Scholes Appointed Interim Manager at League 2 Salford City

Glorio

I’ll never understand why United fans seem to revel in our legends failing. Weirdos.
Yeah I don't get it either. Quite sad
A coach is doing well, is unbeaten, and the owners (whoever they are) sack him out of the blue. They then install one of theirs and they promptly lose the unbeaten streak - it is factually egg-on-face stuff. Not sure where the revelling is, but it does seem a bit karmic - for now anyway. Scholesy just happens to play the villain in this case.

On a connected note:
Managers get a raw deal and sometimes its great when it becomes clear that calling shots from an armchair is not the same as the reality. They deserve a lot more respect.

Cloud7

I’ll never understand why United fans seem to revel in our legends failing. Weirdos.
I love our legends for their time here as players. However, post playing career, they all come across as massive hypocrites when it comes to what they say about United, and then how they actually act, so some people enjoy seeing this. I don't think there's anything weird about that.

Scholes the player is not the same as Scholes the pundit or Scholes the manager. They're different entities and should be viewed as such.

FujiVice

I think what is sad is people who blindly defend ex-players as if they are somehow above criticism. They arent players anymore. They are people. And people should be judged eveningly based on what they are doing good or bad.

acnumber9

I think what is sad is people who blindly defend ex-players as if they are somehow above criticism. They arent players anymore. They are people. And people should be judged eveningly based on what they are doing good or bad.
Judge them as you like. I never questioned that right. I question why people are happy for them to do badly just so they can be right. Personally I’d love for Scholes to be a great manager. Him not rating everybody’s favourite isn’t reason for me to want to see him fail.