Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Contract option: Club option 1 year
Date of last contract extension: Jan 21, 2019
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

He's going to be our very own Khedira type player. Box to box combative midfielder.

Look forward to seeing him during pre-season.

DoomSlayer

Love McTominay's attitude and willingness to sacrifice himself for the team. He is also grown into a beast of players in the physical aspect, whilst I think a lot of people underrate his awareness on the pitch both with the ball at feet and when defending.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he plays more important role this season, as sort of natural progression. He had few good games at the end of the season and also did well enough against Barca. Last 2 seasons played bit part role, hopefully this season he steps up and takes even more responsibility. There was flashes of that last season.

Litch

Love McTominay's attitude and willingness to sacrifice himself for the team. He is also grown into a beast of players in the physical aspect, whilst I think a lot of people underrate his awareness on the pitch both with the ball at feet and when defending.
Are with all of that but he lacks the important bit for me which is his technical ability. If Scott played for Southampton, there's not many on here that would say, let's sign that lad. Shame was we have Gomes that's everything Scott isn't and sadly that includes his size. That is Scott's biggest (excuse the pun) attribute.

roonster09

Scout
Are with all of that but he lacks the important bit for me which is his technical ability. If Scott played for Southampton, there's not many on here that would say, let's sign that lad. Shame was we have Gomes that's everything Scott isn't and sadly that includes his size. That is Scott's biggest (excuse the pun) attribute.
People here thought Declan Rice is 100 million worth player. If player like McTominay was playing well against few big teams, people would have said McTominay would be decent squad addition.

Anyways we have the player without spending a money and he saves 20-30 million, as we don't have to sign squad player.

Edit: Also he doesn't lack technical ability, obviously he isn't as good as the finest technical players but his technique is more than good enough to be part of the squad.

Jacob

I hope he can cement a starting position this season, he looked promising. Physically imposing, crisp passing, decent close control. The rest will improve expontentially with game time.

neilv93

I love McSauce, big fan. Think he'll be an important squad player for years to come. His size and athleticism is ideal for the PL too.

Litch

People here thought Declan Rice is 100 million worth player. If player like McTominay was playing well against few big teams, people would have said McTominay would be decent squad addition.

Anyways we have the player without spending a money and he saves 20-30 million, as we don't have to sign squad player.

Edit: Also he doesn't lack technical ability, obviously he isn't as good as the finest technical players but his technique is more than good enough to be part of the squad.
Whoever thought Rice is worth 100m needs their heads seeing to. Scott technically is average at best and if he was below 6ft, we aren't having this conversation. He is from the Jose era where size mattered and it's this that has determined what kind of player he is, not his ability.

roonster09

Scout
Whoever thought Rice is worth 100m needs their heads seeing to. Scott technically is average at best and if he was below 6ft, we aren't having this conversation. He is from the Jose era where size mattered and it's this that has determined what kind of player he is, not his ability.
Shame after watching his performance people still believe this.

Roboc7

He’s looked a lot better since given more of a box to box role. As a holding player he’s very limited and don’t know why he is often touted for that role. But his physicality, fitness and effort compensate for limitations a bit more when pushed forward.

Hard to work out if there is much more to come or if main reason he has stood out in some games is because he’s one of few who actually put in any effort.

haram

Talking like a vet :lol:.

DoomSlayer

Talking like a vet :lol:.

The lad is such a model professional. Incredible character and I'd love it if he mentors some of the very young players to show them what attitude is required at United.

haram

The lad is such a model professional. Incredible character and I'd love it if he mentors some of the very young players to show them what attitude is required at United.
Has a great attitude, one of my favourites of this squad.

freeurmind

weak willed
Hope we see alot more of him this season, he's looked promising so far. Good going forward, tenacious, got a goal or two in him, definitely someone who should be featuring more often than not.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Clearly becoming our poster boy for the 'academy to first team story'. Can't believe how much marketing he's on given his profile.

