Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The Saudi's pulled out?

Well, yeah, that's what happens when you send your respective new owners the Geordie Shore boxset as a "gift".

Infra-red

Worried that the saudi takeover news now pops up for us again
No chance of that, thankfully. Not with the opposition they've faced with Newcastle (which would only be magnified tenfold with United). They won't come near a Premier League club again - wouldn't rule out one somewhere else, though.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Lots of Newcastle players will be breathing a sigh of relief this morning!

DavidDeSchmikes

From April this year

Daily Mail said:
Mike Ashley stands to bank a sum in the region of £17million if the sale of Newcastle United does not go through.

The deposit paid by the Saudi Arabian consortium led by Amanda Staveley is non-refundable, meaning Newcastle owner Ashley gets richer even if the takeover is not ratified by the Premier League. It is the surest sign yet that Staveley is confident there will be no hold-ups.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Good. Although the fact that the PL were dragging their heels over piracy of TV coverage rather than unspeakable human rights record leaves them looking shabby. Right outcome for utterly wrong reasons.
But that makes no sense.

Given MBS is so unscrupulously all powerful, surely he'd have the pirate digital operation running out of Saudi Arabia shut down, so he could own his sportwashing asset?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
So will Bruce.

Pochettino, on the other hand, will be on the phone to his agent.
You do wonder how far things had come along behind the scenes! I am happy for Bruce. There are teams with far better options who did a whole lot worse this season. He absolutely does not deserve to lose his job.

Phil

Some of their fans are really lashing out on anyone and everyone and it's hilarious.

Infestissumam

Some of their fans are really lashing out on anyone and everyone and it's hilarious.
and I'd almost feel a bit sorry for them, being stuck with Mike fecking Ashley must sting. But when you remember which kind of regime they were willing to turn a blind eye to, it's hard not to laugh at them. Also have to laugh at the delusion, some of them really thought they'd snag world class players this summer :houllier:

No Love

Graeme Souness: “For me, you have to question Pogba’s role in this takeover falling through. He needs to be doing better.”

United58

What's the actual reason for the deal falling through, did the PL intervene or did the Saudis end it?

Tiber

If their fans dislike the Premier League so much, maybe they would prefer relegation next year? You know, for moral reasons.

SirScholes

Bunch of delusional muppets. Hope they get relegated.
It’s ridiculous I live in Newcastle, and all I ever hear is “we are the best supporters blah blah blah” we have the biggest fan base for a team that’s not won anything...

I’m always saying yer but there is no other team to support in the city
United - City
Liverpool - Everton
Villa Birmingham wolves
London obvs loads of teams

there is a big fan base because there is no other team !
So entitled

I’m laughing hard at this

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
That's a shame! Don't despair though Newcastle fans, Mike Ashley has a nice £17m profit from this so it's not all bad. He may even re-sign Pardew if you're lucky!

Bojan11

It’s ridiculous I live in Newcastle, and all I ever hear is “we are the best supporters blah blah blah” we have the biggest fan base for a team that’s not won anything...

I’m always saying yer but there is no other team to support in the city
United - City
Liverpool - Everton
Villa Birmingham wolves
London obvs loads of teams

there is a big fan base because there is no other team !
So entitled

I’m laughing hard at this
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/2277260/robson-hurt-by-boo-boys

Best fans in the world!

They turned on one of their best managers ever in the last 50 years, so I’m not surprised they a delusional bunch.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
That's a shame! Don't despair though Newcastle fans, Mike Ashley has a nice £17m profit from this so it's not all bad. He may even re-sign Pardew if you're lucky!
Hopefully on an improved 8 year contract and transfer budget to buy another joelinton.

Abdullah7

I'm so happy :drool:

I thought finishing 3rd wasn't going to be topped off before the Eid. Well, this news came very closely. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.