6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalyTime

I think Mctominay is fast becoming another Roy Keane. Beyond his leadership ability, he's showing fantastic skill on the ball, scoring goals, and creating opportunities - all while being our best DM. There's no other 22 year old midfielder in the prem with his quality.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think it’s one of the few players we can say has really improved under Ole

I think Mourinho saw him purely as a defensive midfielder. He wasn’t given any license to play. Just break up play and make the most simplest of passes was his role. So it is really great to see the trust that is being put in him. Arguably our best player this season so far
I think he's a lad who you can give a job to, and he will do that job. Mourinho liked him for that reason I believe. I think he will play a similar role for Ole, until we get adequate midfield resources, he could slot in as a DM, or, his more natural role, a box to box player. Will need sign a midfielder in the January window so the lad can get a break.

432JuanMata

Does any remember when everyone hated Mourinho and said he only took Mctominay out the reserves because he’s tall :lol:. He has come along way and really is a leader in there thought his performance was excellent

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Does any remember when everyone hated Mourinho and said he only took Mctominay out the reserves because he’s tall :lol:. He has come along way and really is a leader in there thought his performance was excellent
Mourinho did him no favours by asking him to play in defence as a protest.

432JuanMata

Mourinho did him no favours by asking him to play in defence as a protest.
I’m not saying Mourinho managed him well though he played him in midfield a lot more than CB, but it’s more the testament to how Scott has grown as a player.
He had great games under Mourinho Away to Seville and home to Liverpool but now it seems he is solid most games.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I’m not saying Mourinho managed him well though he played him in midfield a lot more than CB, but it’s more the testament to how Scott has grown as a player.
He had great games under Mourinho Away to Seville and home to Liverpool but now it seems he is solid most games.
To be fair, I don't know if he is more confident now or he's being asked to do more tactically but he was playing almost too conservatively under Jose like he had zero skill on the ball. I don't think many would have predicted he'd turn out to be the player we saw yesterday.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
To be fair, I don't know if he is more confident now or he's being asked to do more tactically but he was playing almost too conservatively under Jose like he had zero skill on the ball. I don't think many would have predicted he'd turn out to be the player we saw yesterday.
That was always my gripe with him, he just didn't ever seem to try anything. Great to see him take responsibility for making things happen now though.

RuudTom83

Not having much competition in midfield will means Scott gets a full season under his belt. Huge opportunity and so far he is taking it all in his stride.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A very good point. In a team where we are devoid of leaders, McTominay is showing some good leadership qualities. You look back at some of Fergies great teams, VDS, Neville, Rio, Vidic, Evra. 5 captains and leaders before you even get to the midfield, we were truly blessed back then.

KennyBurner

he is having a fantastic season so far. he had much better control of the ball this game than he had all season. That is what he needs to focus on at this level. Im loving the fact that he keeps improving on his performances. Consistency is a key attribute for a midfielder. Its what Pogba lacks when we ask him to play deeper and take less risks. I want to see him control the game more against bournmouth as Im sure they too will try and play further up similar to norwich.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was superb against Norwich. Aside from the agression, physicality and industry that is expected from him, he's showing some real quality on the ball now as well. Hes using his burst of pace in central areas really well.

roseguy64

Solid game, he’s such a good striker of the ball. It’s weird thinking back to Mourinho essentially only using him as a holding midfielder.
TBF to Mourinho, I remember him saying there's more to come from Scott and he was having him keep things simple. To ease him in I would guess considering how harsh being a CM is.

fps

McTominay looks the real deal, could be Man Utd squad/ first team player for a decade if he keeps progressing.

Ban

Due to circumstances he's playing a lot, nearly every game and boy he's taking this opportunity with both hands. His United carrer is thriving.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I've seen worse than that. Some posters were even saying Mourinho only picked McTominay in the lineups as bait to fire Pogba up so that he can compete to get his true potential.

PoTMS

Consistent 7/10 or 8/10 from him every game. Much rather that than a 10/10 followed by a 1/10 performance from Pogba.

Litch

Wasn't sure but def every bit a Utd player now. Will be interesting to see what type of midfielder he develops into.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Unbelievable tonight. Scott really is the big game player isn’t he.

worried for him getting a yellow so early, he proceeded to turn into the reincarnation of Keane in Turin from then on :lol:

Bobski

Becoming a leader in this team, the energy and aggression in his play is consistently there, a big part of our successful pressing game with how quickly he is on players. His game might not be glam but there is a ton of substance to it, midfield often means doing the ugly, boring things well, the grunt work basically. Improving all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.