SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

JMack1234

Good speech by the Queen.

The 'We'll meet again' line was a bit unsettling. Trying to draw comparisons between this pandemic and the war is nonsense. WW2 was an existential threat to this country, COVID 19 absolutely isn't.

Still, a very good speech by Liz.

pascell

The comments I see below tweets like this one make me think the UK is properly fecked. Completely different attitude here in Ireland, where you’re much more likely to see people go to the opposite extreme. What the feck is wrong with you people? It’s almost as though the whole Brexit thing has made a lot of you wilfully contrary. It’s actually quite depressing. The UK used to be a bastion of sanity and common sense. Not any more.
Too many ignorant and arrogant people who have the attitude that they're untouchable. They'll only realise this is the wrong attitude to take when it's too late unfortunately, that's if their attitude ever changes, like the chap in the video below, how attitude epitomizes so many in UK at the moment, sadly.

Revaulx

So the rainbows in people’s front windows doesn’t mean Gay Sex Available Here?

I did wonder how that was compatible with Social Distancing...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The 'We'll meet again' line was a bit unsettling. Trying to draw comparisons between this pandemic and the war is nonsense. WW2 was an existential threat to this country, COVID 19 absolutely isn't.
She doesn't have many alternative examples of public unity to choose from: historically, when the British people team-up, they're whacked by truncheons or made shorter by swords; so WWII's the only suitable rallying-cry.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That Surrey video sort of sums up everything I thought about Surrey.

It's very quiet here in the East Midlands with people rightfully staying indoors, although it's not like I'm going to a lot of public places to properly judge.

fecking Surrey wankers.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That's not what I said. They have a point in terms of raising morale for a certain section of society, just like the Queen's speech did.

Try reading the line you didn't bold.
Got it. Apologies for misunderstanding

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
For the love of god!

This kind of coverage worries me.

While we are getting the odd idiot outliner the vast majority of the country are sticking to the social distancing measures. I have friends all over the country due to my preference for socially active hostels when I travel and I've messaged a vast amount in recent days and not one of them have reported major breaking of the rules, in two weeks of daily walks and to the shop myself the only time I've seen something that could even be passed off as rule breaking was four people at a large skate park.

Not that many people are actually breaking the rules especially in rural areas yet if you listen to the media you'd think half the country is at it, unfortunately too many people rely on the media to form their own opinions which will only drag the narrative that "so many people are taking the piss innit" even further which will probably lead to our daily exercise right stripped.

Dve

Football will not be happening for 12 months at least (I think there are 4 countries that have started seasons), closed doors or not.
“He who asserts belief with absolute certainty knows nothing of faith and makes himself into a fool."
Cristina Marrero

Sweet Square

This kind of coverage worries me.

While we are getting the odd idiot outliner the vast majority of the country are sticking to the social distancing measures. I have friends all over the country due to my preference for socially active hostels when I travel and I've messaged a vast amount in recent days and not one of them have reported major breaking of the rules, in two weeks of daily walks and to the shop myself the only time I've seen something that could even be passed off as rule breaking was four people at a large skate park.

Not that many people are actually breaking the rules especially in rural areas yet if you listen to the media you'd think half the country is at it, unfortunately too many people rely on the media to form their own opinions which will only drag the narrative that "so many people are taking the piss innit" even further which will probably lead to our daily exercise right stripped.
Pretty much this.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
And so what in effect is happening, is that, and this is obviously a very cold way of looking at things, but what's happening is that the economy is potentially being destroyed to prolong the lives of a few by months.
You’ve reduced ‘Economy’ down to GDP.

The economy is the people. If the world needs a global reset to go again with many industries changed... it’ll happen.

You can’t boil everything down to a £ generated calc.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
ok opinions will obviously vary but this is not the place for any stupid comments about the PM's health. If you can't say anything good then say nothing at all.

Just be sensible please.

starman

If Boris's "handshaking" Coronavirus patients is true, he's probably been loaded with the viral load alot more than those that just have had mild symptoms.

UnrelatedPsuedo

If everyone maintains social distance, we'll get through this alright. Whether that be in your first home, or Summer home.

If people don't, the health service will be in trouble.
Do you not understand how stupid people are? I’m commenting on this post and all your others.

You make the rules for the stupid to follow. You can’t trust people. They will do stupid things.

Stop banging a drum nobody wants to listen to.

Of course no country needs a lockdown if all humans remain 2m+ apart, don’t touch anything, never touch their face, and wash their hands routinely.

That’s an impossible ask and it will never happen.

Start living in reality. Please.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't see anything good coming from something bad happening to BoJo.

I'd like him to go away but not in the middle of a crisis and certainly not in hearse.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If he's gone to hospital it's got to be pretty fecking serious. I wonder if it's a special hospital, some private place. You can be sure he wasn't taken down the road to st. Thomas's.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I don't see anything good coming from something bad happening to BoJo.

I'd like him to go away but not in the middle of a crisis and certainly not in hearse.
I would imagine this is precautionary. He should have been recovering by now, and he isn't - probably exacerbated by the fact he hasn't stopped working. He obviously needs more intervention than just self-isolating.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If he's gone to hospital it's got to be pretty fecking serious. I wonder if it's a special hospital, some private place. You can be sure he wasn't taken down the road to st. Thomas's.
Some of the bigger hospitals also have private floors.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
From the early reports I've read, he's only been admitted because he's still displaying symptoms after 10 days and has gone in for 'precautionary testing'.

Anustart89

No, at the end of the day you're not wrong. But having asked him if he wants a DNR and him having clearly refused, that needs to be properly-documented. Depends what his overall health is like - some people still have good and interesting lives at 95 (my neighbour, for instance).
If a 95 year old would go into cardiac arrest from hypoxemia (which would be the likely cause of death if related to Covid 19), I can assure you that even if they were able to resuscitate him, his life post-CA would not be 'good and interesting' due to the brain damage suffered. Most likely, he would be in a vegetative state if ever discharged from hospital. Short periods of hypoxia in an already vulnerable brain can cause massive damage.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Yes people in the UK go to parks more than people in France, Italy and Spain because the government has allowed this as long as social distancing is observed.
There’s also a massive gap in the data as it doesn’t plot by time. People have time shifted.

I go to the park every day. It’s about 30 steps from my house. I go at 6:45 and don’t see a soul. I use the grass and not paths. I run hills and walk some sections.

The park used to be busy before 8am, at lunchtime and after 6pm. It’s comparatively empty. People don’t go in employment linked blocks of time. It’s spread across the whole day.

People are focusing on the wrong things.