SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Similar thing happened in Germany, almost the exactly same price even. They got a former playmate to be their front and the scum from Bild even endorsed them.
I've watched that. Unbelievable. You have to admit though, the playmate was very articulate.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Not sure how people can really be eating worse than before. If you don’t have access to enough fresh food now you sure as feck didn’t have access to it when you’re working 40+ hours a week.
Number of working hours doesn't have any relevance to there being a lack of stock in shops. Your post is a dum dum.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Meanwhile, in South Africa there have been incidents of desperate alcoholic criminals breaking into locked liquor stores to steal alcohol. People are losing their minds having to go 21 days without liquor. When faced with these withdrawal symptoms many would turn to chain smoking. Unfortunately our government has banned the sale of cigarettes.

No alcohol. No cigarettes. No beaches. No walking the dog. No nuthin'. As far as lockdowns go - this one's a doozy.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
there was a short lived lack of stocks last week but it’s pretty much back to the way it was now in the vast majority of the U.K.
I guess every single supermarket within a ten mile radius of me isn't part of that majority then. There's been a lack for longer than a week as well not sure where you're getting that info from other than pulling it out of your inferior bird arse.

Fecking seagulls, man. Don't have a clue.

saivet

Not sure how people can really be eating worse than before. If you don’t have access to enough fresh food now you sure as feck didn’t have access to it when you’re working 40+ hours a week.
Agreed - the shops seem to have plenty of food now (locally to me anyway) after the panic buyers depleted stocks of some items. My problem is while I'm eating better, probably eating less in general, I'm no where near as active.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Depends where you live. I can't get the food we'd normally eat, there's no home deliveries here, I can't go out to walk around. So - it's been an unhealthy month for me.

Hansa

Bold statement, but really hopes he is right.
A slight feeling of a small change of winds in Europe for the better.
I think he meant for the time being, though. A full return to normal daily life will see the numbers spiral out of control, of course, particularly in Oslo and a few other cities, and keeping the virus out of care homes is still a challenge, so some degree of social distancing is needed from here on as well.

Revan

Assumptionman
Jog on on pal. EVERYONE was unprepared but Trump is literally sitting on stockpiles of ventilators. It’s scandalous! Anyway this is the wrong thread so I’ll stop at this
To be fair it is slightly more complex than that. What Cuomo asked for is more than the entire federal stockpile. Obviously Trump can sent all those ventilators to New York. The problem then is what happens next when Louisiana, Florida, Michigan, Connecticut and co get worse and there are 0 ventilators to be sent. Rightly or wrongly, the federal government has decided to take a more balanced view and sent some ventilators to all those states in need, rather than sent all of them to the most hit state.

Alabaster Codify7

I think he meant for the time being, though. A full return to normal daily life will see the numbers spiral out of control, of course, particularly in Oslo and a few other cities, and keeping the virus out of care homes is still a challenge, so some degree of social distancing is needed from here on as well.

Yeah the first stages for any country will be phased and plenty of social distancing / limitations on numbers being implemented. Reduced opening hours maybe for certain establishments when they open, and a limit on the number of people allowed in at any given time. That will be quite tough to enforce though, probably. But hey, the police are walking the streets everywhere anyway so it might be plausible?

It's been a slightly refreshing day though for Europe, some kind of good news coming out for several countries. We're probably a few weeks behind but it will start happening for us.

NYAS

Looks like a lot of European countries want to get their 2nd wave started and possibly fit in a 3rd wave if they can this year.

I could see a lot of Brits trying to book flights to Germany and Austria if these countries do ease restrictions in the next month.

We know Heathrow has been dealing with this basically as if nothing’s happened, I could see airlines trying to fit in a few flights with the easing of restrictions, and then I’m not sure how Germany/Austria are going to enforce quarantine for someone arriving. Unless they keep their borders closed, and travel into isn’t an option.

Fun times ahead.

alsabi

439 additional deaths in the UK in the last 24 hours, compared to 621 in the previous 24 and 708 between Friday and Saturday. Usual caveats about lower weekend figures apply.

Smores

Idiots. What demographic is even doing these things?

