5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr PG

3 managers appreciate him. Sir Alex, Mourinho, Ole. Yet internet fans who have barely watched him claim he’s average to useless.

Bwuk

Well done McTominay.

Thought he was excellent today, considering the injuries.

ErranMorad

Much like with Pereira I thought he was poor passing the ball, but his workrate and composure were good.
You are right. Both couldn't spot the right pass and were very average with the ball. However, you cannot argue with their work rate. They did well but we need better players next season. Pereira needs to be sold and McTommy needs a loan.

He did very well today, my only issue with him and Pereira today was the passing. Other than that they did very well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Very bad on the ball. Ball is controlling him, too often he does last ditch pass/tackle. He is not our future

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This was his best display for United so far. Thrown in at the deep end and made it look easy.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
My issue with him is that he don’t do any forward passing just sideways passing
It is what it is, he's never going to be a world beater is he but let's see how he progresses over the future once he gains more confidence.

Canagel

his touch is heavy. always seemed to be stretching for the ball and a lot of sideways passing but I'm ok in the end. he did a job for us and did it the best he could.

Devil may care

You are right. Both couldn't spot the right pass and were very average with the ball. However, you cannot argue with their work rate. They did well but we need better players next season. Pereira needs to be sold and McTommy needs a loan.
There will be a lot od praise for the heart and workrate from a few players today and rightly so, but the lack of actual quality in depth is a clear reality.

SAFMUTD

Great game from him, he is clearly not talented enough, so all we can ask for him is work rate and concentration which he offered.

Considering our bench, I think he is the most reliable one to cover Matic.

Kostov

He did his part and I'm pretty happy because he's one of our own academy, in the meantime I'm fecking pleased he didn't cost us. Couple of bad plays that luckily this shit Liverpool team didn't capitalize on.

Loublaze

ATLien
This was his best display for United so far. Thrown in at the deep end and made it look easy.
He wasn't good at all, looked lost whenever he had the ball and Pogba came in deep to help. He actually looked better against them last season.

Bojan11

He was ok.

But he’s always second to every loose ball or 50/50. There was even a time when Mane miscontrolled the ball and he was hesitant to pounce on it.

Based Adnan

Scott McTominay’s game by numbers vs. Liverpool:

most distance covered (11.79km)
84.4% pass accuracy
7 ball recoveries
3 clearances
2 interceptions
2 blocks

More than capable understudy for Matic.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Perhaps everyone saying he was excellent mean relative to expectation. I don’t think he was excellent at all. Him and Pereira both looked scared of the ball, somehow managing to give it away or pass it on the stretch at the last second, even though they received it in acres of space.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was class today, after Shaw I think he was our best player. He’s done well in the big games he’s played.

Jacob

I could hear the crowd frustration with his back passes though

starman

I thought hes been unfair scapegoat under Mourhino and was never as bad as people made out, that said, today I don't think he was as good as people are saying....maybe expectations are so low.
He had a decent game with lots of energy but when on the ball he dwelled on it a lot

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He still needs to be better/more confident with the ball, but his work rate and attitude is up there. I do think he could do with a loan to get used to the ball.

Pleased with his effort and he’s earnt another start next game.

Prongsy

Could only think of this place over the last six months when Ole spoke about him, the way he did. Haha. He even went one extra mile and brought on Fletcher comparison this early. Which tbf is not such an unfair one. Scott's ability to hold his shit together under immense pressure is vastly overlooked by people who post in this thread.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Could only think of this place over the last six months when Ole spoke about him, the way he did. Haha. He even went one extra mile and brought on Fletcher comparison this early. Which tbf is not such an unfair one. Scott's ability to hold his shit together under immense pressure is vastly overlooked by people who post in this thread.
He was terrific today.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent today, some of the posts about him before the match were ridiculous really.

He's a reliable player in games like these. Great option to have at times like these, his composure is great for his age and experience.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Scott McTominay’s game by numbers vs. Liverpool:

most distance covered (11.79km)
84.4% pass accuracy
7 ball recoveries
3 clearances
2 interceptions
2 blocks

More than capable understudy for Matic.
He was solid. Very good game, all things considered;

- Player against a good team that puts pressure on you
- Very often lacked good option infront of him
- We lossed both Mata, Herrera and Lingard (players close to him at the pitch)
- First game in a while. Lacked match fitness

Even Pogba struggeled!

But that does not mean he cant improve. Should be better at making himself available for the defenders and should probably be better at passing forward (but really had few options today). But he is 22. Very few players dominates in midfield at this level at 22.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Played well considering but ultimately not good enough for us.

waza7111

I thought defensively he was excellent but he's a bit limited in possession.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm surprised he's being so highly rated in here. He was decent, but didn't think he was particularly good.

His lack of ability on the ball does hurt. There was one moment in the second half which really summed it all up. McTominay had the ball and Liverpool were just standing off him, he passed it to Pogba and instantly three Liverpool players just converged on Pogba from every direction and gave him no choice but to pass it back to McTominay, and the Liverpool players just relaxed and didn't even really bother pressing. Reminded me of our Europa League final a few years ago, where we just let Davinson Sanchez have the ball because we knew he couldn't really do anything with it while we pressed everyone else.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent showing.

Look, we know he has his limitations and isn't going to be world beater. But you always need players who can step into such a huge game which was full of emotions and required composure from the players who were fit. And he had it. His calmness played a huge part in us playing the way we did and getting the result we got.

Very well done. He's better than Periera for me. He can take pressure well IMO.

kundalini

Good performance.

Competed well when defending most of the corners but Matip beat him one time. One poor touch in the 2nd half that presented them with an opportunity to attack, fortunately Shaw got back to defend.

Of course he could offer more in possession but with Rashford injured, we really didn't have an outlet. Lukaku's movement was not particularly helpful.

Last edited:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I'm surprised he's being so highly rated in here. He was decent, but didn't think he was particularly good.

His lack of ability on the ball does hurt. There was one moment in the second half which really summed it all up. McTominay had the ball and Liverpool were just standing off him, he passed it to Pogba and instantly three Liverpool players just converged on Pogba from every direction and gave him no choice but to pass it back to McTominay, and the Liverpool players just relaxed and didn't even really bother pressing. Reminded me of our Europa League final a few years ago, where we just let Davinson Sanchez have the ball because we knew he couldn't really do anything with it while we pressed everyone else.
In summary, he is not as good as Pogba on the ball, and therefor not good?

OGS singeled out McT after the game as a stand out and good performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.