Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Been one of the bright sparks of an otherwise dismal season. His effort and application are admirable, i think he can play a bit too. Probably our best player yesterday.

One of the few who has his head in the right place in this team.

roseguy64

It's weird that he has been in and out of the team in the past few weeks. He should have been a.constant
He's not been fit enough apparently. One of the casualties of the lack of fitness for the team. Or he was injured. He had failed a fitness test.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Whilst I agree on McTominay and Greenwood, why on earth have you made your decision on Chong? Hasn't even played a full half of league football yet. That's not even bringing Gomes into the discussion.
I saw him play with the young ones many times and wasn't impressed so much by him.
I would rather like to get Zaha.

Wallez

McTominay has to be a starter for us next year. He is one of the few players that seem to actually care about the club, and always puts in a good shift when given the chance. He has shown that he can be relied on against teams like City, Liverpool, PSG and Barcelona, and while his top level is nowhere near Pogba, his bottom level seems to be very high. Can't remember him having a poor game for us. Bring in a new RB and RW to bolster out right side, and play McTominay as RCM in our 433 system.

ForestRGoinUp

McTominay has to be a starter for us next year. He is one of the few players that seem to actually care about the club, and always puts in a good shift when given the chance. He has shown that he can be relied on against teams like City, Liverpool, PSG and Barcelona, and while his top level is nowhere near Pogba, his bottom level seems to be very high. Can't remember him having a poor game for us. Bring in a new RB and RW to bolster out right side, and play McTominay as RCM in our 433 system.
And so it begins...the new 'puts in a shift' guy.

Raven

I saw him play with the young ones many times and wasn't impressed so much by him.
I would rather like to get Zaha.
Yeah, fair enough. I don't rate Chong as highly as Gomes or Greenwood, who I think both have a good chance of breaking through.

JoaquinJoaquin

I must admit i've gone full 180 with McTominay. Never really rated him in the Youth team and wasn't really impressed last season, but he has been excellent since Xmas and has the attitude I wish other members of the squad have. McTominay is the perfect epitomy of a squad player, not a Lingard who's contributions have actually got worse (less running now than ever).

Web of Bissaka

Looks like he might have been on his phone to me
:D Yeah, seems like he's just going out of the dressing room for fresher air and space, then using his phone while likely waiting for the others in the locker room to be done.

His face is often like that, somewhat serious or poker-face.

The three speakers are making too much meal out of it. Interesting huge interpretations they're making there. Like us, they're just appreciating his efforts in the disappointing game based from the comments they made afterwards.

Wallez

And so it begins...the new 'puts in a shift' guy.
Unfortunately we are in possession of a squad where most players doesn't care about the club, and the very few that do aren't good enough. McTominay has shown that he has the abilities to compete at the top level, while also having a fantastic mentality and fighting spirit. I prefer McTominay ahead of an unmotivated Pogba any day of the week.

Irwin99

He had an obvious positional/tactical quality under Jose but looks to be developing more into a number 8 under Ole. Will be interesting to see how it goes for him.

Woodenlung

McTominay could be a good water carrier for the team. Breaking up attacks and getting forward when applicable. But if an emphasis is out on him to help build attacks we're in trouble. He's not good enough on the ball.

Also, if that's the role we have in mind for him I'd be more inclined to give that to Fred. He's a better ball winner I think.

Bwuk

McTominay could be a good water carrier for the team. Breaking up attacks and getting forward when applicable. But if an emphasis is out on him to help build attacks we're in trouble. He's not good enough on the ball.

Also, if that's the role we have in mind for him I'd be more inclined to give that to Fred. He's a better ball winner I think.
I’d have McTominay in the team every day of the week over Fred.

dbs235

Would get into Liverpool's midfield but not good enough for us?

Our problem is somewhere else (hint: weak attack, fullbacks).
Negative I know, but he wouldn't. And our problems are all over the pitch sadly. A signing in any position should easily improve us.

NJM78

If this guy is starting for us next season week in week out then we all really need to except being a top half team each season. Squad player at best.

Loublaze

ATLien
If this guy is starting for us next season week in week out then we all really need to except (accept) being a top half team each season. Squad player at best.
We're pathetic. This guy wouldn't even get in Liverpool's U23 team

Loublaze

ATLien
Been on here 10 years with nearly 16k posts and you'recoming up with shite like this. Pathetic.
Sorry to let you down sweetheart. Actually im not. Its the truth, this club is going down the drain on and off the pitch. McTominay wouldn't make the bench for any other top 6 club

edcunited1878

We're pathetic. This guy wouldn't even get in Liverpool's U23 team
Gotta give him the chance to develop and improve. He's getting into the United squad because he's got the right attitude and can contribute enough at the moment.