I can't remember where i read it probably twitter but there was some telecom expert saying they always get complaints of headaches when they put up new masts. Apparently most of his job was going to town halls to inform those complaining of headaches that they hadn't even switched it on yet.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I can't remember where i read it probably twitter but there was some telecom expert saying they always get complaints of headaches when they put up new masts. Apparently most of his job was going to town halls to inform those complaining of headaches that they hadn't even switched it on yet.
Some parts of society are just plain stupid. You could tell them the sky was made of oreos and they would believe you.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Looks like a lot of European countries want to get their 2nd wave started and possibly fit in a 3rd wave if they can this year.

I could see a lot of Brits trying to book flights to Germany and Austria if these countries do ease restrictions in the next month.

We know Heathrow has been dealing with this basically as if nothing’s happened, I could see airlines trying to fit in a few flights with the easing of restrictions, and then I’m not sure how Germany/Austria are going to enforce quarantine for someone arriving. Unless they keep their borders closed, and travel into isn’t an option.

Fun times ahead.
Merkel announced today, that Germany stops declaring single countries as dangerous hotspots, but starts treating the whole world as potential dangerous travel destinations. Everyone coming into Germany, no matter from what country, will be put in quarantine for 2 weeks with commuter close to the border as the exception if they work in one of the neighbouring countries.

If (and that's a big if as of now) Germany eases the restrictions, it'll be slowly and the new border restrictions will stay in place for quite a while.

Hansa

Yeah the first stages for any country will be phased and plenty of social distancing / limitations on numbers being implemented. Reduced opening hours maybe for certain establishments when they open, and a limit on the number of people allowed in at any given time. That will be quite tough to enforce though, probably. But hey, the police are walking the streets everywhere anyway so it might be plausible?

It's been a slightly refreshing day though for Europe, some kind of good news coming out for several countries. We're probably a few weeks behind but it will start happening for us.
If or when mass-scale, quick testing becomes available, that will be a game changer. As soon as you feel slightly iffy, you should be able to get a test and a quick answer. It won't necessarily stop the asymptomatic carriers, but it might ensure a slow, gradual burn through the population. All this in combination with antibody tests, of course.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

What makes it even more ridiculous and absurd is that most of the masts that are being destroyed aren't even 5g due to the slow rollout. So most of the vandalized masts contain 3G or 4G technology. Surprise, surprise, this misinformation has been circulated on Facebook and has also led to attacks on Engineers who go out to fix them. Mental.

BootsyCollins

Oh im sure he ment it like you say. Still a bold statement when you think of what the papers will print as their headline for example.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Meanwhile, in South Africa there have been incidents of desperate alcoholic criminals breaking into locked liquor stores to steal alcohol. People are losing their minds having to go 21 days without liquor. When faced with these withdrawal symptoms many would turn to chain smoking. Unfortunately our government has banned the sale of cigarettes.

No alcohol. No cigarettes. No beaches. No walking the dog. No nuthin'. As far as lockdowns go - this one's a doozy.
People might dismiss it as serious or say they brought it upon themselves, but it’s no laughing matter for those concerned. We’ve deemed liquor stores and medical marijuana shops as ‘essential businesses’ that can stay open.

NYAS

Merkel announced today, that Germany stops declaring single countries as dangerous hotspots, but starts treating the whole world as potential dangerous travel destinations. Everyone coming into Germany, no matter from what country, will be put in quarantine for 2 weeks with commuter close to the border as the exception if they work in one of the neighbouring countries.

If (and that's a big if as of now) Germany eases the restrictions, it'll be slowly and the new border restrictions will stay in place for quite a while.
That’s great news and the only way to control an easing of the lockdowns. I didn’t know you had the capacity to put that many people in quarantine for 2 weeks but if you do then godspeed.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
People might dismiss it as serious or say they brought it upon themselves, but it’s no laughing matter for those concerned. We’ve deemed liquor stores and medical marijuana shops as ‘essential businesses’ that can stay open.
You are clearly lucky enough to live in an enlightened country. Ours just went berserker mode. It's good, I guess, but c'mon! Cigarettes and alcohol! Give us a break!

Dante

Average bang
No updated UK figures today yet? Normally out at around 2 in the afternoon.
There have been fewer deaths reported today than on any day since last Tuesday.

However, the same dip in numbers occurs every Sunday and Monday because of the preceding weekend.

Unfortunately, I'm expecting a spike tomorrow. Quite possibly a big one, since the effects of the lockdown won't be felt for another week or so. Last Tuesday, the numbers jumped up 43%.