Saudi sports minister gives update on buying club from Glazers

red thru&thru

I'm sorry, but what is coming out?
No need to be sorry. That the Glazer's are blaming Ed and Ed is blaming the Glazer's. Also, you're starting to hear more of Joel's name now. You'll continue to hear it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
No need to be sorry. That the Glazer's are blaming Ed and Ed is blaming the Glazer's. Also, you're starting to hear more of Joel's name now. You'll continue to hear it.
Ok. I assume the Glazer's aren't selling?

red thru&thru

Ok. I assume the Glazer's aren't selling?
I really don't know. From what I've seen, Joel has bought a lot of the siblings shares to get a more control of the club. It was only ever Joel and Avram that were interested, hence why you see them more than the others. Hopefully this will then lead to the end of Ed in summer.

But, it still remains to be seen what happens then. Who will be calling the football shots? Fans, including me, want clarity on our future as what is happening now is by no means acceptable.

red thru&thru

We're just hoping Saudis would bring in the football structure required to build us up again.

Roboc7

I really don't know. From what I've seen, Joel has bought a lot of the siblings shares to get a more control of the club. It was only ever Joel and Avram that were interested, hence why you see them more than the others. Hopefully this will then lead to the end of Ed in summer.

But, it still remains to be seen what happens then. Who will be calling the football shots? Fans, including me, want clarity on our future as what is happening now is by no means acceptable.
Each sibling owns 15-17% Joel and Avram are the two idiots involved in running the club and have overseen this mess. Only way one of them could gain significant control would be to load more debt on the club.

When they do decide to sell (probably not for a long time) I assume they will all sell together, they are too greedy to go yet and there is no viable buyer at this time anyway.

Judas

Open to offers
It's what people are telling me by various sources of information. No way I'm in the know or anything like that. But I've been saying it for the best part of couple of months. And bow surely but slowly it's coming out in the media. People can have a look back at my posts in here to see what I've been saying.
You're saying you're not in the know, but confirming things that various sources are telling you? Bit of a contradiction.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Saudi’s would probably only hold Utd for 4 years then gift it to Trump for fecking over Iran and selling them nuclear capabilities :houllier::houllier:

red thru&thru

Each sibling owns 15-17% Joel and Avram are the two idiots involved in running the club and have overseen this mess. Only way one of them could gain significant control would be to load more debt on the club.

When they do decide to sell (probably not for a long time) I assume they will all sell together, they are too greedy to go yet and there is no viable buyer at this time anyway.
You may want to check if all those figures are correct as of today.

Roboc7

You may want to check if all those figures are correct as of today.
Joel doesn’t have the money to buy any other sibling out, that would cost about £400m and there wouldn’t be any point to him buying a small number of shares and even if he did it wouldn’t increase his control/power.

red thru&thru

You're saying you're not in the know, but confirming things that various sources are telling you? Bit of a contradiction.
I'm saying what I've been told and I stand to be corrected. Go back over my posts since about December. I even put a video of Joel doing his Bucs press conference from November. I posted it in May. Also, after the Sheffield United game, I've been questioning where Ed is and how we've not been hearing or seeing much of him. and now stories are coming out about the discontent between him and Joel.

Just relaying what I've pieced together. Stand to be corrected. As we all can be wrong and no doubt, I will be on something's.

red thru&thru

Joelsoeanr have the money to buy any other sibling out, that would cost about £400m and there wouldn’t be any point to him buying a small number of shares and even if he did it wouldn’t increase his control/power.
Shares, stocks and trades are all there to be viewed. How and where they're getting money from, no idea. Let's not forget, the Glazer's have big players of the financial markets on their board. Rothschild comes to mind. Have a look at our board and associate affiliates. Bamco seems another big player who owns a lot of share.

OohAahMartial

Before the Glazers bought us, we were a Plc., right? Is it possible for them to sell back to the stock market, rather than just one buyer?

Roboc7

Shares, stocks and trades are all there to be viewed. How and where they're getting money from, no idea. Let's not forget, the Glazer's have big players of the financial markets on their board. Rothschild comes to mind. Have a look at our board and associate affiliates. Bamco seems another big player who owns a lot of share.
They own a lot of shares but virtually no voting rights, that’s all with the Glazers. It would make zero sense to be buying up the shares unless there has been some kind of split between the Glazers that changes the
voting dynamics.

If Glazers are all still on terms then makes no sense for Joel to buy shares unless he loads the debt on the club. Him and Avram are already running everything.

red thru&thru

They own a lot of shares but virtually no voting rights, that’s all with the Glazers. It would make zero sense to be buying up the shares unless there has been some kind of split between the Glazers that changes the
voting dynamics.

