Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
We are one of the biggest clubs in the world, so yes we do. You think Real or Barca would stand for the shambles we’ve been watching?

Whose who can see this realise we deserve better.
And that is arrogance. Wanting United to do well is very different than believing United's past history is justification for a despotic owner. You think Real and Barca would give up their ownership structure to simply for more transfer funds?

Siorac

I think the terms as you're using them have little constructive value. They're typically used to differentiate those who firmly don't believe in God be those who are unsure of the existence of God. What you're suggesting is that they're basically interchangeable which is totally unproductive as a means of defining a religious stance.
No, I'm saying atheist is a broader term, agnostic is more specific but they are not mutually exclusive.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
But we did get to the top and it was unnecessarily pissed away by the Glazer siblings and their puppet's incompetence. We have the tools to be at the top, not won every season, but compete at the top but we are being held back.
Not by transfer funds or wages, but by poor management and player recruitment. Unless the goal is to spend even more money I don't understand the allure of Saudi ownership.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I welcome this takeover. United lend themselves off to US and Chinese markets and we two countries have committed terrible human rights violations for decades. Yall think that Glazer money is clean? Yall think that bank money is clean? Come on. This is billionaire capitalism in fecking FIFA football. What rock are you guys living under?

AneRu

Not by transfer funds or wages, but by poor management and player recruitment. Unless the goal is to spend even more money I don't understand the allure of Saudi ownership.
I am not decided on whether I want the takeover to happen or not but I know that I want the uninterested Glazers and their incompetent puppet out. At the moment I am just resigned to the fact that this will happen sooner or later.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They also often invest heavily in the local community and increase employment - something that no-one has yet mentioned.

They also often improve stadiums...
Yes, it’s called reputation laundering and it costs a lot of money.

They also slaughter anyone who criticises the regime.

They don’t want you mentioning the second bit though. That’s why they do the first bit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Do we want to swim in oil or continue to swim in debt and shit?

500m in the red boys. There isn't a good way out of this for us. Bring in the Saudis.

Hughie77

I can't see it myself, the Glazers won't sell there cash cow, but stranger things have happened everyone has there price.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
And that is arrogance. Wanting United to do well is very different than believing United's past history is justification for a despotic owner. You think Real and Barca would give up their ownership structure to simply for more transfer funds?
No it isn’t. I just don’t understand people with your mentality. It’s not arrogance to demand the best it’s what winners do. It isn’t given to you you earn it with hard work and high demands. We don’t need their money we need an owner who will actually let us use the wealth we’ve built up and be the best club we can be. They are probably the only ones who would put £4bn of their own money in so be it.

Giggsyking

This guy is relentless if nothing else! :lol:
In the man utd arabic forum we have someone that knows this guy, he sent him a message asking about the news if true or he is just taking the p**s on utd fans. We will see if he answers him.

UDontMessWith24

Can't wait for the "our ownership group violated less human rights than your ownership group" arguments with City supporters.

AneRu

I can't see it myself, the Glazers won't sell there cash cow, but stranger things have happened everyone has there price.
I struggle with this line of thought, why would they turn down big money for small streams of cash when they could get a fee that will see them sharing around £500m each which they could invest and reinvest to get cash elsewhere?

The cash cow itself needs huge investment to get back to a level that justifies what sponsors are being made to pay. It's no guarantee that even then we will get back to such levels and there certainly will be a fan backlash should the club stay stuck in mid table wilderness which will bring bad press that might spook current and prospective sponsors.

Faced with such prospects I am sure they will take the money. There is no way United or football in it's current state with transfer and wage inflation will be profitable enough to justify turning down $4bn.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Dante

Average bang
I care more about Manchester United as an historic, community based institution than I do about them winning so I can bask in their reflected glory.

