Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

soralapio

Apparently nothing filed on the SEC, so this is looking like 100% bullshit. It would literally be illegal to do this without notifying shareholders and stock markets, and halting trading.

Judas

Open to offers
To be rid of the Glazers would be amazing. They have been parasites and turned us into losers in the process. I don't see anyone bringing up their owners when City play amazing football dominating the league. We would be competitive again and they would put us back where we belong as the biggest club in England. Sounds pretty good to me.
It's not mentioned on commentary but it is always always there. No one forgets they're lottery winners and it'll always be a factor which is why they're not taken seriously on here, and pretty much 99% of Utd fans are cheering them on to win the league. It's hollow and empty.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Everyone saying it's bullshit because its not been announced on the stock exchange. Well no shit? Every fecker would be reporting it if it's happened officially.

I'm assuming this fella is suggesting it's been agreed to an extent rather than being official.

I think it's inevitable but probably still some ways to go. I'm basing it on the fact we know Richard Arnold and one of the Glazer ferrets met the Saudis last year and there being plenty more reports. To the point where the Saudi's publicly denied the reports.

Alabaster Codify7

Judging by this thread I expect this forum to halve in terms of members should this go through.

Or are you all bark and no bite you hardcore lifelong lot?

Personally I don't want them and my interest in footy has been gradually waning because there actually is far more to life. I'll leave the forum if the Saudis come. I suspect 90% of you will be afraid to lose your topred accolades and do what you always do....perform mental gymnastics to try and justify it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Judging by this thread I expect this forum to halve in terms of members should this go through.

Or are you all bark and no bite you hardcore lifelong lot?

Personally I don't want them and my interest in footy has been gradually waning because there actually is far more to life. I'll leave the forum if the Saudis come. I suspect 90% of you will be afraid to lose your topred accolades and do what you always do....perform mental gymnastics to try and justify it.
You’ve managed to find a position where you are looking down on absolutely every single point of view on this topic. Well done.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
literally everyone brings up City’s owners. Everyone. Consistently. It makes them a joke of a club, hence everyone wanting the Scousers to lose to them despite them being literally about twenty minutes from OT.

Saudi Arabia is an oil funded state that is barbaric. Literally barbaric. They don’t allow women or people of certain ethnicities to perform at sporting events.

Manchester United means more than winning leagues. It means so so much fecking more than that. I feel proud of Manchester United and their history. I wouldn’t be proud of a multi billion dollar hierarchy using the club to sports wash their standing in the world.

It would absolutely break my heart if this was to happen. My old mans as well. Plus a few more of my mates. We just want to see a team we like, who cares about us giving it a good go.
Maybe it's because I try to stay away from media, but they've gained tons of plastics haven't they? so the media exposure can't be that bad I imagine.

I dont see the club as a religion. All I've known is Sir Alex's never say die, win at all costs attitude, there wasn't a ceiling on our ambitions back then. So I just want to see the club with unlimited ambition again. I'm proud of our history putting faith in young players and never want to see us lose that.

We're never going to be fan owned are we? So anyone seems a better alternative than continuing being serial losers under the Glazers.

To me, I dont see the difference between them & the Glazers. The clubs already been tarnished through the Glazers. The Glazers used us as a business plaything, which could have destroyed us without SAF's genius, and have utterly crippled us in the process, to where we're a laughing stock now. Anything to be rid of them and restore some standards back into the club would be welcome to me.

Last edited:

Marcelinho87

I actually think this will happen, this guy may have somewhat jumped the gun or may well be speculating like the rest of us but I do think this is going to happen at some point, there has been a lot of smoke over the past year.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I’m no fan of the Saudis but (half) hoping there’s some truth to this simply for the pissboiling it will cause everywhere. City and Chelsea have had owners with extremely sketchy backgrounds with years yet nobody in the media seems to care much but just you watch the incandescent rage which will appear if we are under Saudi ownership... :lol:
Not just them, but the media, and all the other fans will act like we never had the money and we're just another sugar daddy club. All that this ownership would do (presumably) is allow us to actually use it well, with a safety net if we waste money.
As long as you realize you can never call Chelsea or City plastic or get upset if someone else calls United plastic again, without being a complete hypocrite.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tough to decide just where this would land in terms of the lowest moments in the club's history but it would be right up there.

stubie

Tough to decide just where this would land in terms of the lowest moments in the club's history but it would be right up there.
I can promise you it will not be as bad as when the Glazers took over.

