.S. As a Canadian, this worries me, and I'm hoping that we close our borders to prevent the new strains from coming in.

Even then, I know someone who got a fake negative test result in order to board a plane back to Canada. Fortunately, they were tested upon arrival and immediately isolated, but it still freaks me out that people can get fake test results in order to travel to other countries.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm a bit of an idiot so can someone explain why we don't do it sooner than Monday? Surely an extra 3 days gives it more time for it to be carried into the country. Or am I overlooking something?

Carolina Red

Staff
So I've recovered from Covid. Still having lingering symptoms of headaches and being really easily winded (feeling as if I were running at altitude instead of sea level).

I find out this morning that my mom and dad have both tested positive and are having more serious symptoms than what I experienced. Then 15 minutes later, my wife tells me that between 7am and 10am in her ICU, they'd had 4 patients die, coded another, and had put 5 more on ventilators.

Just... wtf man

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So I've recovered from Covid. Still having lingering symptoms of headaches and being really easily winded (feeling as if I were running at altitude instead of sea level).

I find out this morning that my mom and dad have both tested positive and are having more serious symptoms than what I experienced. Then 15 minutes later, my wife tells me that between 7am and 10am in her ICU, they'd had 4 patients die, coded another, and had put 5 more on ventilators.

Just... wtf man
Hopefully, your parents will be alright in no time. Also while it's easier said than done, try to not worry too much about things that you can't control.

BootsyCollins

Just... wtf man
Fecking horrible, all of it.
Thoughts are with your parents.
And with your wife, must be hell going in to that and knowing its not a car crash or something, its a virus thats going to keep causing havoc for a long time.

Carolina Red

Staff
Hopefully, your parents will be alright in no time. Also while it's easier said than done, try to not worry too much about things that you can't control.
That's the biggest thing I'm trying to do. This is going to sound crazy, but it is the situation I'm living in... but the school team I coach has a wrestling tournament tomorrow that will at least get my mind on something else for a little while.
Fecking horrible, all of it.
Thoughts are with your parents.
And with your wife, must be hell going in to that and knowing its not a car crash or something, its a virus thats going to keep causing havoc for a long time.
I appreciate it. It is awful for sure. We're living through a train wreck of a pandemic response in this state. It's crazy, it's just all crazy.

I got past Covid and my wife just got her 2nd dose of the vaccine and I'm thinking "okay, breathe a little" and then wham. Both parents. But hey, at least the economy is open, right?

I hate this place.

Sorry. Rant over.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Just... wtf man
Sorry to hear that pal.

fecking sickening that people still don't take this seriously.

djembatheking

Just watched Boris and Whitty telling people to stay home and save lives and my next door neighbours family have arrived for a holiday in Anglesey again from the North West . They come and go without a care in the world.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Just... wtf man
Holy smoke! So sorry to hear about all your troubles. Thoughts are with you for whatever the heck that’s worth. And for your wife to be threatened too ... no words!

Tibs

I mean this is just disgusting:

I'd say unbelievable, but there are a lot of thick cnuts in the UK - plus, grief does all sorts to a person.

Still, it us unacceptable and hopefully hospitals are putting additional security in place for such instances.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Just watched Boris and Whitty telling people to stay home and save lives and my next door neighbours family have arrived for a holiday in Anglesey again from the North West . They come and go without a care in the world.
i’m normally the sort of person to let people get on with it. One of my neighbours is a home hairdresser. Their house backs on to ours. Normally they’ve got the back curtains to her “salon” open. But recently they’ve had some nets installed. Doesn’t stop us seeing the steady stream of customers rocking up.

Boils my piss. Just one of those people being infected could mean 15-20 people heading home with a lovely new haircut. And an infectious virus. which they then pass on to their family.

But if I report them, they lose their income and might not be able to feed their kids.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'm a bit of an idiot so can someone explain why we don't do it sooner than Monday? Surely an extra 3 days gives it more time for it to be carried into the country. Or am I overlooking something?
Is it to give people a chance to get home/go elsewhere or make arrangements so they don't get stranded maybe?
Would seem if you close travel corridors straight away people would be left in limbo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
i’m normally the sort of person to let people get on with it. One of my neighbours is a home hairdresser. Their house backs on to ours. Normally they’ve got the back curtains to her “salon” open. But recently they’ve had some nets installed. Doesn’t stop us seeing the steady stream of customers rocking up.

