SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Traub

I think I finally caught it :( no taste and I love food. Devastated. I really hope it comes back

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think I finally caught it :( no taste and I love food. Devastated. I really hope it comes back
Are you ill with it?

I tested positive nearly 5 days ago.
Not sick in the slightest. No symptoms since a minor throat tickle last Friday and generally feeling a little like I did after the vaccine.
Did 50km solo cycle yesterday in the countryside near home and a 10km run today.
Antigen still positive.
Have pulled back from all interactions with people.

Traub

Are you ill with it?

Not sick in the slightest. No symptoms since a minor throat tickle last Friday and generally feeling a little like I did after the vaccine.
Did 50km solo cycle yesterday in the countryside near home and a 10km run today.
Antigen still positive.
I felt pretty bad last Thursday and Friday, and now I’ve just got a nagging cough. Also lost smell and taste today which is weird. I think you should hold back on the exercise though mate, I’ve heard there are risks involved if you’re covid positive.

McGrathsipan

I felt pretty bad last Thursday and Friday, and now I’ve just got a nagging cough. Also lost smell and taste today which is weird. I think you should hold back on the exercise though mate, I’ve heard there are risks involved if you’re covid positive.
Maybe the worst for me is yet to come.
Hopefully you get your senses back

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
After 2 miraculous years it looks like it got me. Sickest I’ve been in ages. 103 temp, hacking cough, headache bad enough that I wonder if Nunez head butted me. Ugh.

Traub

After 2 miraculous years it looks like it got me. Sickest I’ve been in ages. 103 temp, hacking cough, headache bad enough that I wonder if Nunez head butted me. Ugh.
Are you on day 1? Mine was really bad for 1 day and then started improving rapidly.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Are you on day 1? Mine was really bad for 1 day and then started improving rapidly.
Yesterday was day 1. Severe headache, temp 102-103, sore throat. Last night it moved into my chest, so I’m hacking up shit. Temp is down to 101-102, so that’s a plus.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Are you ill with it?

Antigen still positive.
I had a cold that made me feel a bit off for a couple of days a while ago. I'm now wondering if I had covid. So mild I never even thought to get tested.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I caught it last Tuesday and felt mostly fine at the weekend but really sluggish over the past few days. Concentration is down, ears feeling blocked, generally a bit woozy.

Can only imagine how shite I'd have felt without 3 vaccines...

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The NHS have confirmed that they'll be offering autumn boosters to anyone over 50 + health and care workers and the clinically vulnerable.

People in care homes, health and social care workers are the first priority, then the 75+, then everyone over 50. They also allow for "self declaration" of carer status or "living with at risk person" etc in that later category so I think the categories will be pretty broadly drawn.

All boosters will be "bivalent" - that is they'll have components that trigger antibodies to the original Wuhan variant and to Omicron. Currently that would mean all Moderna (because that's the only bivalent vaccine approved) though they don't say that.

In England - rollout in the care homes is due to kick off in early September, over 75's should get contacted by the NHS for appointments later that month. They'll be followed by the 65+ and the clinically vulnerable, then anyone else who's eligible. The intention is for everyone who is eligible and who wants it to be able to get it by the end of November. The notification letter to the NHS trusts says the schedule might be accelerated if supply is there and pressures on the NHS justify it.

McGrathsipan

I had a cold that made me feel a bit off for a couple of days a while ago. I'm now wondering if I had covid. So mild I never even thought to get tested.
Had you got it previously?

I'm still testing positive 8 days since first time.
Haven't been feeling sick at all.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Not as far as know but I didn't test when I wasn't 100% for a few days as I had no covid symptoms. I assumed I'd feel quite shit despite despite being triple (now quadruple) vaxxed as I'm 58.

McGrathsipan

Not as far as know but I didn't test when I wasn't 100% for a few days as I had no covid symptoms. I assumed I'd feel quite shit despite despite being triple (now quadruple) vaxxed as I'm 58.
Main thing is you didnt get sick anyway

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Anyone have the figures for percentage of cases who have certain symptoms? i.e. how likely is it that my current achy body and headache is due to Corona, even if I have no respiratory problems or cough.

Will do a test tomorrow if I'm not feeling better anyway, just curious at the moment. I had a heavy night out on Saturday so I'm hoping it's just after effects of that!

BeltUp

Supports
United
I tested positive for the second time on Saturday, 3 days short of the year anniversary of my first infection. Felt pretty much the same (runny nose, sore throat, slight cough and fever) but the peak of it has been shorter. I'm feeling almost better today just keeping my fingers crossed for no further long covid issues.

Foxbatt

WHO suspends it's Western Pacific Regional Director for racist abuse, unethical behavior and undermining efforts to fight against the COVID pandemic in the region.

Bebe

I had it for the first time a couple weeks ago. Felt decently ill for a couple days, felt back to normal by day 4 but continued to test positive for another 4 days after that. Quite irritating.

McGrathsipan

I had it for the first time a couple weeks ago. Felt decently ill for a couple days, felt back to normal by day 4 but continued to test positive for another 4 days after that. Quite irritating.
10 days positive I was.
Felt mildly I'll for 30 mins.

I'll never test again

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I caught it about 3 weeks ago and found it to be the strangest illness.

First day felt tired, napped in the afternoon.
Second day tired all day, napped all day (tested positive here).
Third day felt fine, even went for a short run.
Fourth day fine but a cough started to develop.
Fifth day completely wiped of energy which lasted for the next week and a half, intermittent coughing throughout.

I feel quite lucky as my mate caught it around the same time and was sick with a fever for about a week. Said he fainted at one point.

Bebe

10 days positive I was.
Felt mildly I'll for 30 mins.

I'll never test again
Straight up. I lost so much time at work, making the following weeks more painful than they needed to be.

It did give me a chance to watch the rest of better call saul in fairness, that was alright.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If you’re sick with a viral illness you don’t need a test to know you’re at risk of passing it on to other people.
Yet the consequences of spreading covid are far more serious than most viral illnesses. Fine if you isolate when any symptoms occur. I never test but I isolate when any cold like symptoms or worse are present.

If we don't change our attitude to how we behave when ill we have learned nothing and the next pandemic may well be as bad or worse.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Huge false negative rate especially when the viral load is low. So you often test negative until you are very symptomatic.
They're pretty good as a contagiousness test though right?