Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Meh talk for yourself ... I don't hate them... Im jealous - Id happily buy shirts and fund their war on Yemen if they came and brought us mbappe
It really would be best for people like you to find something more worthwhile to invest your life in than football. This is pathetic.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Just wait until they build a new academy and re-develop the area, people will be calling them clever businessmen and investors in people i.e. Citeh.
I'm not talking about the Newcastle supporters at all, they'll welcome anyone anyone after supporting under Mike Ashley. They'll find excuses for whatever their benefactors are doing, that goes without saying. But the other clubs fanbases, maybe with the exception of Manchester city will uniformly dislike them. Look at City, how little their success means, and all their owners have done is pumped in money. Imagine being owned by someone that routinely beheads people.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m trying to think of immediate names that could come in. They will want a few flashy ones early on to get fans excited and sell shirts.

I could easily see James Rodriguez coming over. They will pay his wage and Real will accept a decent fee as they want rid. It will be those kind of players initially. High profile names with clubs who want them out.

I wonder could they persuade someone like Coutinho over the ambition of the club?

It will be a while before young up and comers see them as a viable option, so the likes of Camavinga, Bellingham will still target moves to top clubs initially

I don’t think they will find it as easy as City to overspend and go outside the rules so I expect them to pay big wages for players on free transfers and look to take advantage of players and teams looking for solutions to contract situations.

Bale is a big one. If they could match his wage at Real and guarantee him a few more years on that same contract, I think he would go for it. He is another who just wants to make the most out of the final years of his career and if he is guaranteed the same money for a few more years, he will jump.

It will be interesting to see just how far their ambition goes.

Teams like Arsenal will have to be wary. If they come and offer double terms to their young players like Saka, who only has a year to run, they are vulnerable now

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm still not convinced they'll spend on the scale of City or PSG. How long have they been negotiating over the price? And this is a fund worth ~$320 billion and they've been in negotiations for months (or is it even a year plus at this point?). That says they aren't in the business of throwing around money with no concern to profit or value for money.

They've also been buying up cheap stocks since the coronavirus crash:

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund is anticipated to have immense investment opportunities post the coronavirus pandemic, media reports said. Public Investment Fund is the Kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund.

It is reported that the Public Investment Fund is seeking investment opportunities in various sectors such as aviation, oil and gas, and entertainment. Earlier this month, the fund acquired an 8.2 percent stake in Carnival Corporation which is affected by the coronavirus. With that, the company’s shares rose nearly 30 percent higher. Carnival Corporation is an international cruise line headquartered in Florida.

Public Investment Fund Managing Director Yassir Al Rumayyan, said at an online investment forum, “There will be economies up and running, we will see a lot of potential.” The fund manages assets worth more than $300 billion. Also, it has stakes in Uber and Lucid Motors, media reports said.

Public Investment Fund has acquired stakes worth $1 billion in four European oil companies. Currently, the market is depressed on the back of the pandemic and low oil prices. These major companies include Equinor, Royal Dutch Shell, Total and Enir, media reports said.

A source told the media, “The Saudis have been buying every day almost for the past few weeks, specially since the share prices of many of these companies were in correction territory and dividend yields were very high. They’ve been buying on the basis that everything is much cheaper and that they are bullish on the long-term outlook for oil prices.”

That said, the Kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund has allocated $45 billion to SoftBank’s Vision Fund which is worth $100 billion.

https://internationalfinance.com/saudis-public-investment-fund-foresees-opportunities-post-pandemic/
It all points towards them thinking Newcastle are a good investment rather than a toy, imo. It is a public investment fund after all.

I'm sure 'sports washing' is a factor, but I don't think they'll be throwing around hundreds of millions each season for that reason alone.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm still not convinced they'll spend on the scale of City or PSG. How long have they been negotiating over the price? And this is a fund worth ~$320 billion and they've been in negotiations for months (or is it even a year plus at this point?). That says they aren't in the business of throwing around money with no concern to profit or value for money.

They've also been buying up cheap stocks since the coronavirus crash:

It all points towards them thinking Newcastle are a good investment rather than a toy, imo. It is a public investment fund after all.

I'm sure 'sports washing' is a factor, but I don't think they'll be throwing around hundreds of millions each season for that reason alone.
Makes one wonder why they think Newcastle are a good investment.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'd guess...

Big and dedicated fan base.
Big stadium.
Under investment from Ashley means a relatively modest increase in investment could yield strong growth (compared to a club like United with limited potential for further growth).
A willing seller in Ashley (are there actually many of those in top tier football without paying pay over the odds?)

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Steady ticket sale income and Tv deal. With decent investment, they can regularly get in Europa or even CL in few years. Spending 300m for a club in PL is decent as the value can go higher and they can sell for profit later

AaronRedDevil

Hope they buy Newcastle. Ashley is a cnut of an owner. Club deserve better. Least Newcastle have the fanbase and history to justify on being a club on the up. Unlike city, no offence :lol:

AaronRedDevil

If the deal is complete and this season voided, they will sign grealish and Sancho. you heard it here first
I can see it now in the articles. Sancho has signed for UNITED!!!. As it's been said all summer, sancho has signed for Newcastle United :lol:

Wayne's World

I really hope this takeover goes under for Newcastle. Sick of reading social media posts online of people saying "Oh well done Newcastle, you deserve it, fans deserve it after Ashley etc"....As far as fans go when they were doing well in the 90's and early 00's, the fans were absolute cnuts especially when playing us.

feck them a small club using a myth that they are a big club because they have a big stadium

tenpoless

Feck. I'm enjoying the luxury of having Poch available as another plan should things go tits up. He should remain jobless until that happens, even if it never happens, I'd still prefer him jobless.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Hope they buy Newcastle. Ashley is a cnut of an owner. Club deserve better. Least Newcastle have the fanbase and history to justify on being a club on the up. Unlike city, no offence :lol:
You need to do some more research before spouting that Newcastle deserve it but City don’t. Neither deserve to be owned by corrupt regimes that give zero care about human rights.