If Glazers are all still on terms then makes no sense for Joel to buy shares unless he loads the debt on the club. Him and Avram are already running everything.
Are the Glazer's on terms? I don't know. Have you looked at the shares and ownership & the trading that has happened?

Eleven-Eighteen

Not only that, I have no confidence in them actually being competent owners. Sure they'd fire Woodward, which would be amusing enough, but anything led by an egomaniac tyrant is to be treated with suspicion of the highest order.
They'll be a lot better than the Glazers, because
a. they don't need the money. in fact they have far more than City's owners
b. they care a lot about what the world thinks of them. United will be like a crown jewel. wouldn't be surprised if they hire smartly.
c. they're actually pretty damn good at being successful when they want to be. any means necessary

Roboc7

Are the Glazer's on terms? I don't know. Have you looked at the shares and ownership & the trading that has happened?
Nothing has changed with the voting rights. How much do you think Joel owns now?.
There is nothing to suggest Glazers have fallen out and even if one has broken rank it’s not enough to upset the others. Would need a huge split for there to be any significance.

red thru&thru

Nothing has changed with the voting rights. How much do you think Joel owns now?.
There is nothing to suggest Glazers have fallen out and even if one has broken rank it’s not enough to upset the others. Would need a huge split for there to be any significance.
AGM in March? Let's see what that brings. Also, was rumours of Kevin selling up.

Bestietom

They'll be a lot better than the Glazers, because
a. they don't need the money. in fact they have far more than City's owners
b. they care a lot about what the world thinks of them. United will be like a crown jewel. wouldn't be surprised if they hire smartly.
c. they're actually pretty damn good at being successful when they want to be. any means necessary
Sell, Sell, Sell.

Roboc7

AGM in March? Let's see what that brings. Also, was rumours of Kevin selling up.
And those rumours have been dismissed as what was submitted changes nothing significant.

What you are saying sounds like gossip that makes no sense, Joel gains nothing unless he buys out at least one if not two or three of his siblings, so well over a billion of borrowing. That is also being conservative because it values the club as per the stock exchange price, not the higher premium Glazers would likely demand to sell. This is what you are suggesting has happened.

Secondly if he’s bought small insignificant portions of shares he would have no significant increase in voting rights and he’s already running the club with his brother so again makes no difference.

Last edited:

Heinzesight

Can see it now...The Sun backpage with The Glazers as Cowboys welcoming our new owners...’Howdy to The Saudis’

BusterGonads

Supports
Liverpool
I will not pretend that I am not enjoying Utd's demise, I am, it's almost as much fun as watching my own teams success but I draw the line at a Saudi takeover. I will not enjoy that. I consider Utd one of the three institutions of English footy, along with Pool and Arsenal and I don't believe the Saudi's should be allowed anywhere near any of our clubs and especially not these three. I haven't met a Pool fan who isn't appalled at the prospect either.

There are few people who can afford Utd, most are somewhere on the evil spectrum but the Saudi's are in a league of their own. Utd will eventually get sold, I hope it will be to someone like Jeff Bezos who might be a cold, unprincipled fecker but at least he is only a sweatshop merchant. And he is good at what he does so you will have some intelligence at board level and he could easily fund a squad and stadium rebuild. Amazon are trying to break into the footy market so it seems a match made in heaven, I don't know why he is never in the frame when discussing new owners

As for the Saudi's, if they do come in for Utd it will more likely be an individual than the state. The govt is struggling to balance it's budget and will continue to do so for the forseable future. Oil revenues no longer cover state spending, the war in Yemen and MBS's 2030 Vision hence the decision to sell a small piece of ARAMCO. They will not be spending that money on buying Utd and I doubt MBS will come in personally after his Hilton shakedown of the Saudi great and good. It wouldn't be a good look. The tycoon, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal might have been an option but he got turned upside down too so it remains to be seen if any of them have the dosh (minimum £5B) to throw at Utd. Thankfully, I don't think any kind of Saudi takeover is plausible as things stand which is why there is to date nothing concrete to go on

RedIan

Just had a quick look at share holdings and price. The glazers own 97.07% of all shares, fairly evenly split between 6 glazers, ranging from 15% upto just over 17%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/383951/manchester-united-major-shareholders/

to buy the club is currently £2.55 billion - the share price has actually gone up of late despite the shite football results from £2.05bil to £2.55bil - share prices do rise on rumours of takeovers amongst other reasons (mainly profits)

RUCK4444

Like it or not, right now, this is the ONLY way out of this mess and the current owners. Unless you can guarantee us the next Klopp.

As we’ve all said, no businessman pays £4 billion for this club without wanting a substantial return, that puts us in a position of having even worse owners because the Glazers didn’t pay feck all for us.

It absolutely HAS to be the Saudi’s or some regime, royal family, petrol money outfit.

