Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This kid is showing great progress. Calm, good in duels, some nice passes. I thought that he is limited player but last few games changed my mind.

Devil may care

Good performance, showed some quality and composure on the ball and did a good job not letting Arthur settle into the game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mourinho was right. :lol:
He probably was. And that shouldn’t be a laughable opinion. The whole pantomime shit we get into about players and managers doesn’t allow any middle ground. It’s quite possible that Mourinho was the wrong manager for Manchester United but also competent at many of the things you need from a top manager. Including an eye for talent.

See also Lindelof, Fred and Dalot.

NinjaFletch

He showed glimpses of this quality in a few games under Mourinho, but that mostly got ignored under the memeing about how he is tall, so I'm glad to see that there was a lot more of it to come.

And tbf, we need it to. We're down to the bare bones in midfield, anyone that looks like they might be able to step up will save us cash to improve other areas.

Bwuk

I’d start him every game from now on.

Massive fan of McTominay.

kundalini

I thought he was our best performer tonight, marginally ahead of Fred and De Gea.

Slightly surprised he didn't win a penalty. Would have been soft but there was contact after he'd beaten his man.

Super pass into Martial late on that should have been a decent chance.

Didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

To really discover what he can do, and to give him the best chance to improve, we need to be giving him 20+ PL starts next season.

Last edited:

Patrick08

He probably was. And that shouldn’t be a laughable opinion. The whole pantomime shit we get into about players and managers doesn’t allow any middle ground. It’s quite possible that Mourinho was the wrong manager for Manchester United but also competent at many of the things you need from a top manager. Including an eye for talent.

I was referring to him giving young player of the year award. Of course his tactics don't take away years of his exp .

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

Lindelof, Fred, Dalot, McTominay, dropping Pogba when he was acting the bollocks, casting Valencia aside...

He wasn't all bad ;)

Shame he fecked it up for himself

R'hllor

There never was a reason to have a go at JM for McT, sure there were people who said how JM used McT as proof of him trusting and promoting youth but that came mostly from people who couldnt stand JM at the time. Regardless of his true motives, he gave a chance to McT, he saw something what he liked in him and nobody can take that away from him.

Cliche Guevara

Thought he was great tonight. Quite skilful too.

He was quite impressive in some of his earlier performances so could be the type to really grow into being a United player.

J_XO

Class performance tonight. I have doubted him many many times but he's put in fantastic performances against quality sides like PSG and Barcelona. Looked very composed.

Tarrou

21 and totally under rated on here. Helped us win the PSG away game and MOTM against Barca.
If he had an o on the end of his name and wasn’t from the UK, fans would be raving about him.
Pretty much everyone is raving about him!

Quality today

Canagel

And didn't know how to use him properly. He made McT look worse by pairing him with two other cloggers like Matic and Fellaini or in CB. Ole is using him with another mobile midfielder like Fred and the partnership looks suited for both players.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fantastic tonight. He’s not in Fletchers mould at all though. Only thing they have in common is that they’re Scottish.

passing-wind

He was quality tonight, keep saying to show Herrera the door as Scott has proven he's ready for a more regular squad role.

OldTrevil

Good outing tonight, has an easiness about how he does things, a good sign. Early days though, he still needs a lot more in his locker if he wants to be a regular in midfield built around Pogba. Time is on his side so he needs to keep his head down and work to improve all aspects of his game. Potentially a Fletcher and not because he's a scot

Cabin Clown

An absolute revelation. My MOTM with Fred and Smalling. Can see him starting with us for the next 10 years.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If he was playing for a hipster club in Europe, we’d be creaming over ourselves to snap him up before anyone else did.

roseguy64

Thought he needed a loan and playing regularly to blossom. Those injuries to Herrera and Matic a few weeks ago came at the right time for him and he's gone from strength to strength since then. Also, selling Fellaini freed up space for him.

m1tch

Another top performance, he (and a few others) deserved so much better from those in front of him tonight.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've always said he's got a head on him, all through everyone giving him stick. Very confident and solid.

RedIan

Really impressed with him tonight. Worked hard closing down,some very nice skill glimpses on the ball that i didnt know he had and most of all looked assured and composed on the ball.
I was very unsure that he was good enough to be a united player but he has won me over in his last 2-3 games.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He was immense tonight. When you consider the quality of opposition, that's one of the best individual performances post-Fergie.

Status
Not open for further replies.