Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Dan Roan of BBC liked the tweet.

ShinjiNinja26

Kiss goodbye to getting rid of the glazers anytime soon if this happens. It’ll be yet another club that we’ll have to contend with and fecking Newcastle at that. :keano:

DoomSlayer

Warning, Caf meltdown about to commence.

This is not a drill. I repeat - this is not a drill.

FireballXL5

Who the feck would want those murderous gangsters owning their football club?
Presumably those devoid of a moral compass.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think this is a smart investment. Not that the target is to make money here, but a big fan base, attendance, and a club starved of success and coming out of years of austerity under Ashley.

You have to feel fans will be excited and will welcome them with open arms.

They would have 50,000 home fans for a League Cup final! City can’t even manage that in the Champions League! :D

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Newcastle have a similar problem to us in having shite owners. I wonder if the fans share the same moral qualms many of us have about having Saudi owners.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I would love to have a new owner, but not this Crown Prince. The things that out there about him. No it will kill me to have him take over our club.
Therefore, I hope this is true.

Got to be some other billionaire out there who can buy us.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Wonderful, another fecking sugar daddy club in world football - just what was needed.

acnumber9

Was it not only a couple of months ago that they were definitely being bought by Chinese billionaires?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Apparently both WSJ and Bloomberg are reporting this too.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Surprised it’s taken this long for another sugar daddy to buy a sleeping giant. Leeds or Villa will be next. It’ll be a Big 10 soon - and eventually we’ll end up with a Small 4.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Rather them than us. No group of fans should be welcoming the Saudi regime into their club.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Makes sense for the Saudis.

Much cheaper than United.

Plus the media wouldn't put them under scrutiny like they would if it was United.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This will end any hope of us getting rid of the Glazers.

The Saudi’s could plough over £3 billion into Newcastle’s squad, stadium etc and it will still be cheaper than buying us.

I doubt my 5 year old boy will see United win anything of note before he’s my age (38). Shit times.

LARulz

Makes sense for the Saudis.

Much cheaper than United.

Plus the media wouldn't put them under scrutiny like they would if it was United.
This. It's a no brainer.

They can even get around FFP easily - if it was enforced then they couldn't and would probably not bother

Tiber

Much Cheaper than United, dont need a new stadium and they can still win everything for what to them is a pittance. The fans will love them for it.

United don't have a hope in hell until a billionaire much richer than the Glazers buys us as a vanity project. Noodle sponsorship in asia will never match unlimited Oil money, especially while the owners are actually taking a cut rather than pouring money in for vanity.

RedFan84

Supports
Liverpool
The guys who were entrusted towards managing football left it open for a way for oppressive regimes to find a way to whitewash over their crimes with using a football club.

Whether it's man utd or Newcastle utd or even Liverpool in the worst case for me , as humans , people need to stand up and say this isn't on.

Reactions: SteveJ
Status
Not open for further replies.