Saul Niguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Why is he the Pogba replacement and not the Ander Herrera replacement? Weird tactics if true.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is he the Pogba replacement and not the Ander Herrera replacement? Weird tactics if true.
Assuming if Bruno is still on the cards he'd be the man to replace Pogba's position.

Bogga

Saul and Bruno would be the replacements for Herrera and Pogba if anything... Pogba would pay bor both of them as well

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Too good to be turned down? :lol: That was a peanut for the caliber of Beckham. Buffon & Zidane were more expensive.

The point is that if player is forced to leave then the player will leave doesn’t mean the player won’t give 100%. Saúl only want to stay because he loyal to atl Madrid.

So initial issue was you were worry about him not giving 100% & now your issue is you don’t want us be the bad guys.

Not sure how is that called bad guys, we need the player & atl madrid gets the money for the deal. It’s not like we are spending £135m for a player that we don’t need so we can take the player away and bench him. He’s perfect fit for Ole’s midfield’s profile. Not our problem that they are making such a deal in player’s contract.
I didn’t say the Beckham offer was too good to turn down, I said the Beckham situation is completely different to the situation you’re wanting to happen with Saul, i.e. the only reason for a move being the money is too good to turn down. Beckham left because Fergie didn’t like his attitude and felt it be best he get out of the dressing room.

You’re putting words into my mouth with that one too, I never said I think he wouldn’t give 100% - any professional worth their salt would. We want players that want to play for United so that they behave like, for example, Herrera did - even if he didn’t quite cut it here. If you force a player to move they won’t be happy here, and you just don’t want that in the squad. That’s why I’m okay with Pogba leaving if he really doesn’t want to be here.

And in response to the last paragraph, you didn’t make out like we’d simply bid and buy the player - you were coming up some grand scheme to back Atlético and Saúl into a corner through the QSI ownership. It’s not the way I want my club to do business, we’ll leave that dodgy shit to a club like PSG or Real.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn’t say the Beckham offer was too good to turn down, I said the Beckham situation is completely different to the situation you’re wanting to happen with Saul, i.e. the only reason for a move being the money is too good to turn down. Beckham left because Fergie didn’t like his attitude and felt it be best he get out of the dressing room.
Atl Madrid doesn’t want to spend £54m for nothing just to keep the player and they will have no choice but to force Saúl to leave. It has nothing to do with money is too good to turn down.

You’re putting words into my mouth with that one too, I never said I think he wouldn’t give 100% - any professional worth their salt would. We want players that want to play for United so that they behave like, for example, Herrera did - even if he didn’t quite cut it here. If you force a player to move they won’t be happy here, and you just don’t want that in the squad. That’s why I’m okay with Pogba leaving if he really doesn’t want to be here.
Putting words into your mouth? If you think that way I think you got no clue about a player who gives 100%.
Herrera wanted to leave last season because of money but he still gave 100% when he played. Saúl is a type of Herrera in term of attitude. It’s all about the professional attitude of player.

Sanchez wants to play for United because of money. He could leave but no club will pay the wages.

Martial wants to stay but he doesn’t give 100% when on the pitch.

There is no such a thing called passionate & loves the club anymore. Be real! Players are poisoned with money now including players from our academy nowadays, there is no such a thing called Butt, Neville, Beckham, Scholes & Giggs anymore. It’s job now.

We need a top player who give 100% when on the pitch. Passionate & love can grow through the years.

So there is no issue here. Player who is unhappy will not give 100% for the club
Fellaini is unhappy at United but he gave 100% for the club.

And in response to the last paragraph, you didn’t make out like we’d simply bid and buy the player - you were coming up some grand scheme to back Atlético and Saúl into a corner through the QSI ownership. It’s not the way I want my club to do business, we’ll leave that dodgy shit to a club like PSG or Real.
Saúl is Ole’s profile type midfielder. There is no issue why we aren’t allowed to take the advantage of the situation. We buy the player to improve us, we don’t buy the player to just pissing them off and never use the player.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Atl Madrid doesn’t want to spend £54m for nothing just to keep the player and they will have no choice but to force Saúl to leave. It has nothing to do with money is too good to turn down.

Putting words into your mouth? If you think that way I think you got no clue about a player who gives 100%.
Herrera wanted to leave last season because of money but he still gave 100% when he played. Saúl is a type of Herrera in term of attitude. It’s all about the professional attitude of player.