I doubt you will see that many protests against it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We would be rich if the Saudis take us over, a friend of mine told me. But, are we not already rich enough?
We’re very rich, I think the issue is the owners use of our money rather than the sum of it. We could be spending a lot more and our paper thin squad could have been quite easily amended had we actually replaced outgoing players. It’s certainly not an issue we need the Saudis to fix.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We’re very rich, I think the issue is the owners use of our money rather than the sum of it. We could be spending a lot more and our paper thin squad could have been quite easily amended had we actually replaced outgoing players. It’s certainly not an issue we need the Saudis to fix.
Frustrating but true

Infra-red

We would be rich if the Saudis take us over, a friend of mine told me. But, are we not already rich enough?
Yep. We don't need them. Bayern, Barca, Real, Juve and Liverpool are doing okay without being owned by nation States from the UAE and we already have the resources to compete with any one of them (without selling our souls in the process).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone saying it's bullshit because its not been announced on the stock exchange. Well no shit? Every fecker would be reporting it if it's happened officially.

I'm assuming this fella is suggesting it's been agreed to an extent rather than being official.

I think it's inevitable but probably still some ways to go. I'm basing it on the fact we know Richard Arnold and one of the Glazer ferrets met the Saudis last year and there being plenty more reports. To the point where the Saudi's publicly denied the reports.
This.

Not totally sure how people aren't gleaning that part.

I'm not totally sure of the real ins and outs of the regime in question.
But one thing is for sure, the Glazers have milked United for long enough, and disguised this to fans by letting United occasionally spend more than 50m net in a window at a time fees have sky rocketed

RUCK4444

As long as you realize you can never call Chelsea or City plastic or get upset if someone else calls United plastic again, without being a complete hypocrite.
Why can’t people understand this is totally different to City and Chelsea.

We are Manchester feckin’ United. A behemoth of a club who don’t need money to get back to the top, we just need to be rid of owners who take take take.

In order to compete with the likes of Madrid, Barca, City, PSG what we need is an owner that does not seek a financial return and simply wants the club to be the best.
That’s the one thing those clubs have in common and no surprise they are the best clubs in Europe.

Unfortunately we are victims of our own success and value as only the Saudi’s will be able to afford Manchester United and not seek a huge financial return. Other owners would require another leveraged buyout and suck funds from the club.

I’m so bored of the moral and ethical lessons preached in here by fans who will do nothing if this goes through.

Embrace their ownership and try to influence their human rights going forward whilst United thrive.
Or sit back and watch this feckin glorious club turn into Liverpool pre Klopp.

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What else would you rank close to Saudi's taking us over?

I'm assuming that you would think the Saudis are a terrible thing, so what else would compare in our history? Munich?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Yep. We don't need them. Bayern, Barca, Real, Juve and Liverpool are doing okay without being owned by nation States from the UAE and we already have the resources to compete with any one of them (without selling our souls in the process).
I am not 100% sure that Real does not have ,(or had) some government backing at some some stage.

Red Royal

This will be amazing if it happens. Could brong back the glory years and open Saudi to a new era.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What else would you rank close to Saudi's taking us over?

I'm assuming that you would think the Saudis are a terrible thing, so what else would compare in our history? Munich?
Oh no, Munich was obviously worse. After that though I'm struggling to think of anything that compares.

Red00012

Want it but I call BS, maybe he’s looking for a few followers or maybe a new job.

ravi2

Why can’t people understand this is totally different to City and Chelsea.

We are Manchester feckin’ United. A behemoth of a club who don’t need money to get back to the top, we just need to be rid of owners who take take take.

In order to compete with the likes of Madrid, Barca, City, PSG what we need is an owner that does not seek a financial return and simply wants the club to be the best.
That’s the one thing those clubs have in common and no surprise they are the best clubs in Europe.

Unfortunately we are victims of our own success and value as only the Saudi’s will be able to afford Manchester United and not seek a huge financial return. Other owners would require another leveraged buyout and suck funds from the club.

I’m so bored of the moral and ethical lessons preached in here by fans who will do nothing if this goes through.

Embrace their ownership and try to influence their human rights going forward whilst United thrive.
Or sit back and watch this feckin glorious club turn into Liverpool pre Klopp
Exactly.

bludsucker

There are things more important than winning football matches. Human life for example. Don’t get why so many of our fans are giddy over such a rumor. This would be a disaster for our club. We don’t need the terror funding, jounalists butchering a$$ho£es owning us. I would rather see us relegated than winning the quadruple under the ownership of the sauds.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wonder if we could get a poll to see how many here would be in favour?

Status
Not open for further replies.