He's the least of the worries. Can't bash a player for taking his chances when called upon when others aren't doing it.

Loublaze

ATLien
Gotta give him the chance to develop and improve. He's getting into the United squad because he's got the right attitude and can contribute enough at the moment.

He's the least of the worries. Can't bash a player for taking his chances when called upon when others aren't doing it.
He's taking his chances and he does have the right attitude but I don't think he's good enough for a team that's supposed to be chasing silverware. I certainly hope he proves himself worthy but I just don't see it.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's taking his chances and he does have the right attitude but I don't think he's good enough for a team that's supposed to be chasing silverware. I certainly hope he proves himself worthy but I just don't see it.
I thought the same of Milner and Henderson to be fair. But yes, our team needs a lot of work for any of our players right now to make Liverpool's U23s.

Loublaze

ATLien
I was joking too but I think your points are fair, if we are to be competitive we can't be carrying mediocrity but I still feel McTominay deserves a chance.
I agree, and he's getting it. Im just looking at our rivals and succumbing to ennui and despair at the state of this club. I don't believe McTominay would be playing for any of our top rivals but i'll give him a chance (like I have a choice :lol:)

Loublaze

ATLien
Sensational headline but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to fruition. United's own Henderson? The new Fletcher? We're going places!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-decides-one-15009776

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is ready to build his new-look Manchester United side around young midfielder Scott McTominay.

McTominay was one of few United players to emerge with credit from Sunday's abject 1-1 draw at relegated Huddersfield , which consigned Solskjaer's side to the Europa League next season.

The 22-year-old Scotland star scored for United and played with industry and purpose throughout, while the rest of Solskjaer's players failed to match his desire and work-rate.

McTominay, who made his first-team debut two years ago, was hailed as United's player of the season a year ago by former boss Jose Mourinho and his since gone from strength to strength.

Although United are in the market for at least one new midfielder this summer, with Ander Herrera leaving and Paul Pogba pushing for a move to Real Madrid , Solskjaer sees McTominay as an automatic starter next season and a key figure in his rebuilding project.

McTominay's progress was rewarded with a new deal in January until 2023, with the option of a further year, and Solskjaer has been impressed with the way he has performed in a difficult season.

Solskjaer has already likened McTominay to former United and Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher, who also came through the ranks of the club, enjoying a glittering 12-year career there.

Reddy Rederson

Sensational headline but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to fruition. United's own Henderson? The new Fletcher? We're going places!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-decides-one-15009776

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is ready to build his new-look Manchester United side around young midfielder Scott McTominay.

McTominay was one of few United players to emerge with credit from Sunday's abject 1-1 draw at relegated Huddersfield , which consigned Solskjaer's side to the Europa League next season.

The 22-year-old Scotland star scored for United and played with industry and purpose throughout, while the rest of Solskjaer's players failed to match his desire and work-rate.

McTominay, who made his first-team debut two years ago, was hailed as United's player of the season a year ago by former boss Jose Mourinho and his since gone from strength to strength.

Although United are in the market for at least one new midfielder this summer, with Ander Herrera leaving and Paul Pogba pushing for a move to Real Madrid , Solskjaer sees McTominay as an automatic starter next season and a key figure in his rebuilding project.

McTominay's progress was rewarded with a new deal in January until 2023, with the option of a further year, and Solskjaer has been impressed with the way he has performed in a difficult season.

Solskjaer has already likened McTominay to former United and Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher, who also came through the ranks of the club, enjoying a glittering 12-year career there.
The mirror :lol: McT has a future, but building a team around him? Never.

ForestRGoinUp

I was joking, but he wouldn't get anywhere near Liverpool's bench or any of our top rivals IMO
He wouldn’t start for several teams below us either.

Edit: And several of them might look at their bench options and think nah we’re okay

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I was joking, but he wouldn't get anywhere near Liverpool's bench or any of our top rivals IMO
You know they regularly play Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum in midfield right?

Un4givableB

He's a decent premiership player who's good at following orders that's why Jose liked him, he can do a job here but if he played for Leicester City or Bournemouth we wouldn't buy him.

VojjE

The mirror :lol: McT has a future, but building a team around him? Never.
I mean, building a team around him would mean bringing in talent to play in the other roles in midfield, and that would be in areas we are sorely lacking in so in a way it does make sense to build around McTominay. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.