It’s the only way out, we’ve become an unhinged Goliath of a club that nobody can tame unless it’s reigned in by owners that seek no financial return.

Owners that will strip the hierarchy and replace them with people equipped to manage a club of this size.

Owners that will free up our entire cash reserves, it’s not all about money but right now we need to spend considerably more than the Glazers are currently (no debating that, £75 mill net spend in summer, not enough! Kindly feck off if you think different.)

Right now this is the one thing I would happily let go of Ole for, I would snap their hands off if they wanted to come in and totally strip the club staff.

The Glazers have made us a feckin laughing stock, the biggest and one of the richest clubs in world football and just look at us. That’s not Ole’s doing, it’s systematic awful management year in, year out.

I long for the day the leaches are gone and and we are free from them and Ed.

I’m not a Saudi supporter, I’m a Manchester United supporter.

If any club deserves owners that unleash the clubs wealth and potential it’s United, we’ve done it the feckin hard way, you can argue harder than anybody when you look at our history, we never won the lottery, every ounce of success has been hard-feckin-earned.

Not a single person could argue we don’t deserve that type of owner, not to spend their money, just to spend our own and not have it lining Yankee pockets of the elder vampires.

red thru&thru

And those rumours have been dismissed as what’s as submitted changes nothing significant.

What you are saying sounds like gossip that makes no sense, Joel gains nothing u less he buys out at least one if not two or three of his siblings, so we’ll over a billion of borrowing.

Secondly if he’s bought small insignificant portions of shares he would have no significant increase in voting rights and he’s already running the club with his brother so again makes no difference.
Let's wait and see in and around March. Like I say, I'm here to be corrected and not saying I'm in the know. But a bit interesting to be hearing more and more of Joel's name now and Ed being stripped of power.

Roboc7

Let's wait and see in and around March. Like I say, I'm here to be corrected and not saying I'm in the know. But a bit interesting to be hearing more and more of Joel's name now and Ed being stripped of power.

We’re not hearing more of his name though, it just gets dropped in every so often for PR. When Jose was looking to offload Martial Joel apparently blocked it. This is nothing new at all.

Like I say what you have been told or seen is gossip that does not add up, Joel won’t have spent hundreds of millions buying up lots of shares, especially as any Glazer shares would cost a lot more than what they trade for on the stock exchange.

diarm

I don't like the Glazer's and I hate that they're milking money from the club while offering feck all. But my biggest gripe with them is, and has always been the way they've backed Ed Woodward to treat the club like a game of Football Manager.

Obviously they could make more funds available considering our revenues, but we haven't exactly underspent since they came in and I've never wanted United to be a club who just spends our way to the top anyway.

If it's true that they're beginning to fall out with Woodward then I'll be delighted. The idea of the Glazer's continuing their ownership with a proper footballing structure in place under them is infinitely more attractive to me than a Saudi takeover. I'll take leeches over rats every day of the week.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Dan Roan liked the tweet. Some will be over the moon and some are going to lose their shit. I know one thing though, if Newcastle get bought by the Saudis -- we're fecked. We'll not compete with Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle. We just about managed it with Chelsea and with City under Sir Alex, but us in our current state...? Forget it. So I don't know what to think.

Lemansky

Dan Roan liked the tweet. Some will be over the moon and some are going to lose their shit. I know one thing though, if Newcastle get bought by the Saudis -- we're fecked. We'll not compete with Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle. We just about managed it with Chelsea and with City under Sir Alex, but us in our current state...? Forget it. So I don't know what to think.
This is all over Twitter atm

OleGunnar20

Would make much more sense than buying us.

red thru&thru

We’re not hearing more of his name though, it just gets dropped in every so often for PR. When Jose was looking to offload Martial Joel apparently blocked it. This is nothing new at all.

Like I say what you have been told or seen is gossip that does not add up, Joel won’t have spent hundreds of millions buying up lots of shares, especially as any Glazer shares would cost a lot more than what they trade for on the stock exchange.
The reports I read were mainly saying Ed blocked the move. But the recent reports of discontent between Ed and Glazer's is definitely a first.

stepic

Possibly a tactic to force the Glazer’s hand. Doubt many others in the world will have the money to give them north of £3b. Glazers should be taking the money and running.

the chameleon

The reports I read were mainly saying Ed blocked the move. But the recent reports of discontent between Ed and Glazer's is definitely a first.
I thougt it was Joel Glazer that blocked it because he thought Martial was the new Pay-lay.

Roboc7

We regularly hear Joel has intervened, it’s nothing new and no one knows if any of it is true. Woodward must be staring down the barrel of being moved on or moved aside at least because of his performance. Even people as incompetent as the Glazers have to act eventually because it will hit their pockets.

So you actually believe Joel has spent hundreds of millions buying up shares?.