6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

Looks to be a top midfielder in the making. Really impressed with his quick feet today. For a big lad he's very nimble on the ball.

mjstokes85

I like him a lot, been one of the better players so far this seasons, seems like a good well grounded lad as well. Our best player vs Arsenal.

settembrini

I gave him a 7 but if he had scored that header it would have been a 9. Another good performance.

MyDevil

Should have scored on the header. But, overall, he has been our best performer thus far.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
‘He is no Duncan Edwards,’ noted The Independent in the wake of Scott McTominay bossing the midfield for Manchester United against Arsenal on Monday night. ‘But in a period when mediocrity is the Old Trafford standard he floods the space around him with light.’

McTominay must by now be used to scratching around for the praise he deserves. So often, it comes with a caveat themed around United’s great midfielders of the past. Edwards, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Bryan Robson he ain’t. But only Edwards, Keane, Scholes and Robson were.

Are other young players damned with the same faint praise? Do you hear of Harry Winks: ‘Tidy, but he’s no Glenn Hoddle’? Tammy Abraham: ‘He’s scoring goals but he’s not Didier Drogba.’
https://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-time-to-stop-damning-mctominay-with-faint-praise

koop

Said it a while ago, he will be one of our best players in the future.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Certainly deserved.

He's turned from looking utterly limited, and only anywhere near the squad due to his height and strength, to there never being a mention when he starts.
Developing well, which we can't say for many people!
Yeah, you can see clear progress in his game. His close control, passing, shooting everything has improved, or at least he has more confidence when the shoots and passes the ball now and is not afraid to take on defenders.

Grande

One of our best players in the bad patch last season, and one of our best now. He is already an provement on Fellaini, and is tarting to close in on Herrera at his best level.

Raven

He's becoming a very good player, need Fred in the midfield with him and Pogba though, it would make us so much stronger.

AmanNits04

I am thoroughly impressed by James and Mctominay. These are only two players who make me happy when I watch United these days.
He deserved the player of the month!

KennyBurner

Yeah, you can see clear progress in his game. His close control, passing, shooting everything has improved, or at least he has more confidence when the shoots and passes the ball now and is not afraid to take on defenders.
Everything has improved but his close control. This is the worst aspect of his game. It’s the reason he is more suited to a box to box rather than DM. He can’t trap the ball or move with it properly without loosing control.

AZ Alkmaar 0:0 Man Utd

el3mel

Improved our midfield a bit when he came but it was too late. He might be our best midfielder now form wise which is kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

TheReligion

Abusive
This lad is great isn't he? When he came on tonight, even for 5 minutes, showed everyone why he's head and shoulders above anything in our midfield at the moment (Fred, Matic etc).

He actually passed the ball forward, drove into space on and off the ball and increased the tempo. I'd go as far to say if he'd started the game we'd have won it.

dev1l

I m glad he finished the game unscratched considering his importance for the team.

Ace of Spades

The moment he came on, we improved in CM. Slid the ball between the lines and fed the player in a dangerous position, needed more of that. Matic, Fred and Mata were an embarrassment out there.

Stadjer

I still think he is only a average to good player but in this current Manchester United team he is one of the better players...

Walters_19_MuFc

Played a fantastic pass into Lingard, who should have done better. Our most consistent midfielder now, which isn't exactly hard, but he's really stepped up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I seriously don't think he would stick out in far better teams than ours. I don't see why he wouldn't be a starter for better teams than us, and that's something that can't be said for majority of our players.

tomaldinho1

I seriously don't think he would stick out in far better teams than ours. I don't see why he wouldn't be a starter for better teams than us, and that's something that can't be said for majority of our players.
This is what I'm debating. I like him, I think he has potential but is it just our team that's made him suddenly become a good player, how would he fare in a top midfield with some actual competition. Hopefully we will see at some point in the future!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure it's ridiculous. He's quality.
Yeah it seems he's still unfashionable with a lot of people, I suspect it's a nationality thing and like Fletcher he'll never get the credit he deserves

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This is what I'm debating. I like him, I think he has potential but is it just our team that's made him suddenly become a good player, how would he fare in a top midfield with some actual competition. Hopefully we will see at some point in the future!
Other than experience I don't see a lot of difference between him and Henderson and that's certainly not a slight on the Liverpool captain

AlwaysRed66

Didn't I read somewhere he started more forward on the pitch than he does now. He seems to be able to drive forward at opponents, like against Arsenal, & I wonder what he could do if he played as a more attacking midfielder. Of course doing that would mean we had less quality at DM, though shouldn't be playing two of them, except against top sides anyway. Interesting if against Newcastle Matic sat back, & allowed McTominay & Pogba to push forward. Manager would probably be too much of a coward to risk that against the mighty Newcastle.

Devil may care

Did more in a few minutes than Matic and Fred managed all game, with a nice through ball for Lingard.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Improved our midfield a bit when he came but it was too late. He might be our best midfielder now form wise which is kinda ridiculous when you think about it.
He doesn’t have talent like Keane, Scholes or even Carrick. But he has potential to make it here. First of all, he has the right fundamentals in his mentally & attitude to be United player, that’s 1 big plus. Every team need a player who works his socks off to help the world class around him and I think he can be one of those player like Jordan Henderson for example.

So it’s not ridiculous to even think he’s one of our best midfielder. He has potential to play in our starting XI but right now we are lacking world class players or top class players around him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Honestly, if Sissoko can make it in Spurs XI. I don’t see why McTomminay can’t make it there. Unless if you really rate Sissoko that high.

Based Adnan

Most passes in opposition half, joint most completed dribbles with 10 and is top for tackles per 90 in our team

Status
Not open for further replies.