Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVGSdive

Maybe I’m old fashioned but I’m pretty much done with football. It’s not even close to a sport anymore and the players are overpaid wimps. Personally I can’t wait for the bubble 2 burst as it inevitably will one day!
Football has always been about the richest clubs basically winning everything.

If you want to see a real sporting competition watch the NFL. Every team has exactly the same budget (salary cap), and the worst team each season gets to choose the best young college players (draft).

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Though I've got a lot of time for Newcastle. I'd rather they didn't sell their souls.
Same. As I said earlier in the thread, I rather quite like them for a lot of reasons. For ages I’ve wanted to see them back up near the top of the league but I’m not sure it’s worth this.

That all being said, I’ll be glad they don’t own us.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It's mad to think how fecked we are if this goes through. Not being able to compete with Newcastle.
It's fine though for some fans who hate the Saudi regime, even if we're relegated to the bottom leagues, it suits them fine.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Morals far surpass watching a bunch of individuals kick a plastic ball round,for me anyway.

Regarding us, our issue isn't money.It's direction.

Nick7

It's fine though for some fans who hate the Saudi regime, even if we're relegated to the bottom leagues, it suits them fine.
Absolutely suits me. Won’t happen though, so you’re just being precious.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This is the reality of Football now. We're going to be in the quagmire of mediocrity for the foreseeable future.
I can see St James park being transformed into the best club stadium in the country while our beloved Old Trafford is ready to collapse!
Its all over for us, will never be what we were again, Europa league each year no more champions league no more titles no more getting the best players
*shoots self with arms bought by the Saudis*

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You can bet your bollix they will hire Poch if the saudis take over.

Judas

Open to offers
It will be amazing to finally see Newcastle back where they deserve to be, I'd instantly want them to win the league. But it's just the worst possible way to become top dog, there's no genuine satisfaction in a huge Saudi cash injection, and I know how miserable they currently are.

The Red Thinker

Count me happy. I do not want the club of my heart to be owned by a vicious, imperial regime with the shadiest of human rights records.

The Glazers don’t know how to run a football club...they are part of a cabal of banks that don’t care for much more than profit. But that’s it... there’s no blood on their hands. They aren’t executing journalists ffs.

I don’t love United just for the football. To me the club means more.

Bojan11

Pack it in and close the club. It’s all over lads.

Barca, Real Madrid, Juve, Bayern and even Liverpool have shown you can build teams without sugar daddy. We outdo nearly all those teams in terms of revenue. We just need competent owners.

It’s also going to be more difficult for Newcastle than it was for Man City to break in.

RUCK4444

Rather them than us
We will see if this opinion plays out when we are the 7th best club in the league.

If it’s true and we’ve fecked up selling to the best suitors (or only suitors financially) then we are doomed to continue this decline for a LOT longer.

Nick7

We will see if this opinion plays out when we are the 7th best club in the league.

If it’s true and we’ve fecked up selling to the best suitors (or only suitors financially) then we are doomed to continue this decline for a LOT longer.
Would rather that than the Saudi’s

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Pack it in and close the club. It’s all over lads.

Barca, Real Madrid, Juve, Bayern and even Liverpool have shown you can build teams without sugar daddy. We outdo nearly all those teams in terms of revenue. We just need competent owners.

It’s also going to be more difficult for Newcastle than it was for Man City to break in.
This has to be satire

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'll play devil's advocate.

How do we assign ethics to the sovereign wealth fund of a nation? Would this move be kosher if it was Norway's fund investing in a club it felt it could make a good return on?
It's not that difficult. Sovereign Wealth Fund is just group of words meant to sound innocuous but the vehicle is 100% tied to the regime.

Also, you don't get ROI with football clubs. Certainly not at a rate a SWF would find acceptable.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well. Saudi takeover or not We're fecked either way. So I'm indifferent to this one.

cyberman

[/QUOTE]
Why? Theyll be handcuffed by ffp for the forseeable future. If we havent got our act together before then Newcastle will be the least of our worries

MDFC Manager

Where are all the people who thought Saudis cared so much about the prestige of United to splurge £3-4bn just to buy the club. They may have thought about it, but not at that price. Nobody is going to buy us at those prices, regardless of what kind of bottomless money pit they have.

