Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's been the best midfielder on the pitch even though Pogba and NDombele are playing. What a player.

mewnew11

Mctominator!!!!

He has bulked up , made harry kane looked small next to him. His passing range is also improving. Such a talent at such a young age

ArjenIsM3

Another big performance from him so far. Stands up for his mates too. Future captain material if he keeps this up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very good. It's amazing the development he's had in just over a year.

Love the way he won the muscle with Sissoko, the guy is a mountain so it just shows Scott is very strong. I remember he bodied Zaha also who usually bounces people himself.

podurban2

He's so big too, never looks fazed to stand up against turds like Dele Alli too. True leader mentality!

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
feck Newcastle and feck Sean Longstaff, there's no need to blow £50m on him when McTominay is continously improving.

Please for the love of God buy a secondary playmaker to play alongside McTominay and Pogba

Dve

I´ve seen saying if for long. McTominay is a coming star.

Dve

feck Newcastle and feck Sean Longstaff, there's no need to blow £50m on him when McTominay is continously improving.

Please for the love of God buy a secondary playmaker to play alongside McTominay and Pogba
Fred.

AgentP

The Pogba McT partnership looks solid. Even if Pogba plays a subdued role, it will end up benefiting the team more.

Ander herrera the warrior

Looks like you have answered your own question. Let's sign longstaff and play him alongside Mctominay and Pogba

PTSTSL

Underrated from a technical point of view. He looks like he's going to be trusted to show it more now. Good news!

Tiber

I have never fancied him, but he is having a very good preseason. If he can lock Matic out of the team? That can only be a good thing

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He's done everything asked of him since he's broken into the first team. Jose was right. Future captain for club and country.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Scott has to start the season ahead of Matic. Matic has just become too risk averse. Scott is more willing to switch play or hit one long and, while those aren't high percentage passes, that's more likely to unleash the pace we have. Mourinho was right about this one. I'll hold my hands up and admit I had little faith but McTominay has really come on in the last few months.

Raven

Looking excellent, good one/two touch passing and an excellent eye for a ball between the lines. Obviously been great defensively too, but that goes without saying at this stage.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Looks fantastic out there today. Starting to express more aspects of his game, but as always it’s his mentality that stands out.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looks fantastic out there today. Starting to express more aspects of his game, but as always it’s his mentality that stands out.
Agreed, his long range passing looks very good today, it's a skill of his we rarely see.

flappyjay

Credit to him, whatever coaching Carrick is doing on him he seems to be absorbing and applying. I have loved how he has developed over the past few months. Showed his intensity as a ball winner but now slowly but surely showing his passing ability.

Nick7

I've liked him since he first got put into the team. Was unfairly disliked due to Jose I think. He's just getting better and better.

LiquidSnake

By all accounts it was Fergie who told Jose to play him more
I think Fergie commented "tongue-in-cheek" he had to play (but also seriously I think he was glad to have an academy "warrior" that he liked so much).

Scott gave an interview where he says he owned a lot to José (well after OGS takeover) and José in his interviews/shows after he was fired always talk about Scott like his "boy". Also there was the whole special award thing.

So by all acounts, credits where it's due, McTominay emergence (not his insane improved level as there's no proof that José saw that coming) was mainly a José thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.