Sanchez wants to play for United because of money. He could leave but no club will pay the wages.

Martial wants to stay but he doesn’t give 100% when on the pitch.

There is no such a thing called passionate & loves the club anymore. Be real! Players are poisoned with money now including players from our academy nowadays, there is no such a thing called Butt, Neville, Beckham, Scholes & Giggs anymore. It’s job now.

We need a top player who give 100% when on the pitch. Passionate & love can grow through the years.

Fellaini is unhappy at United but he gave 100% for the club.

Saúl is Ole’s profile type midfielder. There is no issue why we aren’t allowed to take the advantage of the situation. We buy the player to improve us, we don’t buy the player to just pissing them off and never use the player.
Hold on, have you actually made up a quote in my name there in the middle? I never said “So there is no issue here. Player who is unhappy will not give 100% for the club.” What ye on?

My point is I don’t want us to peruse players who don’t want to play for Manchester United again. It’s not good business, especially through dodgy means like the ownership scheme you’re on about. Shut up about your pointless examples and a lack of passion in the game - there’s so many examples of players falling in love with their clubs and playing for pride rather than a paycheck. Just look at half of the Liverpool roster (hurts to say).

Oh, and please don’t fecking misquote me again. Bonkers.

Tarrou

He was silly enough to sign that super long contract, now he regrets it. Either his advisers or himself are to blame if they're looking for a wage increase now. They made their own bed, now they have to sleep in it.

Moron. No leverage.
What makes you think he regrets it? He loves it there.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What makes you think he regrets it? He loves it there.
The fact that he's agitating for a wage increase. He has 6+ years left on the contract. He has no leverage. He should have signed a shorter one.

Inter Yer Nan

Isn’t James more of an AM/10 whereas Saul is a CM/8?
Yes, but I think if they signed James and with the arrival of Joao Felix I'm thinking they perhaps move from the 4-4-2. They've just signed Llorente and Herrera for CM and they play Koke on the left and Saul on the right so with Joao Felix set to play off of Morata they'd maybe change it up.

Fer

I think we are going to be linked with top players like Saul, Eriksen, De Ligt, Koulibaly, Dybala, etc. But in the end, we are going to end up with Longstaff, Maguire, Daniel James mainly because Ole wants a British core.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I enjoyed dreaming of this for a couple of days. Guess that's that then.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What? He only signed a new 9 year contract not so long ago. Are they really afraid of losing him?
The release clause and the part-ownership create a little complexity at a time when they are dismantling their squad.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think he has been for most of his career under Simeone.

He's very versatile though; played DM, CM, LM, RM, LB and CB last season.
Athletico 's 442 is more of a compact side. Not exactly leaving just 2 midfielders in the centre.

Andersons Dietician

What? He only signed a new 9 year contract not so long ago. Are they really afraid of losing him?
Did he though? Because isn’t it by FIFA’s own laws illegal to have a 9 yr contract. Surely it has to be like a 6yr with options on it or something.

Andersons Dietician

Basically a 9 year contract then, an option is in the hands of the club not the player.
You would think any Agent worth his salt would have some sort of protection in the contract for Saul because it would be bonkers to sign 9 years. Even putting a buyout clause at €150 mil seems a bit silly at the time he did it.
Really just can’t fathom how any agent would allow his client to get in that sort of situation. Hence why I don’t believe it is simply a 9 yr contract even if it is something like a 6 year with roll on options.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You would only hope. Never know with this stupid running of the club though.
Quite obviously not coming for the club. Ole would know full well he isn't replacing Pogba.

He's not replacing anyone anyway - not happening

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The guy basically pissed blood for Athletico, 9 year contract a couple of years ago, hes going nowhere.
There will be breaks in his contract and certain options.

But your main point is true - not leaving.

Fer

If we sell Pogba next season, we would need a top CM for the midfield of 2 we are playing. Which player do you consider to be better than Saul?

Bojan11

If we sell Pogba next season, we would need a top CM for the midfield of 2 we are playing. Which player do you consider to be better than Saul?
The windows just shut pal. Let’s worry about what’s happening the next few months rather than next year.

reddevilchennai

Pobga is leaving next summer. And we had enough of him. Sell Pogba for 150m to 180m.

Buy Saul and Partey with that money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.