The harsh reality is that we're stuck with the glazers for a long long time.

RUCK4444

Would rather that than the Saudi’s
Ok I wish you all the best supporting this club and its impeccably moral owners ;)

I’m actually more disappointed in this news than I am about our league position and lack of signings, because it’s far worse for us in the long term.

Now we have lost our only suitors we could quite easily have another 15-20 years of Glazer ownership! Think about that.

Considering if the Saudi’s had owned us it makes nothing worse about what they do and nobody would accuse us fans of condoning them, then I know what option I would take.

RUCK4444

I bet the Newcastle fans will be livid if it goes through........said nobody ever.
This, it’s only the ‘desperate-to-seem-moral fans’ on here that wouldn’t want this.

Makes my head hurt with frustration, imagine being stuck with the glazers for another 20 years :( :(

Raj70

Supports
Liverpool
I would like to think with F.F.P now in place it would prevent another Man City from happening but the reality is it does feck all anyway.
Watch as Newcastle sign a £500 million sponsorship deal out of nowhere to navigate around FFP.

Roboc7

It’s probably nonsense but this would make way more sense than buying us. Would be a fraction of the cost, there would be less opposition from fans and the media.

If the Saudi’s are going to invest in a Premier League team I think it’s very unlikely they would buy Utd.

Dr. StrangeHate

This is very unlikely. Saudis go for the shiniest thing which is us. I won't believe it until it is confirmed. Having lived in SA for 18 years after Barca and Real we are definitely the most popular. I don't want them here but I would be surprised if they didn't try hard for us.

Steve Bruce

This, it’s only the ‘desperate-to-seem-moral fans’ on here that wouldn’t want this.

Makes my head hurt with frustration, imagine being stuck with the glazers for another 20 years :( :(
I think we will get rid of the Glazers sooner than that, I think what will happen is, they'll water down their ownership by issuing new shares over the coming years. However I'm certainly no expert on stock markets or corporate business.

I just can't see where this super rich person is going to come from, so I can only see us being owned by many different rich people like we used to be before the Glazers.

Member 101269

This is very unlikely. Saudis go for the shiniest thing which is us. I won't believe it until it is confirmed. Having lived in SA for 18 years after Barca and Real we are definitely the most popular. I don't want them here but I would be surprised if they didn't try hard for us.

This! I agree; it is interesting that colleagues and friends from SA are still saying Saudis are coming. It wouldn't surprise me if the Newcastle rumour is out to scare fans. There is plenty of evidence in this thread of people say we're even more done if NU are bought out by SA etc.

A SA or MU PR job?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If it stops Liverpool winning everything for the next 5 years, I'm all for it.

Jezpeza

Interesting if this happens. Big club, big following and big stadium. If they can just throw money at it til it works - well, we saw what happened at city

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Indeed they shouldn't be. Liverpool have managed to become the best team in Europe without spending sugar-daddy money. Basic competence would take us a long way, let alone operating to a high standard.
Not to mention Leicester. Every time I remember how little they paid for the likes of Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Maddison, Maguire - I get enraged. And they were all stars in a matter of 1-2 years. That is what smart recruitment looks like. Meanwhile we bought fecking Dalot who's been here 2 years and has yet to show anything valuable. Not to mention money down the drain on Sanchez and other overpriced flops.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It will be amazing to finally see Newcastle back where they deserve to be, I'd instantly want them to win the league. But it's just the worst possible way to become top dog, there's no genuine satisfaction in a huge Saudi cash injection, and I know how miserable they currently are.
Why do Newcastle "deserve" to be at the top of the league, out of interest?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not to mention Leicester. Every time I remember how little they paid for the likes of Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Maddison, Maguire - I get enraged. And they were all stars in a matter of 1-2 years. That is what smart recruitment looks like. Meanwhile we bought fecking Dalot who's been here 2 years and has yet to show anything valuable. Not to mention money down the drain on Sanchez and other overpriced flops.
tbf, part of it is down to luck too. Kante for example was found through stastical analysis but any of Europe's top clubs could have used it, it was just luck for Leicester that they were the only ones using it look at Kante. Vardy was lower league striker who they acquired in the championship and had a late career spike.

Conversely, Dalot was rated as one of the most promising young talents in Europe and has had back luck with injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.