Obviously, it would be perfect if we could remain the Manchester United of old whilst still winning. But the former is way, way, way more important to me.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The transfer muppets that are the ones that are mostly for it. The underlying subtext to those saying ‘I want us competing at the pinnacle of European football again’ is that they want to see unprecedented, supercharged level of spending (moreso than the 800-900 million Woodward has already spent during his tenure). Show me a football fan that doesn’t want their team competing at the very top! It’s just they’re willing to drop any sense of moral responsibility if it means getting there is all but guaranteed.
Pretty much this.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I care more about Manchester United as an historic, community based institution than I do about them winning so I can bask in their reflected glory.

Obviously, it would be perfect if we could remain the Manchester United of old whilst still winning. But the former is way, way, way more important to me.
Idealistic to say the least and not how the world works unfortunately.

Hughie77

I struggle with this line of thought, why would they turn down big money for small streams of cash when they could get a fee that will see them sharing around £500m each which they could invest and reinvest to get cash elsewhere?

The cash cow itself needs huge investment to get back to a level that justifies what sponsors are being made to pay. It's no guarantee that even then we will get back to such levels and there certainly will be a fan backlash should the club stay stuck in mid table wilderness which will bring bad press that might spook current and prospective sponsors.

Faced with such prospects I am sure they will take the money. There is no way United or football in it's current state with transfer and wage inflation will be profitable enough to justify turning down $4bn.
Yep as said if you read it everyone has there price!

red thru&thru

In the man utd arabic forum we have someone that knows this guy, he sent him a message asking about the news if true or he is just taking the p**s on utd fans. We will see if he answers him.
Oh ok. But is taking the piss something they would do? Seems very bizarre if he is allowed to take the micky, especially when it's the name of the biggest sports brand at stake. They also obviously have connections with United, sponsorships etc, so one of their PR guys taking the piss would be bizarre.

But yea, when you hear anything, update us. Thank you.

Acquire Me

No doubt about this mate. I will always support the club, but I would not be happy with them as owners. Not much we can do about it if this is true though.

NK86

Real are basically sponsored by a state. If you see their history and how they raked in massive money from the Spanish govt.

TrustInOle

Agreed, my love for United has nothing, and has never had anything to do with, who owns the club. United are in my heart, always, regardless if it pains me and I would obviously prefer and relish a better prospect of ownership. Regardless, whoever owns United can not displace the joy, meaning, connection and history I hold with this club. End of rant.

red thru&thru

The Glazers being shady business men are clearly the same an actual fecking country mass beheading people.

I wonder what the families of those two young lads who were arrested as teenagers, tortured and then killed just a few months ago would think of all the positivity from people practically painting those responsible as some kind of fecking Robin Hood figures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Saudi_Arabia_mass_execution

Buuuut the Glazers are capitalist wankers so it's basically even.
No one actually knows who would be behind the purchase of United. As far as I'm aware, MBS isn't being linked with the ownership of Sheffield United, and their owners are Saudi nationals.

But if the agenda here is to vilify anyone from SA being beaten with the human rights stick, then we should also pelt the Glazer's as they fund Trump's reigeme and we all know how they have been behaving against the Mexicans, white supremacy, school killings etc.

Let's at least debate football here. Anyone who is really upset about this for non footballing reasons, really should save themselves the agony of writing in this thread.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
No it isn’t. I just don’t understand people with your mentality. It’s not arrogance to demand the best it’s what winners do. It isn’t given to you you earn it with hard work and high demands. We don’t need their money we need an owner who will actually let us use the wealth we’ve built up and be the best club we can be. They are probably the only ones who would put £4bn of their own money in so be it.
So if you can't earn it with hard work turn to despot owner? The contradictions are rife. If United don't need their money, then why do you want Saudi owners? By virtue of them being Saudi are the going to instill a magical structure that guarantees winning? I don't understand your justification.

And exactly what "wealth" did United build-up? I seeing people make this broad statement. What makes you think United aren't spending enough when united have had the largest wage bill in the world and consistently spend more on transfers than any team bar City? Where is magical transfer funds chest that the Glazers are stealing from?

