Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our most important player right now.
To be fair though that's probably more because we have absolutely no midfield depth to be the more defensive player. Matic is either injured or just frozen out, so it leaves just McTominay or nobody.

OleBoiii

Makes all the difference, really. Fred also looks so much better with McTominay next to him.

Pure class.

A-man

Great to have him back. He’s making a good couple with Fred.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To be fair though that's probably more because we have absolutely no midfield depth to be the more defensive player. Matic is either injured or just frozen out, so it leaves just McTominay or nobody.
And McT has delivered everything that has been asked of him. Am not sure of many other PL players I’d want in place of him? We have areas that need an upgrade but that’s not at no6.

marktan

Huge difference with him in there. Energy and class on the ball. He reminds me a bit of Anderson the way he glides forward with the ball, but he offers so much more energy and physicality. Can tell the other teams don't like playing against him.

If we can get Pogba back in as an AM we could be a strong team.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The one player in our team who plays fast passes and tries to move us forward quickly. Made a couple of bad mistakes in our defensive third, but he's improved so much as a player it's unreal.

Art

Art the artist
He's a physical monster. Brushed Kane off ( who is one of the leagues stronger players ) like he was nothing several times.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And McT has delivered everything that has been asked of him. Am not sure of many other PL players I’d want in place of him? We have areas that need an upgrade but that’s not at no6.
Hes been great! But he'd be less important if we had any depth (which is why the position is still a must).
Also wouldn't go that far. We still have Kante and Fabinho in the league who are probably the 2 best in the world in that position. Then Ndidi as well who is quality. After those 3 though McTominay is next on the list for me.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You're missing the part where Scott would walk into many top midfields starting XI

DoomSlayer

McTominay is going to be absolutely world class for our club. Some players just lack that mentality in our team right now, which is why we are so inconsistent.

SteveW

Hes been great! But he'd be less important if we had any depth (which is why the position is still a must).
Also wouldn't go that far. We still have Kante and Fabinho in the league who are probably the 2 best in the world in that position. Then Ndidi as well who is quality. After those 3 though McTominay is next on the list for me.
It's absolutely gutting that Pereira is all we have to replace him. Might as well start with 10.

redshaw

Dare I say it but it did feel like Roy Keane coming back a bit early from injury and the boost you get.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Really glad he is back after a short injury spell. He is such a warrior with that ”in your face”- attitude. That 50/50 battle with Kane in the second half where he just pushed him away and took the ball away, put a smile on my face.

Overall this was not his best game but its clear for all to see how important he is for this team. His power combined with the mobility of Fred seems to be combination.

I can see him being the captain one day!

mu4c_20le

I liked how he didn't back down against the Spurs backup keeper, who gave him a dirty little kick. Fergie would've loved him.

What a player. Dominated their midfield with his physicality and his passing is almost always crisp and precise nowadays.

Remarkable improvement.

bdecuc

Lots seemed to underestimate what a loss McTominay was over the last few games. His energy, his physicality and even his on the ball stuff is quite impressive now. We've no replacement for him (which is a sad indictment to be honest).

A midfield of him and Fred is perfectly acceptable for winning plenty of matches. Just need to prevent these bloody injuries.

kundalini

Important player for us. Hope he'll continue to improve; still another level or two that he could go up. You can see he's trying to pass the ball forwards; not quite coming off but fine margins.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Midfield is important part of any team and players look way better when he's around.

Too early to present him definite place in starting eleven for years to come, but you can see some real effort, even if the lad doesn't show super talent or fancy moves with the ball.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very important player for us now. A high quality midfield player, always growing in confidence. Top notch again tonight. Heading for world-class. Trajectory very steeply upwards.

RedDevilRoshi

We have badly missed him and it showed tonight what a huge difference he makes. Fred looks much better when he is playing alongside him.

Absolutely terrific tonight.

SteveW

We were on a nice winning run until he got injured. While he was missing our midfield got destroyed by Sheffield United and Villa and we conceded 5 goals. As soon as he comes back we dominate Spurs' midfield.

That says so much about his importance (and also how embarrassingly bad Pereira is)

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He has a simplicity to his game that is really effective in a fast paced team. So many aspects of his game is on a steady trajectory to the next level.

Martialfc

Not going to lie. I used to be his biggest critic and think he was just Tom Cleverly MK II. He’s completely changed my opinion he’s come in to his own. Fair play to the lad.

Grib

Easily my favorite player with his performances this season

Oldham

Smashing today.
Turned into a man. Reminds me of Fletcher but potentially the passing brain of Carrick.
Hard forward passes to teammates.

RedIan

Unreal the way he has come on this season and now our main midfield enforcer... starting to look like a rolls Royce in midfield. So glad hes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.