Scholes Appointed Interim Manager at League 2 Salford City

Dorris

Some way over the top criticism here. Previous managers left by mutual consent and weren't really suitable managers for a professional team. They've sacked one manager. People are so desperate to criticise! About 5 promotions in 8 seasons isn't it?
Mutual consent, ie. here’s some more money and pretend we didn’t sack you

Davìd Moyéz

Mutual consent, ie. here’s some more money and pretend we didn’t sack you
Ok, but it was clearly the right decision. The lads in charge were brought in to do a job which they did but had moved passed their level of competence, they acknowledged that. Would've been pretty poor ownership if they'd been too soft to move on and they'd still be stuck in non league.

VivaRonaldo85

You’d think they must have somebody lined up that the owners think will take them onto the next level

RashyForPM

This place generally looks down at that.

Putting money into a club is seen as worse than taking it out by some.
I know, and it’s just weird. Abramovich and Mansour have taken more flack than the Glazers since their respective arrivals by our fans :houllier:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I know, and it’s just weird. Abramovich and Mansour have taken more flack than the Glazers since their respective arrivals by our fans :houllier:
They definitely haven't. The Glazers are the single most detested thing by the United fanbase.

RashyForPM

They definitely haven't. The Glazers are the single most detested thing by the United fanbase.
Cumulatively they have. Before Fergie left, we had nothing to criticise so hammered the oligarchs and unfortunately ignored the Glazers a bit, at least more than we’re doing now (of course, there was criticism, especially at the start). They are only taking real flack now as things have turned to shite

youmeletsfly

People on this forum want succes out od thin air aka the "Man United" way. (Actually there is no "man united way", we've been lucky to have two of the best managers ever who actually turned us into a decent club.

I find it baffling that people complain about rich guys investing, putting a team together and winning stuff while we have spent a billion in 7 years and we're still in the "putting a team together phase".

I'd rather have a rich owner capable of hiring the right people for the job(like City did) instead of a club that "makes its own money" but can't even put in place a decent sporting structure.

A rich guy will request a high standard when throwing his own money at a club while a club that makes its own money will always attract owners who milk it.

redevul5566

Supports
I also support Real Mallorca.
Haven’t these hypocrites been crying about us not giving managers enough time for years? :lol:

I know some hate hearing this, but the CO92 (the vocal ones like Neville & Scholes anyway) are kinda clueless these days. Great players doesn’t always equate to great football minds.
They still know more than you do. That will do for me.

Jacko21

Keane was in attendance at their last game - which might be a reason why he’s being touted as a possible contender for the job.

SambaBoy

Apparently it was supposed to be Warren Joyce but he has Covid?

On a related note, im surprised Joyce can't get a job at a higher level than as a Salford coach!
Some of my mates who are Melbourne City fans said he's the worst manager they've ever had. Really negative, dour football with no plan B.

Gazza

Cumulatively they have. Before Fergie left, we had nothing to criticise so hammered the oligarchs and unfortunately ignored the Glazers a bit, at least more than we’re doing now (of course, there was criticism, especially at the start). They are only taking real flack now as things have turned to shite
nah that’s not true, at all. Glazers have long been despised here; meanwhile some on here would like the Saudis to buy the club.

patty123

Miserable home record in 2020. Unable to finish the game while winning. Ie last match gave away two late goal.
What, they have played 7 games before season ended at home losing just 2 games to the sides that were promoted, 3 this season 2 draws and 1 win. They sit 3 point off the top with a better gs/gc than the top team.

If thats the cirtera for a sacking Ole should have being long sacked.

GlasgowCeltic

Like virtually every other wannabe manager that’s fled the Fergie nest, he’s thick as shite

RashyForPM

People on this forum want succes out od thin air aka the "Man United" way. (Actually there is no "man united way", we've been lucky to have two of the best managers ever who actually turned us into a decent club.

I find it baffling that people complain about rich guys investing, putting a team together and winning stuff while we have spent a billion in 7 years and we're still in the "putting a team together phase".

I'd rather have a rich owner capable of hiring the right people for the job(like City did) instead of a club that "makes its own money" but can't even put in place a decent sporting structure.

