SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
He didn't get the vaccine because he wanted protection. To think so betrays your ignorance of his views.
What previous statement am I not defending? I hope you'll forgive my brevity in responding, but this is a rather trivial pursuit.
First line of his article:

Hypocritchens said:
So sorry, Your Majesty, but I have had my first Covid vaccination for wholly selfish reasons.

AgentSmith

So? He wants to be able to travel to visit family/loved ones in other countries. Nothing to do with protecting himself.
Does he think if he lived in a country where he wasn’t offered a vaccine for free he’d be able to visit his family more easily?

He’s in a privileged position to be able to see them as a result of the vaccine and he’s still whining about it.

It’s a stupid argument designed to appeal to his base while doing something that they would otherwise have an issue with.

‘Yeah I got the vaccine but I only did it for selfish reasons guys, don’t worry I’m not a sheep’

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He didn't get the vaccine because he wanted protection. To think so betrays your ignorance of his views.
He chose to do so as the protection it provides is required for travel. So he chose. He could have chosen not to. That isn't bullying, it is adhering to another countries laws presumably.

A toddler of a man throwing his toys out of his pram because another country won't bow to him.

What previous statement am I not defending? I hope you'll forgive my brevity in responding, but this is a rather trivial pursuit.
How about start by explaining then justifying almost every post that you have made in this thread. That would be a good start.

BTW do you usually try to be so pompous? Your last line brought up visions of a top hat, a monacle and a long straighten moustash.

redshaw

Just 725 patients admitted today, not been that low since early October.

What do you think about the increase in cases in Italy?
To be expected. I am in one of the major Italian tourist regions and every weekend it's been heaving as people come here from Milan and other neighbouring cities for a day out.

At least this time the government is closing things down sooner than they did in the last wave, and pretty much all HCWs/care home residents are fully vaccinated now so hospitals wont be under as much strain.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What a load of bollox
Is obviously wrong but did the public know that much about the benefits of/need for masks on March 4? I don't remember feeling that was the case.

Edit - Just went back through the thread and Elvz posted a tweet on March 4 saying we'd had a recorded 85 in total cases. How crazy does that seem now?!

Last edited:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
To be expected. I am in one of the major Italian tourist regions and every weekend it's been heaving as people come here from Milan and other neighbouring cities for a day out.

At least this time the government is closing things down sooner than they did in the last wave, and pretty much all HCWs/care home residents are fully vaccinated now so hospitals wont be under as much strain.
Keep them in the north, please. We've already had an influx of weekend motorcycling groups and cycling clubs, all standing outside our bar drinking coffee and not wearing masks while they shout to each other.

It makes me irrationally angry. :lol: