Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

Good. Feck the Saudis. If Jeff Bezos took over Newcastle and spent £10b on them, more power to them, but the Newcastle fans who want to be owned by MBS after all they shit the Saudis have done and continue to do need to take a hard look at themselves

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Current crisis gets another victim ?

Can't say to upset about this one :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Reminds me of the we are going to buy Rabbi Matondo if we can't sign Sancho strategy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So they've pulled out because they had to wait a while for the deal to be approved?!

Sounds like they were really in it for the long haul!

Teja

If you want to recreate the experience, just go into the editor, and give them 1 billion pounds transfer budget, and play on from there.
I think there's a sugar daddy check mark somewhere that models this.

But still, Newcastle :lol: :lol:. Almost feel bad for them.

Gandalf

The various Newcastle forums are in meltdown blaming us, City and the Dippers mainly because we want to keep it a closed shop at the top. The notion that it might be because their potential new owners are a shady bunch of human rights violating pirates had nothing to do with it I am sure.

Jibbs

It was a consortium of Saudi private investors not the Saudi sovereign fund itself like UAE and Qatar sovereign funds own City and PSG respectively.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Imagine having to adjust your transfer targets from Mbappe and Jason Sancho to Pukki and Dominic Solanke. These guys are pissed!

Good. Feck the Saudis. If Jeff Bezos took over Newcastle and spent £10b on them, more power to them, but the Newcastle fans who want to be owned by MBS after all they shit the Saudis have done and continue to do need to take a hard look at themselves
The Saudis are disgusting but please don't act as if Jeff Bezos is some model human being. He's a horrific wealth hoarder who takes advantage of his workers, sweatshops, and small businesses.

Xeno

The guy who undercuts local businesses and harasses them into closure? Of course, it is not blatant killing. But hardly a model owner
Any person who has enough wealth to buy a Premier League football club is going to be a bell end. The only metric is how much of one they are. You don't accumlate that amount of cash without harming a few people countries democracies journalists along the way.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
The various Newcastle forums are in meltdown blaming us, City and the Dippers mainly because we want to keep it a closed shop at the top. The notion that it might be because their potential new owners are a shady bunch of human rights violating pirates had nothing to do with it I am sure.
The vast, vast majority of our meltdowns today have absolutely nothing to do with some idea about a closed shop. I don't know why but it bugs me so much when people find the most terrible fringe opinions being voiced by a group and pass it off as a majority. :lol: As a general rule in life , yes, you can probably find some idiots somewhere saying a certain stupid thing but almost all of our ire today has been split between the PL, Mike Ashley, Qatar and actually PIF themselves to varying degrees.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It was a consortium of Saudi private investors not the Saudi sovereign fund itself like UAE and Qatar sovereign funds own City and PSG respectively.
Not what ESPN are saying:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/new...stle-bid-ends-after-piracyhuman-rights-issues

The league has spent four months considering whether to approve the £300 million takeover that would have seen Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund gain an 80% take in the northeast club.

The British-based Reuben brothers and financier Amanda Staveley were planning to each buy the remaining 10% stakes to end the ownership of retail entrepreneur Mike Ashley.

UncleBob

Well ain't that just a kick in the pants. One that I would have rather received two months ago in all honesty - the waiting was the worst part. Absolutely baffling timeline, this. Too many people upset and throwing wild conspiracy theories out. We'll probably never know the full truth.

Still hope Ashley goes but this Mauriss chancer ain't it.
The full truth is rather simple, it looks better to pull out of the deal rather than being told they can't buy the club.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
An hour before the news broke out this was posted on a NUFC forum regarding the appeal just lodged by Saudi Arabia to the WTO:

When you look at all the bother the World Trade Organization are causing the Saudis you can’t rely blame them for sending them planes to America
Howay the lads.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Good. One less threat out of the mix. Although my Newcastle supporting brother is going to be absolutely gutted when it hears the news.

lsd

The Oracle
Going by most reports the Premier League were going to approve the deal and the reason it fell through was Mike Ashley tried to squeeze more money than originally agreed.

So if true they now know they would be allowed to buy a premiership club

pascell

An hour before the news broke out this was posted on a NUFC forum regarding the appeal just lodged by Saudi Arabia to the WTO:

Howay the lads.
Imagine you stoop to such levels to defend them, just because they'll spend a few bob on the football team you support. Absolute bonkers way of thinking.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Levels of delusion. It’s over.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So every single one of them then...

Scriblerus

Good. Although the fact that the PL were dragging their heels over piracy of TV coverage rather than unspeakable human rights record leaves them looking shabby. Right outcome for utterly wrong reasons.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can't wait to see what The True Geordie has to say, the bellend.

Status
Not open for further replies.