6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smalling

Need a confirmation how long he is going to be out. We don’t have backup to replace his role and Pogba is still out for another month.
Is that confirmed?

Difficult to point to the solution if McTominay is out for a while. Matic is slow and hasn't played in a while, not sure how Pereira would perform in a CM role and I have not seen anything from Garner than indicates he is ready to step up to be a starter. Praying for a speedy recovery for Scott.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is that confirmed?

Difficult to point to the solution if McTominay is out for a while. Matic is slow and hasn't played in a while, not sure how Pereira would perform in a CM role and I have not seen anything from Garner than indicates he is ready to step up to be a starter. Praying for a speedy recovery for Scott.
I believe Ole said something like December.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully early December. Would be a big boost if he could be ready for Spurs and City.
Pogba got his cast off yesterday.

He's a pretty fit guy, so you'd expect with the international break he'd be doing some serious work now.

As long as the pain is gone he's got 2 weeks to build up his fitness, then hopefully get some minutes in him after that.

Bestietom

Pogba got his cast off yesterday.

He's a pretty fit guy, so you'd expect with the international break he'd be doing some serious work now.

As long as the pain is gone he's got 2 weeks to build up his fitness, then hopefully get some minutes in him after that.
Rehab for 2 weeks before he starts training.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Pulled out of the internationals for Scotland, I actually think it was pre-planned by Ole and McTominay because he needs a rest.
2 weeks rest will be perfect as long as he’s not actually injured.

Mike Smalling

And Neymar goes down like he's broken a leg when he gets tackled, footballers do fake injury.
Why in the world would McTominay fake an injury that convincingly in the last minute of a game we were winning comfortably :lol: ?

DoomSlayer

And Neymar goes down like he's broken a leg when he gets tackled, footballers do fake injury.
Are you suggesting McTominay is a diver? I'd also say that there is a big difference between divers and someone like Neymar, who is notorious for being extremely overdramatic.

pascell

Why in the world would McTominay fake an injury that convincingly in the last minute of a game we were winning comfortably :lol: ?
To pull him out of the upcoming internationals so he gets a rest.

Are you suggesting McTominay is a diver? I'd also say that there is a big difference between divers and someone like Neymar, who is notorious for being extremely overdramatic.
No I'm suggesting he faked injury so we could get him out of the upcoming international games so he can rest.

DoomSlayer

No I'm suggesting he faked injury so we could get him out of the upcoming international games so he can rest.
I was watching the game when it happened and there is no way it was fake, unless you think that McTominay purposefully made contact with the player to create the accidental injury.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pulled out of the internationals for Scotland, I actually think it was pre-planned by Ole and McTominay because he needs a rest.
Come on man, Mctominay isn't going for an Oscar :lol:

The guy was writhing around on the floor in serious pain, and had to be stretchered out of the pitch.

Why not just sit down and fake a muscle injury? that's easy enough.

Mike Smalling

I think you may be overestimating McTominays acting skills and his willingness to deceive the world in order to skip a few internationals.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He was seen limping out of the stadium so he's really committed to his bit. He did very visibly go over on his ankle so I'd be surprised if he was acutally faking it, if he wanted to miss the internationals he wouldn't have had to go off during the match.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The way he was writhing in agony and couldn't put any weight on his foot at all, the club also confirming he had to have a 2nd scan due to the swelling around his ankle, makes me expect it's pretty bad.

Last edited:

AltiUn

The way he was writhing in agony and couldn't put any weight on his foot at all, the club also confirming he had to have a 2nd scan due to the swelling around his ankle, makes me expect it's at least a grade 2 sprain.
He was able to put some weight on it post match though, according to Peach.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The contact with oppo's player looked mild, but definitely should rest full two, maybe three weeks no matter how injury was serious.

Sheffield can be tricky one, but seriously United need to start beating the obviously weaker squads with what we got. We're not playing against Pool or City.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He was able to put some weight on it post match though, according to Peach.
That doesn't mean it's not bad. McTominay seems the type to try to walk on it even if he's in terrible discomfort.

Last edited:

Roux

He was seen limping out of the stadium so he's really committed to his bit. He did very visibly go over on his ankle so I'd be surprised if he was acutally faking it, if he wanted to miss the internationals he wouldn't have had to go off during the match.
Just to clarify - he wasn't stretchered off. They brought the stretcher on the pitch but he limped off with 2 of the physios.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Just to clarify - he wasn't stretchered off. They brought the stretcher on the pitch but he limped off with 2 of the physios.
He was actually stretchered off, he attempted to limp off but when he got pitch side he had to jump on the stretcher

Roux

He was actually stretchered off, he attempted to limp off but when he got pitch side he had to jump on the stretcher

Ahh i didn't see that - that tweet implied that he was stretched off the pitch - which he wasn't. But i guess he had to use it to get down the tunnel etc.

DoomSlayer

Zlatan got up and walked after his horrible injury that basically ended his career as a top player in a big club, so that's never a true indication of what damage has been done.

Instead of insinuating that McTominay is a faker or a diver, we should just be hoping he is back for our next game. He is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment and it's totally deserved based on performances and consistency.

AltiUn

Zlatan got up and walked after his horrible injury that basically ended his career as a top player in a big club, so that's never a true indication of what damage has been done.

Instead of insinuating that McTominay is a faker or a diver, we should just be hoping he is back for our next game. He is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment and it's totally deserved based on performances and consistency.
Yeah we're in trouble if he's out for an extended period of time, really bad time to get injured just as he and Fred were starting to form a good little partnership.

el3mel

Really shame about this injure. At least he'll spend 2 weeks of it recovering. Would have been worse in a more busy schedule.

AltiUn

The player wasn't even looking at him, it was completely accidental.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Pleased for him. Couldn’t work out from the replays why it had not been given to him.

He’s adding a fair number of goals to his game. If he can get 10 this season, which I think is challenging yet realistic, that will be a great return.

Falcow

Is that Martial attempting a no look pass to James?

I think the Brighton player tried to trip him, whatever about trying to injure him.

Shimo

yeah looks so. found this on reddit

Hmm had not seen that. It does seem that way because Brighton player looks right down to where McTomminay's foot is and as he makes contact, looks away. Be a dick move if it was intentional.

Hope it's just a matter of resting for a week or so and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.