Absolute arrogance on your part.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
No one actually knows who would be behind the purchase of United. As far as I'm aware, MBS isn't being linked with the ownership of Sheffield United, and their owners are Saudi nationals.

But if the agenda here is to vilify anyone from SA being beaten with the human rights stick, then we should also pelt the Glazer's as they fund Trump's reigeme and we all know how they have been behaving against the Mexicans, white supremacy, school killings etc.

Let's at least debate football here. Anyone who is really upset about this for non footballing reasons, really should save themselves the agony of writing in this thread.
Trump is an idiot but this is one of those brainless comments I've ever seen on the Caf. I hope this was tounge and cheek.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Real are basically sponsored by a state. If you see their history and how they raked in massive money from the Spanish govt.
I understand that but that's not the same as Saudi owners. Real and Barca are essentially privatized national teams as far as I'm concerned.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
So if you can't earn it with hard work turn to despot owner? The contradictions are rife. If United don't need their money, then why do you want Saudi owners? By virtue of them being Saudi are the going to instill a magical structure that guarantees winning? I don't understand your justification.

And exactly what "wealth" did United build-up? I seeing people make this broad statement. What makes you think United aren't spending enough when united have had the largest wage bill in the world and consistently spend more on transfers than any team bar City? Where is magical transfer funds chest that the Glazers are stealing from?

Absolute arrogance on your part.
The 3 or 4 billion they spent buying us will go to the Glazers.

The Glazers have taken out a billion to 1.5 billion.

All the owners we have ever always took money out. Its one of the main reasons we went 26 years without a title.

Also we havent the largest wage bill in the world.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

It's not because they're Saudis, it's because all I've seen is that it would be basically country/government owned if it went through.

If it was just some random rich bloke who happened to be from Saudi Arabia when I wouldn't be saying the same, I wouldn't be claiming he was responsible for the horrific things going on.

Fair enough if you want to leave the debate to football, but I'm not really sure what there is to talk about on that front so I'll leave you to it I guess.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

I usually like strong opinions but you should do better then this. White supremacy and school killings? Don’t sink to the level when nobody take you seriously.

Speedicut75

Glazers want nothing more than money from football. At present they take dividends ( or management fees, I can't remember what they call them ) but the true money to be made, in relations to what they accrue at present, would most definitely be best realised from the sale of the club. This would utterly dwarf what they net at the moment.

red thru&thru

It's not because they're Saudis, it's because all I've seen is that it would be basically country/government owned if it went through.

If it was just some random rich bloke who happened to be from Saudi Arabia when I wouldn't be saying the same, I wouldn't be claiming he was responsible for the horrific things going on.

Fair enough if you want to leave the debate to football, but I'm not really sure what there is to talk about on that front so I'll leave you to it I guess.
That's it, no one knows who would be behind the purchase of United?! Like I say, it could be just a rich businessman from there. Also, MBS denied he would purchase United and others have also said he wouldn't even have the time or passion to buy a football club. Whether that is the truth or not? That remains to be seen.

Football discussion would be, if a SA delegation bought us, what kind of changes would they make? What changes as supporters would we like them see make etc etc.

mu4c_20le

Idealistic to say the least and not how the world works unfortunately.
Well that depends. The world probably looks completely different when viewed through the eyes of a Saudi royal or one of its sympathizers.

red thru&thru

I usually like strong opinions but you should do better then this. White supremacy and school killings? Don’t sink to the level when nobody take you seriously.
Why? You feel white supremacy isn't a thing in the US since Trump has taken over? School killings haven't increased?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I am not decided on whether I want the takeover to happen or not but I know that I want the uninterested Glazers and their incompetent puppet out. At the moment I am just resigned to the fact that this will happen sooner or later.
By that same logic I shouldn't work because that money has probably gone through some shady stuff at some point in the economy.

The glazers might not be great owners but I'm pretty sure they aren't linked with murder and oppression.

Status
Not open for further replies.