Boils my piss. Just one of those people being infected could mean 15-20 people heading home with a lovely new haircut. And an infectious virus. which they then pass on to their family.

But if I report them, they lose their income and might not be able to feed their kids.
Difficult one there!
They deserve punishment for breaking the rules so arrogantly.
But the problem is if you report them you'll be the one who sees them in difficulties and will stew on it.

Can you mock up an official looking letter giving them a cease and desist warning :wenger:

prateik

Does anyone know if includes people who are transiting through London?
I might be flying to the US in a few weeks..
The US will now require a negative covid test proof before I can board the flight.. so if I do travel, I will have that anyway.. the flight I was looking at transits through London..

manc exile

Supports
City
Does anyone know if includes people who are transiting through London?
I might be flying to the US in a few weeks..
The US will now require a negative covid test proof before I can board the flight.. so if I do travel, I will have that anyway.. the flight I was looking at transits through London..

do you really have to fly?

my job usually has me flying every few weeks, i havent flown since fen last year

F-Red

Jericholyte2

41,346 cases
1,295 deaths
4,532 hospitalisations

37,475 patients in hospital and 3,789 on ventilation. To put that into perspective, from Q4 2019/20 there was a TOTAL of 128,935 beds in NHS hospitals!

These numbers are just crazy!

tombombadil

Years ago, a much wiser man than me told me that if you give people enough rope, most would end up hanging themselves.
Older I get, the more I realise he was right.
Very very wise indeed. Humanity's worse enemy is humanity itself.

Just... wtf man
I'm so so sorry to hear that. Stay strong bro. Your wife is vaccinated. You're recovering. I just hope your parents are milder cases. You're almost at the promised land (no not that one. The end of the pandemic). Just a few more months.

That's the biggest thing I'm trying to do. This is going to sound crazy, but it is the situation I'm living in... but the school team I coach has a wrestling tournament tomorrow that will at least get my mind on something else for a little while.

I appreciate it. It is awful for sure. We're living through a train wreck of a pandemic response in this state. It's crazy, it's just all crazy.

I got past Covid and my wife just got her 2nd dose of the vaccine and I'm thinking "okay, breathe a little" and then wham. Both parents. But hey, at least the economy is open, right?

I hate this place.

Sorry. Rant over.
Something to cheer you up. :lol: :lol:
White House: We’re Going to Have to Let Some People Die So the Stock Market Can Live

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/donald-trump-coronavirus-deaths-vs-economy

Can't you report them or something? Or is it within the rules?

I mean this is just disgusting:

Urgh, I hope they station trigger happy policemen to protect the hospitals. Seriously, wtf.

TheReligion

Abusive
This habit from some of saying they are on the 'frontline' in the job they do is fecking annoying and dramatic. Teachers, postal workers and essential retail are all doing a great job but less of the battlefield dross.

The staff working 14+ hour days in covid riddled hospitals are the frontline so to speak.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
This habit from some of saying they are on the 'frontline' in the job they do is fecking annoying and dramatic. Teachers, postal workers and essential retail are all doing a great job but less of the battlefield dross.

The staff working 14+ hour days in covid riddled hospitals are the frontline so to speak.
Is 'at the coalface' alright then?

TheReligion

Abusive
You would think so but it's an expression used by a whole variety of tossers trying to get across how hard they work. It's a favourite of teachers believe it or not, although some of them have the decency to say chalkface instead.
I've never heard it if I'm honest but I do agree these groups need to pipe the feck down some what and take what they do into context.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Just... wtf man
My very best wishes for your parents and of course your wife. Words cannot describe how much I admire those brilliant people in our NHS for all their care and compassion.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

And if you don't report them, they could loose their lives. And so could you...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Dante

Average bang
What's the latest estimate of the CFR? Because if it's still 0.5%, that means 17.6m Brits have caught the disease (26% of the population).

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m 99.9% sure it was accidentally released from the research facility.