Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dcent shift from McSauce. As he is not the magic ingredient in the recipe, plain to see need another player in the midfield area. If you ask him to sit deep and start play but also play as an offensive number 8 he is doomed to failure. I think if we get in a really good offensive midfielder, there is no reason why Scott cannot become another water carrier like Descamps or slightly more creative deep-lying playmaker like Pirlo. Decent game today.

AJ10

Confused, did you watch the game?

The lad is a powerhouse. Sometimes play it simple, sometimes he made great penetrating runs.

McT is steadily becoming our most solid CM.
Yes I did watch the game and he gave the ball away many times with straight forward passes.

His passing was off just like last game, nothing to do with being a powerhouse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was excellent bar a few sloppy tackles and the foul on tielemans.

Really set about with determination and tackled with aggression, no pussy footing around like Matic and pereira.

we need a lot of changes in this team but Scott’s isn’t one of them.

Dinghy

Got stuck in and did ok, but his passing quality is just miles off where it should be.

ravi2

Average player. I don't see where people are seeing the class in him. He has very little ability.

Anytime he attempts to be creative with his passing, he loses the ball. He is a very poor passer for a Manutd midfielder. His possession only remains higher because he does a lot of nothing passes, which inflates his accuracy.

He takes an age to make a decision on the ball. The amount of times he loses possession is ridiculous.

The only things he is good at are: being big, so he can run with the ball (this usually ends up in him losing it, though.) and out jump other players (even then, he isn't very good at heading).
Get serious, he was fantastic today
If you were around when Park and Fletcher played you would have probably slagged them off too

Untd55

Get serious, he was fantastic today
If you were around when Park and Fletcher played you would have probably slagged them off too
I was very much around then. Park and Fletcher were far better than McTominay - not even close. He is just large and cumbersome.

Also, another point is that they were never first team until we stopped properly investing in the squad (loss of Ronaldo, Tevez and Scholes etc.).

Sylar

Yes I did watch the game and he gave the ball away many times with straight forward passes.

His passing was off just like last game, nothing to do with being a powerhouse.
7 giveaways but also completed the most passes from our players. So yeah

kundalini

Well he certainly got stuck in; not sure if that was the plan or not.

Caught in possession too often in the first half. Stupid error to concede the free-kick near the edge of our box, got to be more careful in that position.

4 successful dribbles out of 6 attempts; all a bit weird.

Don't think he's been that great so far this season but equally, he's not been that bad either. A lot of his off-the-ball defensive work is very good, filling in for various players when they attack.

Could do with tightening up his passing. Seems to make one or two careless short passes per match.

SoCross

He plays better as a 8. When Pogba is back, it has to be a 3 man midfield with Fred holding and Scott given freedom to play box to box

AJ10

7 giveaways but also completed the most passes from our players. So yeah
So that erases the fact he gave away the ball with straight forward passes? That isn't a difficult skill for a pro, that part needs improving not sure why people are being defensive about it.

Sylar

So that erases the fact he gave away the ball with straight forward passes? That isn't a difficult skill for a pro, that part needs improving not sure why people are being defensive about it.
Im not disagreeing or agreeing with you. Just giving you stats to back up your point.
Overall id rather Scott + 1 (or 2) vs Matic + 1
But yeah, the passing in general from our players is not great.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Runs like hell. Best performance so far. Ole ball needs energy in the team and he can provide some.

Himannv

I thought that was a good performance on the whole. Lacks a bit of quality at time with so many roles to play but he's certainly a starter for us at the moment. We really need a top DLP who can shield the defence as well as spray it around. McT works as the more defensive B2B and Pogba as the more offensive one.

Raven

Regardless or not of whether you think he's good enough, in the long term, he had a very good performance today.

Halftrack

Happy with him today. Combative and works hard. Also has an amazing ability to avoid cards.

RedDevilRoshi

His passing still leaves a lot to be desired about but he did work his socks off. Every time Tielemans had the ball, Scott was right on top of him and didn’t give him anytime to settle and control the midfield.

ottosec

He put on a good shift as always, but he was very poor on the ball and his positioning is suspect at best. After Matic was subbed, he and Fred were all over the place, Ole had to bring Tuanzebe on to cover for them.

People calling it a great performance are surely having a laugh.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Don't know how he escaped a yellow today. He had how many fouls? More than half a dozen dozen, no?

Trondivan

Won all his tackles today.
31/38 passes completed (Best of ours)
4/6 takeons (Best of ours)
7 ball recoveries
2 interceptions.

Young lad - a captain in the making.

LoCalXT

Players like Soctty are needed in every squad. Ihe can fill in when needed and will always produce a minimum 6/10 performances

Gordon S

I like him, works his socks of every game and not afraid to get stuck in if needed to. Felt sorry for him today, Matic was a statue for long periods

Walters_19_MuFc

Enter James Gardner
Maybe. Be nice to see that.

I just look at other double pivots in the past that have worked well and they always consist of a deeplying playmaker and a ball winner.

In McTominay we have a ball winner. Ole is relying on Pogba to be our deeplying playmaker, but he's not patient enough to play that role.

If Garner can come in and fulfil that role then I'd be over the moon. If not, we need to bring someone in. I think we need someone regardless of Garner anyway, to be honest.

haram

He is a box to box midfielder, we cannot go back to the Pogba - McTominay midfield.

settembrini

One of his best performances for us so far. I was never impressed with him under Mourinho but he's developed very quickly under Solskjaer and is totally deserving of his starting role right now.

Sterling Archer

Brilliant again today, alot of fans miss what he does but he is very reliable. Proud of him.
He was immense today. It felt like a coming of age performance. I'm talking about the way he battled and made what we all expected to be a passable midfield with Matic, one that was a much tougher ride for Leicester. The one tackle on Chillwell, he went in hard, almost expected to see him give the lad a hand up. Instead he walked over for some water. It was Keane-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.