However in regards to historical pedigree they are pretty even. Neither are a big club historically, any more so than the likes of Nottingham Forest.

Newcastle have won 4 Top flight titles and 6 FA Cups.

City before the buy out had won 2 Top flight titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and 1 European Cup Winners Cups.

Guy Incognito

Newcastle would have to spend 100s of millions to compete for the top 4 which they won't be able to do with FFP.

No way Poch goes there.
Nah, I can see him managing Newcastle. And then Kane will team up with his 'football father' after a word from his 'idol' Alan Shearer.

Red_toad

However in regards to historical pedigree they are pretty even. Neither are a big club historically, any more so than the likes of Nottingham Forest.
Forest have won the European cup twice, I’d say that puts them well above toon in historical achievement, far far above them.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Forest have won the European cup twice, I’d say that puts them well above toon in historical achievement, far far above them.
Well yeah probably, was just an example really. It’s really tiring hearing people call Newcastle a big club and that they deserve it unlike City. None of them do.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Sir Bobby Robson turning in his grave.
This. Absolutely disgusting if the PL let's this go through. No way I'd ever support my club if it was owned by that kind of people. We're talking about a murderer here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
They will give the epl some bullshit guarantees and that will be that.
I think they would have to kick the pirate station off their state owned satellite. It's a binary proposition I would have thought. You can't have a business partner who is literally ripping you off completely openly.

paulscholes18

Most important thing for them to do first is to have the right manager, last thing they would want is a manager who’s like kid in a sweetshop, like Hughes was at City.

Then it be all about making the right signings, I would personally stay away from marquee signings from a big club like Coutinho, can’t see them working out well for them, instead sign players who aren’t at big clubs but good enough to play CL football like Ake, Grealish, Rice and Neves, also Chiesa and Tonali would be great buys but think they would prefer to stay in Italy

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This is somehow better than Ashley? It's a million times worse. And I'm not to sure what history you're talking about.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Are people still believing that PL will put some kind of blockade on this?
They should but they won't.

I have to say I find the reaction to this takeover from some Newcastle fans incredibly disheartening. I would rather my team go out of business than be owned by this lot. Football really is in the shitter.

Castia

Newcastle would have to spend 100s of millions to compete for the top 4 which they won't be able to do with FFP.

No way Poch goes there.
They’ll rig it won’t they. First thing to go will be ‘sports direct arena’ or whatever it’s called for a Saudi sponsorship worth about £800m.

MattofManchester

beheading is based on an equal measurement that fits the crime. We've got courts and trustworthy religious scholars who've sustained their credibility over time. Whom aren't influenced by a state law and only follow the teachings of Quran and our prophet Mohamed ﷺ. We always judge the severity of the crime based on clear methods that are subtracted from Quran & Sunna. The 2 books that we tailored our constitution or 'Sharia law' from. Al Saud have no influence whatsoever on any cases that are brought to court and never sought to. Stop embracing yourself and never talk about a subject you don't know squat about. I couldn't careless and have never been intimidated by MBS or his father as I fear no man but God. %99.9 of Saudis want our country to be run this way and we live in peace and prosperity so what's your problem with that?
So was the dismemberment of Jamal Kashoggi befitting of his crime? Was the mass genocide instituted by MBS in Yemen befitting for their "crimes"?
Is the blatant oppression of women and right to free speech also a requisite for death?
And your previous comment about never having been a stoning in Saudi Arabia is a lie. I recall, not clearly, but I definitely recall seeing a woman being stoned to death a few years back. It was graphic and disgusting to watch.

Is it perfectly okay to completely destroy the dignity of another?
Some clarity and free thought is needed here, seriously.

Back to the point at hand, which is the Newcastle takeover. It's disgusting the way people have looked at this in a favourable manner, and that this dealay come to pass. Allowing a psychotic, genocidal maniac to enter the fray should tarnish the Premier League's reputation.
In an ideal world, sponsors should threaten to pull out of the League and the club should the takeover come to pass.

The problem now is everyone is distracted by the coronavirus issues, and so this takeover is still massively under the radar.

While it seems the world is unlikely to put any attempt in stopping his crazed regime, I don't see why it's not possible to limit the influence he has outside of his own royal limits.

Wayne's World

They should but they won't.

I have to say I find the reaction to this takeover from some Newcastle fans incredibly disheartening. I would rather my team go out of business than be owned by this lot. Football really is in the shitter.
Fickle football fans would sell their soul for anything. Reckon If they went and got big name signings. Newcastle fans would be happy for public killings in the center circle of St. James.

Anyway can't stand them as a club, never got why they get called a "Big" club. They haven't won even a mickey mouse cup for 60+ years.

Hopefully turns out more like what happened with Malaga and Anzhi Makhachkala then PSG/City for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.