5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Very proud didn’t look fazed and passed it simply and well. Hope this game is the making of him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very good performance.

slored1

Well done Scott. Like last year, showed a lot of maturity and no fear against the Dippers.

haram

Good lad. The horrible campaign against him needs to stop.

Silas

Did really well today. Let's hope he can build on this.

Ekeke

Think he was chasing shadows before all the disruptions with injuries and from that point on Liverpool barely managed to have an attack in the middle so not much work for him to do. Pogba was our ball winning midfielder today

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's a composed player but still immature. Could have cost us the game as Liverpool should have had a penalty.

shahzy

I really dont think he was good enough. You can tell the massive gulf in quality between a proper DM like Matic and then Scott. Can't fault his effort and you cant blame the lad. The guy has been asked to give it his all and he did but unfortunately for him the quality just isnt there

Sterling Archer

Such a brilliant performance. On the back of that Matic has a challenge getting back in the team.

He was everywhere and did everything right.
Liverpool had what, one shot on target that second half? Fantastic from Scott. Pereira put himself about well too.

Based Adnan

Said it before and I'll say it again - He's a big game player. You look at his best games for us and it's Liverpool last season, Chelsea last season, Sevilla away last season and now this Liverpool game (playing as a lone 6 no less)

So happy for him and hopefully this gets some of the doubters off his back.

reddevil702

I really dont think he was good enough. You can tell the massive gulf in quality between a proper DM like Matic and then Scott. Can't fault his effort and you cant blame the lad. The guy has been asked to give it his all and he did but unfortunately for him the quality just isnt there
Matic has Herrera in front. McTominay had Perreira. Scott played well and really was one of the bright spots today.

spiriticon

Matic??? Gimme a break. Matic has been more or less average for most of his time here.

If you had mentioned someone like Kante, I'd have agreed.

marktan

I think for 22 he's a good player. Midfielders improve with age, I think around 26/27 he'll be a pretty solid player. He's got the tools - can run with the ball, play a decent pass, and defend well.

Let's not forget how long it took Fletcher to have his first great season with us.

Anderley

I feel like he is doing well everytime he gets the chance in defensive midfield behind to CM's. Could pose a prospect as a successor of Matic. Just saying.

Dante

Average bang
I think for 22 he's a good player. Midfielders improve with age, I think around 26/27 he'll be a pretty solid player. He's got the tools - can run with the ball, play a decent pass, and defend well.

Let's not forget how long it took Fletcher to have his first great season with us.
He's physiologically more like a 19 year old.

He grew 10 inches in a single growth spurt only 2 years ago.

You can't always compare players like for like across ages.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doubted he'd be able to handle it today but did really well. The attitude that Ole has gotten out of everyone is perfect.

Mctominay only dropped concentration once which came to nothing but a bad cross but other than that was really good, considering everything.

Devil may care

Much like with Pereira I thought he was poor passing the ball, but his workrate and composure were good.

drdoityourself

Had a lot of the ball, as Liverpool closed down his other two partners in midfield. He never looked like he could help us build from the back. Held his position but didn't win the ball much in a midfield playing very deep.

Frankly he was okay, the championing of mediocre players here is absurd.
Almost any game he plays we barely muster 30 percent of possession, even Reading at home.

shahzy

Matic??? Gimme a break. Matic has been more or less average for most of his time here.

If you had mentioned someone like Kante, I'd have agreed.
To be fair i did say proper and not world class. Also i kante aint a defensive midfielder, its some myth that has been concocted out of thin air. At leicester where he played his best he was in a midfield 2 with drink water and it was drinkwater who played the slightly deeper of the two.

Either way you just inadvertently confirmed my point. There is a big gulf in class between Scott and Matic and there is another gulf in class between matic and likes of verrati etc. For us we shouldn't be having players like Mctominay in the side but in dire situations like the ones we just had, you really couldnt ask more from a youth team player. Fair play to the lad

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Thought the same as with him and Pereira. Panicky, low quality on the ball but great fighting spirit and workrate shown.

criticalanalysis

Very mature and fairly complete performance for the role he was asked to do.

Players like him and Peirera have a future at Utd imo. It's whether we have a manager and style that will give them enough minutes to make more consistent contributions.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thought he grew into the game & did very well, especially in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.