Saul Niguez, Yea Or Nay

Scholsey2004

I just thought it was a funny description. Think he's a lot better than what we have, just whether he fits or not - or what Ole actually wants to do with the midfield, as someone said before.

edit: I'd describe him as a better version of Ander Herrera.
Similar, Herrera is a better passer though if the stats are to be believed. So no, not a better version.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This season seems like it's his worst so far but his defensive stats previously are actually good.

19/20 season - 2.7 tackles and 1.6 interceptions. 1.4 dribbled past

18/19 - 2.5 tackles and 1.3 interceptions. 1.5 dribbled past

17/18 - 3.7 tackles and 1.5 interceptions. 1.8 dribbled past.

I haven't watched much of him though and he was apparently bad this season. From the little I've seen he seems more like a sillier version of Fred

Infra-red

We need a holding midfielder (Matic replacement) more than we need a box-box player to compete with Fred/McTominay. Saul would be an upgrade on the latter two players, but we probably have too much work to do elsewhere to spare the budget for it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure how it gets ignored how completely pointless he has been for Chelsea. Just seen him come on and remembered he exists.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Not sure how it gets ignored how completely pointless he has been for Chelsea. Just seen him come on and remembered he exists.
I have been genuinly surprised by his existence about 3 times this year

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In a season of walking into every rake around, at least we avoided this one.

stu_1992

Was shocked to see him on the pitch when I eventually tuned in. Completely forgot they had signed him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Would be a good solution for 40 million. Hasn't had a good season but his he's still a complete midfielder with the perfect allround skillset and well-suited to the Premier League. His impact would be similar to Ander Herrera's, which to me is a compliment.
Not for me

Born2Lose

There's a huge difference between a midfielder being good enough for a team looking to win the PL and CL and us currently. He can't be any worse than Pogba was at the weekend as an option off the bench.