Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I love the way you talk about "selective morality" like you don't exhibit it yourself. Anyone who wants a display of Sammsky's selective morality can read Plech's post calling him out on it here in the current events forum.

Sultan had to edit your post because you called for Israel to be wiped out, yet you talk about selective morality.

How would you feel about the state of Saudia Arabia purchasing United?

How would you feel about the state of Israel purchasing United?

You posted about how you have "huge issues" with the people of Israel so I imagine you'd be against the state of Israel buying the club too.

I'm sure you can come up with your own reasons why one is different from the other just like how you came up with a nonsensical, biased, selectively moral reply to Plech's post.
How on earth did you find that post out of the blue?

I have enough trouble finding the football forum on a good day.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
53 pages on no evidence whatsoever!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We just need to be able to spend what we earned....

We are a big club that can spend our own money...

We need Saudi for that.
The only way we can spend our money in its totality (profits) is under a fan ownership or state ownership.

Scotty McT

How on earth did you find that post out of the blue?

I have enough trouble finding the football forum on a good day.
I've had it bookmarked for ten years waiting to pounce.

Either that or I googled 'site:redcafe.net "sammsky1" Israel' to see what his opinions are on other states that bomb innocent civilians. For all I knew he could have made similar arguments defending all of them.

Selective morality and all that though.

stepic

Saudi Arabia are bad

Israel are also bad

We don’t get to choose who our owners are though. There’s really no right or wrong answer here. If you just focus on the football, then no one can can tell you not to support a football club. If you can’t help but mix the politics in with it, then fair enough. They’re both terrible regimes. Arguably though you should quit watching already though as the Glazers already support Israel and have provided financial support to them.

UDontMessWith24

I've had it bookmarked for ten years waiting to pounce.

Either that or I googled 'site:redcafe.net "sammsky1" Israel' to see what his opinions are on other states that bomb innocent civilians. For all I knew he could have made similar arguments defending all of them.

Selective morality and all that though.
I’m an Israeli transplant in the U.S. Me and all my family served in the IDF as you’d expect, some as combat pilots and elite counter terror units, my grandpa survived the Holocaust and fought in the independence war. Settle down before you give yourself a stroke it’s not that serious.

UDontMessWith24

I know, just an excuse for an argument, everyone has to have had there say on it by now. Arguing about something that there is no real evidence of, never change red cafe.
Let’s say for arguments sake the takeover happens in the spring, everyone will slide off their moral high ground all the way down to the transfer forum with the rest of us.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You're underestimating the potential of a different style of ownership model.
No teams in the world has a net profit (to spend on transfer) of 200M / year all year round.

We are one of the top 3 if not the most profitable club in the world and we don't have 200M net profit. Even if you factor in Dividents and loan repayment.

Fans seems so up on their hate with the glazers that they think we're shitting bricks of gold.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We just need to be able to spend what we earned....

We are a big club that can spend our own money...

We need Saudi for that.
I'm not sure why you've veered away from my response to this post. But I'll try again..

What you're saying cannot be done under our current ownership model. The only way I see us doing that is either under fan ownership or state ownership. Currently the business side takes precedence over the footballing side. And we as a club are not seeing the full potential bare fruit on the pitch and it's been like that for several years. Theirin lies the issue IMO. Nowhere have I overestimated our profit either, so that was a strange post to level at me.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm not sure why you've veered away from my response to this post. But I'll try again..

What you're saying cannot be done under our current ownership model. The only way I see us doing that is either under fan ownership or state ownership. Currently the business side takes precedence over the footballing side. And we as a club are not seeing the full potential bare fruit on the pitch and it's been like that for several years. Theirin lies the issue IMO. Nowhere have I overestimated our profit either, so that was a strange post to level at me.
I think we're miscommunicating here

1. What do you think can or cannot be done under the current ownership model?

Son

This deal is never happening anyways. Let’s face it we should be able to compete even with the Glazers in charge. A steady spend of £100 million or a bit more per summer wisely spent is enough.

It’s all about recruitment and we are already a giant club. Despite the excitement factor I’ve come to the conclusion there is just no need for the Saudi deal for us. Our club is a special one and after what happened to the WWE wrestlers over there apparently being held hostage for a few hours this week I don’t think they are the most reliable owners either.

Stories of their government holding out on around £100 million in late payments to put on wrestling shows isn’t exactly encouraging they would run us correctly.

TrustInOle

I think it's clear he has pointed out that the Glazers haven no intention of having football matters take importance over business and improving their own financial gain. Which here lies the rubble which is now Manchester United, chronically underinvested in major areas of the club, including structure, stadium, academy, scouting...ect, the list could go on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

We can't compete with the elite level clubs under such owners. SAF masked the issues for a long time, but now they're getting exposed. The last 6 or so years has well and truly exposed their utter incompetence as owners that even Leicester City look comfortably better than us.

TrustInOle

We can't compete with the elite level clubs under such owners. SAF masked the issues for a long time, but now they're getting exposed. The last 6 or so years has well and truly exposed their utter incompetence as owners that even Leicester City look comfortably better than us.
Literally, all you have to do is look at the under investment In what used to be the most glorious of football grounds! Its appaling and shows their level of dedication.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is 53 pages of garbage, a thread based on some Saudi's linkedin. Closing this unless a better source comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.