6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Motm. Was basically on his own in the middle until Fred came on.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good game. No complaints. He was bound to be better next to an actual DM, though.

That run to the corner flag was very nice to see us over the line.

tjb

He's clearly a box to box midfielder. He was everywhere. Legitimately driving us forward at time. He, wan bissaka, ddg, Mcguire are certainties for where we want to be. Hopefully a few more can show their quality. Push Pogba higher when he comes back, and lets see what he does with Fred.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
One of his best performances. Far more suited as the box to box but unfortunately our best hope as a defensive mid too. Good to see him looking very good on the ball today in addition to the usual work rate and ball winning.

LLMU

Every good game from him. Covers every inch of the field. Real warrior especially that challenge on Chilwell in the first half.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
His mentality was spot on. He stepped up big time today. Fair play to him.

It is what it is isn't it, he's always going to be limited on the ball, but he offers a lot of physicality in midfield.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Dominated the midfield and completely shut down '£150m rated Maddison' :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was excellent. He will have his inconsistent games but overall he’s a very tidy and intelligent player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely growing for us. It wasn't that long ago you saw his name and wondered what on earth he was in there for.

Put him with the right couple of players in midfield though and it can work.

Great run late on, showed a find appreciation of the situation for a rookie.

Mr PG

One of my favorite players gets held back by having to cover to Pogba...very good game.

Untd55

Average player. I don't see where people are seeing the class in him. He has very little ability.

Anytime he attempts to be creative with his passing, he loses the ball. He is a very poor passer for a Manutd midfielder. His possession only remains higher because he does a lot of nothing passes, which inflates his accuracy.

He takes an age to make a decision on the ball. The amount of times he loses possession is ridiculous.

The only things he is good at are: being big, so he can run with the ball (this usually ends up in him losing it, though.) and out jump other players (even then, he isn't very good at heading).

skeelz

Great performance today. Needs to be more consistent which is a big 'ask' for a young player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think that kind of game suits him, a war of attrition. It's when the onus is on us to create against a low block that he looks very limited.
But are ‘war of attrition’ games not caused by his inclusion in the team?

I don’t disagree that he’s most effective when we haven’t got the ball, and are require dogged midfield performances (PSG away last season).

A central midfield of Matic and McTominay saw us hold 42% possession at home against Leicester City. That’s pretty terrible.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He plays better without Pogba.
It's his role; not so much Pogba. Ole, for some reason, plays him as a DM in a 2 with Pogba which hinders them both. For Scotland he was deployed as a DM in both of their recent games and was terrible there, too.

When Pogba comes back he needs to stay in this box to box role, next to an actual DM (as bad as our options are for said role), with Pogba more advanced and I'm sure we'll see a better balanced team/midfield.

Tarrou

Average player. I don't see where people are seeing the class in him. He has very little ability.

Anytime he attempts to be creative with his passing, he loses the ball. He is a very poor passer for a Manutd midfielder. His possession only remains higher because he does a lot of nothing passes, which inflates his accuracy.

He takes an age to make a decision on the ball. The amount of times he loses possession is ridiculous.

The only things he is good at are: being big, so he can run with the ball (this usually ends up in him losing it, though.) and out jump other players (even then, he isn't very good at heading).
:lol:

Irwin99

Decent performance , drove us forward at times and got stuck into tackles.

Eriku

:lol:

AneRu

Very good game from him, benefited from not playing as the holding midfielder.

Classical Mechanic

But are ‘war of attrition’ games not caused by his inclusion in the team?

I don’t disagree that he’s most effective when we haven’t got the ball, and are require dogged midfield performances (PSG away last season).

A central midfield of Matic and McTominay saw us hold 42% possession at home against Leicester City. That’s pretty terrible.
Oh I agree, looking at the stats for the game and its pretty rancid, highest pass completion was 85%, created next to nothing, it was basically a Mourinho display, probably why McT was so good :D

Stadjer

Decent game but i really dont think that he should be a starter if there is any ambition to win the league or CL.

At the moment he is our best midfielder after Pogba though. We really need two other midfielders to play with Pogba so McT wont have to start games anymore.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Really good but that needless freekick he gave away at the edge of the box annoyed me. Needs to do better in these situations. On another day Maddison buries that and it's 1-1 and we're fecked again.

Eriku

For a club that has Gary Neville as one of its legends, very few people on here seem to appreciate commitment... McT definitely has that in spades.

KennyBurner

Bar 2 passes, thought he was poor on the ball.
This right here. I think what I expect from a midfielder is a bit different from what the cafe expects. If he learns to move well with the ball without kicking it too far we might actually have more control over the game. Not saying he didnt have a good game because he did provide a lot of energy but he is way too sloppy on the ball. Good tackles and recoveries here and there but he needs to focus on his dribbling and control of the ball or its just a waste.

meamth

Bar 2 passes, thought he was poor on the ball.
Confused, did you watch the game?

The lad is a powerhouse. Sometimes play it simple, sometimes he made great penetrating runs.

McT is steadily becoming our most solid CM.

He'sRaldo

This right here. I think what I expect from a midfielder is a bit different from what the cafe expects. If he learns to move well with the ball without kicking it too far we might actually have more control over the game. Not saying he didnt have a good game because he did provide a lot of energy but he is way too sloppy on the ball. Good tackles and recoveries here and there but he needs to focus on his dribbling and control of the ball or its just a waste.
Yup, that's why he can't play deep without a technical partner helping him.

His energy, though, is very good and useful, especially in end to end games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.