22 Appearances
2 Goals
2 Yellow cards
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 11, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY Full Member

Well,

He really was rested for the Belgium game.
  2. Jun 12, 2019

Dve New Member

I think he´s been quite consistent, to be honest, maybe the most consistent United player after he got a run of games under Ole. He did well tonight, and he´s a player I personally have great belief in. If Pogba stays, and Fernandes signs, I don´t think there will be any more midfielders coming in.
  3. Jun 12, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY Full Member

Group of midfield Pogba, Bruno, McT, Fred, Rabiot, Gomes. That’s a massive upgrade from last season.

No Matic. No Mata & also Pereira.

Sadly I don’t think it’ll happen. Matic will still be our no 6 and Mata will be offered a new contract.
  4. Jun 12, 2019

flappyjay Full Member

He seems to be getting more confident on the ball, even trying the roulette. The Carrick influence continues to show.
  5. Jun 12, 2019

The Nani New Member

Looking forward to his progress next season. Really think he’ll be a quality player for us for years to come.
  6. Jun 12, 2019

The Nani New Member

Why discard Pereira. I actually think he’ll surprise quite a few people next season if he gets the chance. Garner should also get some opportunities.

We need to be rid of old man Matic.
  7. Jun 12, 2019

Thiagoal Full Member

I personally wouldn't be so quick to write Matic off. Last season he came back in straight after a World Cup and he never looked that sharp to me! Hopefully with a good rest and pre season he can prove his worth
  8. Jun 12, 2019

Mcking Full Member

No, he wasn't not. He's never being a guaranteed starter for Scotland. The Scots do not have the squad to be resting players against a team they can beat, in preparation for a team they can't beat. It is cringeworthy that he is being praised for his performance for Scotland against Belgium, but hey ho.. Standards and all that.
  9. Jun 12, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Why? Did you watch the game? What makes you cringe about the praise he’s been getting for his performance?
  10. Jun 12, 2019

Nialinho Full Member

Totally agree it's cringy the praise he's getting, he had an okay game at best and was at fault for the first goal! People need to remember he's 22 years old not an 18 year old kid. I'm all for promoting youth and I hope he continues to improve but there's a lot of people on here who think he's waaay better than he is.
  11. Jun 12, 2019

Mcking Full Member

His performance was nothing to write home about. He was not hugely better than the likes of McLean and McGregor who played with him in midfield. Belgium utterly dominated the game and Scotland couldn't get near them. Fraser was the one that really showed some bit of quality for Scotland.
  12. Jun 12, 2019

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    Ok. Grand. I didn’t watch the game. Was watching James playing for Wales instead.
  13. Jun 12, 2019

Johan07 Full Member

Its a midfield with just 8s and 10s though. Who is going to do the defensive work? Pogba, Fred, Rabiot and Bruno Fernandes would compete for the same two offensive midfield positions. McT is better at 8 than as a 6 as well. Pereira is an 8 also and I agree that he should go just because we are stacked there and he is just not good enough compared to the others.
    I think - like you - that Matic will stay for one more year, and since Gomes also is an 8/10 and not physically ready I would prefer Garner, who is a 6, for the "youth-place" in the midfield part of the squad. He could use a year learning from Matic.
    So maybe Pogba, Bruno F, McT, Fred, Matic, Garner and I would seriously look at a more of a ballwinner to complement that setup. Gueye maybe. Your squad is way to offensive IMO.
  14. Jun 12, 2019

ForestRGoinUp New Member

Not that you need me, but I am here to fight this fight and to die on this hill with you.
  15. Jun 22, 2019

haram Full Member

16. Jun 22, 2019

Isotope Full Member

Supports:
    Ole Ole Ole
    This guy would cost at least 30m if we bought him now, after last year performance. One of the players I'm looking forward to next season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.