SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Plus the massive variety of animals eaten in China - basically if it moves, someone there will either find a recipe for it or some 'medicinal benefit'. That clearly increases the window of opportunity for these bugs.

I saw a photo of a woman eating a whole bat the other day.

WTF

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Such a load of shit.

SARS was gonna kill us all. Swine flu and Bird flu was gonna kill us all. Ebola was gonna kill us all. I'm sure it's a serious illness but it's deadliness is amplified 6000% to fill 24 news cycles. No-one will care about this in two weeks.

Sweet Square

Is that really racist? I means it’s exaggerated but some of the stuff eaten in China would push the culinary boundaries for many!

Of course there are cultural differences but live mice / bats - wtf
I'm living in a country which still worship the monarchy, yet I wouldn't label 60 odd million people as backwards(Although Britain is in fact a horrible shit hole). China has a population of over a billion people, to make a wild statements such as - ''Chinese will eat anything with legs except a chair'' is just plain old racism.

Last edited:

stu_1992

First confirmed European cases in France today. One in Paris and one in Bordeaux.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Feck me, I work with French people. And I have a cold. I better make a thread asking whether I need a doctor..

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The videos on Twitter are a bit alarming. People just collapsing in the streets and hospitals.
This is beginning to spread now and there have been cases in around 12 countries.
They’re not videos of people that have the Wu-Flu

UnrelatedPsuedo

I'm living in a country which still worship the monarchy, yet I wouldn't label 60 odd million people as backwards(Although Britain is in fact a horrible shit hole). China has a population of over a billion people, to make a wild statements such as - ''Chinese will eat anything with legs except a chair'' is just plain old racism.
It’a funny though. Undeniably funny. Very tight joke.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I searched that after your post and the first thing which came up was a video of a guy eating live baby mice using chopstix at a restaurant purportedly in Wuhan. Was fecking dreadful. The lazy, racist message of the video was that Chinese people are to blame for this fatal virus.
They’re certainly not to blame en masse. But if you eat animals that can bear deadly pathogens that you buy in an environment where cross contamination is almost guaranteed and cleanliness is a distant afterthought.... you’re not helping yourself.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To be fair Chinese say this about themselves. When I was in Beijing last year our Chinese guide said exactly those words.

starman

It’s like Russian roulette typing in “Coronavirus” on twitter and not seeing a post of a weird dish....:nervous:

wr8_utd

:'(
Here's a glimpse of new virus-related developments that occurred overnight.

China announces another 15 deaths in Hubei province

Total number of confirmed cases now 1,000+, 41 dead.

China restricts travel for 46+ million people across 16 cities as the death toll surges.

AFP reports that the virus has jumped to Europe, with three confirmed cases now in France.

Two deaths have been reported outside Wuhan.

Some residents displaying symptoms are being turned away from hospitals.

Hospitals in Wuhan make urgent pleas for help and supplies.

Beijing orders PLA medics to assist in Wuhan treating patients

UK and US governments tell citizens to avoid outbreak zones.
The toll is going to be a lot higher than what the authorities report.

starman

Its risen to 41 confirmed dead now....with 1300 current cases and supposed 3% death rate thats going to be closer to 100 soon :(

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

I wouldn't be surprised if there was 90,000 infected. Apparently that's the estimate according to another translation of the video. I mean Wuhan has population of 11 million. Also found quite an informative video in the comments which is worth watching.

Last edited:

starman

SARS death rate was up to 15% so that's not so bad
This seems much more contagious though. SARS lasted over several months and didnt spread as quickly, there was approximately 8000 cases. There already is 1000-2000 Corona cases and it potentially being in the 100,000s going by some reports..

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Possibly some good news

So what they're reporting is that one guy who had the 3% mortality rate virus went to the hospital and didn't die? Amazing.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's no laughing matter and I really feel for the medics trying to treat the sick people. They must be desperate and exhausted.
Did you see the video where the nurse is absolutely losing it? I'm pretty sure it's a legit video.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Feck me I'm wearing Chinese made trainers. Better take'em off and burn them at the back garden.
On a serious note, my colleague just came back from China this week. His wife is due back next week.

I'd say there are slight grounds for me to be a little worried.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
So what they're reporting is that one guy who had the 3% mortality rate virus went to the hospital and didn't die? Amazing.
How do you have a mortality rate if this guy's the first person to be cured but there are thousands of people who haven't been cured yet?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Bought some face masks for a tenner online. Just in case.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Sounds about right. The first case came about in early December (iirc). Takes a sheer amount of stupidity to allow it to grow to this current level. Twats.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS