5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strats

I was hoping he'll go out on loan this season. We have 6 midfielders ahead of him.
Same here. With Pereira returning it would have been an excellent opportunity to loan him out for a full season elsewhere.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He can still join a Championship or side abroad until the 31st. I expect he'll stay and just never get to play because Mourinho would rather have the option just in case.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I was hoping he'll go out on loan this season. We have 6 midfielders ahead of him.
seriously what qualities he has any of the premier league teams would like to use him for? chamnpionship is still open but even that I don't think he has qualities to compete on that level too, he would lose his only a bit of advantage being tall and physical, everybody's "fighting" in championship.. other than that he's a terrible passer not exactly ball winner due to him being slow on turn and suspect positionally. Even a player like Ben Pearson who's much better player started in League 1. He will be and we will be stuck with him for another season but luckily for us and unluckily for him there's plenty of midfielders to play ahead of him so we don't see him very often. we might see him tonight though.

Prongsy

Seeing luke shaw goal now on multi angle replays, gives me lot of hope for both our football, and this fecking kid. Not only was all our players doing their thing, and Mata had seen Shaw making a run before he got the ball to play to Shaw. but McTominay had to have sense of "i know i can pass back, but i have to do something more urgent, and important with the ball I have now", to immediately pass back to Mata, at a faster pace, that literally kick started that final ball move. It maybe a simple pass and really nothing creative about it. But I genuinely am glad we have a footballer who can do that than not.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I think with an abundance of midfielders it might be best to give him a loan move to kick on with his progress. Unless there's an injury crisis Pogba, Fred, Matic, Pereira, Herrera and Fellaini are all ahead in the pecking order.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He played one good quick 3yard pass to Mata before the goal and then absolutely poor pass back to deGea, where striker nearly got it, sums up mcTominay, he will never be a good enough midfielder for us apart other things, he's just very erratic passer

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I despair at the comments about this guy here. I predict a big season ahead for him. He takes up good positions and has a nice tempo and pace to his passing. His decisions are usually correct. He is quick over 5 yards. He wins tackles. He can compete in the air. I would like to see him develop some shooting threat but this will come with confidence.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Surprised a loan hasn't been suggested. He now has two more midfielders ahead of him in the squad. Can't see where the minutes come from.

IrishRedDevil

Jose will keep him and play him from time to time to make his point. There is no way he is loaning the ‘mangers player of the year.’

Loublaze

ATLien
i think he may well develop into a ball playing center half
I think he'll develop into a b2b midfielder. He can be a threat in attack and has been deployed further up the field in the youth set up. I think the boy is more skillful than he's shown under Mourinho's rigid system.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I like him but he should get docked wages for that fecking pass around 85th minute that put them on a counter and the way he 'sprinted' back. Lukaku who was working his ass off had to cover up for him and he was nowhere near the player he lost the ball to. So casual.

Zoo

That pass was criminal. It’s not good enough.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I like him but he should get docked wages for that fecking pass around 85th minute that put them on a counter and the way he 'sprinted' back. Lukaku who was working his ass off had to cover up for him and he was nowhere near the player he lost the ball to. So casual.
I agree. It was crazy how it was Lukaku who made the effort to come back

Red-17

What is he better at than Pereira? Yeah he's tall, but it's not like he's some physical beast out their like Fellaini or Deeney. I just struggle to see why he deserves minutes at the moment. He is just an incredibly limited footballer as much as I hate to say it.

dove

What is he better at than Pereira? Yeah he's tall, but it's not like he's some physical beast out their like Fellaini or Deeney. I just struggle to see why he deserves minutes at the moment. He is just an incredibly limited footballer as much as I hate to say it.
He isn't. He isn't even better than most of the players we have in reserves.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very fortunate Herrera’s injured. Looked asleep after coming on. I know Jose values his height when defending but he offered nothing.

Red-17

He isn't. He isn't even better than most of the players we have in reserves.
I mean I can't even think of a single attribute that he's better at. Not even comparable ability on the ball or overall intelligence. Pereira is just as aggressive defensively and uses his body better despite being half the size. One player has the potential to start for us for a long time and the other will do well to make it at a premier league club. I don't get what Mourinho sees in him.

He needs to go out on loan - he won't develop properly coming on as a sub every now and again.

Jev

Everyone knows he's not nearly talented enough to make it here and will be gone soon enough. Mourinho as well, he's just using him as an example to spur on other players.

Seij

I mean I can't even think of a single attribute that he's better at. Not even comparable ability on the ball or overall intelligence. Pereira is just as aggressive defensively and uses his body better despite being half the size. One player has the potential to start for us for a long time and the other will do well to make it at a premier league club. I don't get what Mourinho sees in him.
He's 193cm, keeps his passes simple (not necessarily by choice), and works hard on the pitch. He's Mourinho's ideal player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maybe strangest decision of all managers in post fergie era. He is just not good. And will not be. I know that jose likes that kind of players but he is just bang average. And that ball control.. wow, for midfielder it is unacceptable

Redo91

Really random how Jose seems to like him. It’s not like he’s 17/18. Don’t understand why he is getting games ahead of Pereira when he has a fraction of his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.