Coaches must really see something there. Could be a big year for him, let's hope he doesn't suffer the Cleverley curse (big injury in breakout season).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I thought McTominay was genuinely improving in the 2nd half of the season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought McTominay was genuinely improving in the 2nd half of the season.
He fit the Herrera role like a glove. He improved a lot and rarely had a bad game. I do like how he presents himself in interviews, I wish him the best of luck for the upcoming season and for him to continue proving his doubters wrong.

SoCross

He worked hard and impressed in the opportunities given to him. Can’t ask for more and looking forward to see how he fares this season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m a big fan of him, hopefully he gets to prove himself this season. Also his attacking play is underrated because we haven’t seen it much yet but don’t forget he used to play as an attacker before his frame sprung up

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I’m a big fan of him, hopefully he gets to prove himself this season. Also his attacking play is underrated because we haven’t seen it much yet but don’t forget he used to play as an attacker before his frame sprung up

Just saw his interview on MUTV -- I am amazed at how mature and how much it's all about the club with Scott. He cares.
He speaks well, had depth in his convo unlike young Lingard.

I can see him being a future captain since Herrara is gone. He is a good example of why we support United.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just saw his interview on MUTV -- I am amazed at how mature and how much it's all about the club with Scott. He cares.

I can see him being a future captain since Herrara is gone. He is a good example of why we support United.
Yeah he’s a good example of being brought up the right way

haram

Even if he doesn’t become captain, he has leadership qualities which are valuable regardless.

roonster09

Scout
He scored beautiful goal against U23 team isn't it (think it was vs PSG or Juventus), also he was showing more in the final third at the end of the season. Scored 2 goals (both outside the box) and created few chances.

On top of that, his attitude is brilliant going by what we watch on MUTV and ManUtd videos.

Edit: It's against PSG U23

sglowrider

Even if he doesn’t become captain, he has leadership qualities which are valuable regardless.
Yes. I have that memory of him gathering the academy kids together and reminding them of the fans who made the journey

Drainy

A seriously impressive young man. I have to hold my hands up, I thought he had no chance here and perhaps time will show he doesn't, but so far he's shown maybe the professionals know more than we do.

Raven

Scott's a beast. People are underestimating his technical ability as well, seems very composed in tight spaces, very rarely loses possession and uses it well. Think he'll be a big player for us.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Gone from being absolutely disgusted by the sight of his name on a teamsheet early last season to being the most exciting player this season for me. I hold my hands way up

sglowrider

Gone from being absolutely disgusted by the sight of his name on a teamsheet early last season to being the most exciting player this season for me. I hold my hands way up
A seriously impressive young man. I have to hold my hands up, I thought he had no chance here and perhaps time will show he doesn't, but so far he's shown maybe the professionals know more than we do.
I think we need to give Jose some props for seeing something that as fans we don't get to see on a daily basis.
We thought Scott was just being used as a political tool by Jose.

And props to Scott for acknowledging Jose as a positive influence on him.

Lessons learnt: we are way too quick to hype kids up and then slag them off the moment they don't meet our expectations -- despite the fact that coaches who see them every day on the training ground and have more faith in their potential but know that they have to go through growing pains.

minh_loc_xoay

I think we need to give Jose some props for seeing something that as fans we don't get to see on a daily basis.
We thought Scott was just being used as a political tool by Jose.

And props to Scott for acknowledging Jose as a positive influence on him.
This is the part that absolutely disgusted me. We got our reputation of giving chances to our youngsters. Yet the moment our manager promotes an academy lad which is not looking like what we usually want, we slam him as a mere "political tool". I know our fanbase have reached new low throughout the years. But this stood up among the most shameful acts in my opinions.

sglowrider

This is the part that absolutely disgusted me. We got our reputation of giving chances to our youngsters. Yet the moment our manager promotes an academy lad which is not looking like what we usually want, we slam him as a mere "political tool". I know our fanbase have reached new low throughout the years. But this stood up among the most shameful acts in my opinions.
See: http://www.redcafe.net/threads/unit...verly-entitled-fan-base.448603/#post-24333349

Also suggest you not read any match day threads. I have been here long enough to find the sky is falling moaners entertaining. Not for those relatively new here or you may land up suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.