A rich guy will request a high standard when throwing his own money at a club while a club that makes its own money will always attract owners who milk it.
Exactly my point. Completely agree, and great summation in the last paragraph. That is why City have gone up and we’ve gone down. It’s that simple.
nah that’s not true, at all. Glazers have long been despised here; meanwhile some on here would like the Saudis to buy the club.
When we were a winning machine, we were all calling City and Chelsea things like ‘oil club’ and games between them ‘El Plastico’. Just search the terms on the Caf’s search bar :lol:

By the way, about the Saudis, I personally would not want them here, even if it’s to replace the despicable Glazers. No matter they’re riches, they’re frankly horrible people and human rights violators. However, I cannot deny that I want an oligarch or oligarchs to take over, just that they ought to have some morals too.

Gazza

Exactly my point. Completely agree, and great summation in the last paragraph. That is why City have gone up and we’ve gone down. It’s that simple.

When we were a winning machine, we were all calling City and Chelsea things like ‘oil club’ and games between them ‘El Plastico’. Just search the terms on the Caf’s search bar :lol:

By the way, about the Saudis, I personally would not want them here, even if it’s to replace the despicable Glazers. No matter they’re riches, they’re frankly horrible people and human rights violators. However, I cannot deny that I want an oligarch or oligarchs to take over, just that they ought to have some morals too.
I don’t need to use Search function. I actually was on here at the time. Being that you must have been 7 when the Glazers took over, I think I’ll trust my own memory of it. :)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

There certainly IS a Man Utd way. It is;

playing good football
Playing with wingers
Developing youth

those 3 things have been a constant in the club history until recent years (the Ed years surprise surprise). Fergie recognized the traits early on and developed his teams accordingly.

just because modern football has changed tactics recently doesn’t mean that there isn’t things the club was known for.

I for one would love to go back to a simple 442 with 2 wingers stretching the play, not this narrow shit that we have been served up since LVG. Leicester won the PL playing 442 ffs

pixel

playing good football
Playing with wingers
Developing youth

those 3 things have been a constant in the club history until recent years (the Ed years surprise surprise). Fergie recognized the traits early on and developed his teams accordingly.

just because modern football has changed tactics recently doesn’t mean that there isn’t things the club was known for.

I for one would love to go back to a simple 442 with 2 wingers stretching the play, not this narrow shit that we have been served up since LVG. Leicester won the PL playing 442 ffs
Great post.

Bestietom

playing good football
Playing with wingers
Developing youth

I agree. For years we played best football with 4-4-2 System.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Keane was in attendance at their last game - which might be a reason why he’s being touted as a possible contender for the job.
Gary Neville often gets Roy Keane tickets to Salford games so I wouldn't read too much into him attending Salford's most recent game. I'd be careful about giving Warren Joyce the manager's job, caretaker or otherwise if I were Gary Neville and co.

redevul5566

Supports
I also support Real Mallorca.
What, they have played 7 games before season ended at home losing just 2 games to the sides that were promoted, 3 this season 2 draws and 1 win. They sit 3 point off the top with a better gs/gc than the top team.

If thats the cirtera for a sacking Ole should have being long sacked.
I just copy from the paper.

Dorris

Ok, but it was clearly the right decision. The lads in charge were brought in to do a job which they did but had moved passed their level of competence, they acknowledged that. Would've been pretty poor ownership if they'd been too soft to move on and they'd still be stuck in non league.
Fair. But G Nev would’ve still lost his shit on Sky if a similar situation happened in the prem with a newly promoted team.

Brophs

The One and Only
That‘ll seriously eat into the amount of time he has to go on the piss with his son

Untd55

Doesnt matter to the CAF. We dont care about facts!!
It is not a fact. Peter Lim owns a 40% shareholding, which can be equalled by 4/5 of the other shareholders. Beckham, Giggs, P Neville, G Neville, Scholes, and Butt have 10% shareholding each.

Peter Lim needs at least two of the other shareholders to agree to guarantee a majority decision.

FujiVice

Good start for Scholesy. First defeat of the season for Salford.

acnumber9

I’ll never understand why United fans seem to revel in our legends failing. Weirdos.