6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

Even though most of redcafe seems to rate him, I think he's a far better player than he'll ever get credit for. Can do everything to a good standard and will keep improving. Brilliant to have him back

romufc

Even though most of redcafe seems to rate him, I think he's a far better player than he'll ever get credit for. Can do everything to a good standard and will keep improving. Brilliant to have him back
You'd think most of them do, I have seen quite a few posts saying he is not Manutd level.

He has shown improvement from his first game, he has hunger, desire and leadership. I loved watching him yesterday.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't think he played very well yesterday on the whole but it was a lovely finish and I'm very happy he got a run out and we also have a rested Matic for the weekend.

KennyBurner

This guy wants to be carrick so bad and I love it. You can just tell from some of his leading passes that he works closely with carrick. Wont surprise me if he dedicates an hour a day watching carrick highlights because some of those passes were so direct and with purpose. The only thing left for him to master is a great first touch and dropping deep to collect the ball under pressure.

Ive underestimated Mctominay in the past but his performance on Thursday reminded me how important he is to this team. he provides so much energy and most of all quick passes. if you notice form this video he doesn't hold unto the ball for too long like 70% of our players do. He keeps it simple which is so important for any midfielder. Im also glad he came off early so he can feature against everton.

Mr PG

I hope Ole realizes McTominay is far better against aggressive teams like Everton. If we are to win this game we need McTominay and Bailly in that team.

But we’re talking a manager who used Pogba deep and benched Fred a whole month in favor of Matic. He has stumbled upon his best lineup and I'm afraid he will screw it again.

Amarsdd

I hope Ole realizes McTominay is far better against aggressive teams like Everton. If we are to win this game we need McTominay and Bailly in that team.

But we’re talking a manager who used Pogba deep and benched Fred a whole month in favor of Matic. He has stumbled upon his best lineup and I'm afraid he will screw it again.
:lol:

Rish Sawhney

This “stumbling onto the best lineup” bit is so stupid. People said the same about van Gaal. It does my head in.

As though managers just name a first 11 without seeing how they play in practice or anything like that?
McTominay has been our first choice midfielder for the entire season and Bailey has been injured the entire season.

Dante

Average bang
Since the October International break, these are his participations:

EPL 20-10-2019 Manchester United 1 : 1 Liverpool 90'
UEL 24-10-2019 Partizan Belgrade 0 : 1 Manchester United 90'
EPL 27-10-2019 Norwich 1 : 3 Manchester United 90'
EFLC 30-10-2019 Chelsea 1 : 2 Manchester United 90'
EPL 02-11-2019 Bournemouth 1 : 0 Manchester United 90'
UEL 07-11-2019 Manchester United 3 : 0 Partizan Belgrade 75'
EPL 10-11-2019 Manchester United 3 : 1 Brighton 90'
EPL 04-12-2019 Manchester United 2 : 1 Tottenham 90'
EPL 07-12-2019 Manchester City 1 : 2 Manchester United 90'
EPL 15-12-2019 Manchester United 1 : 1 Everton 90'
EPL 22-12-2019 Watford 2 : 0 Manchester United 72'
EPL 26-12-2019 Manchester United 4 : 1 Newcastle United 45'
EPL 23-02-2020 Manchester United 3 : 0 Watford 11'
UEL 27-02-2020 Manchester United *5 : 0 Club Brugge 72'

We've won 10, drawn 2 and lost 2. That's title winning form in most seasons.

McTominay is vital for the way we want to play.

We're dangerous up front and physical at the back. The problem is that when we lose the midfield battle, the whole gameplan goes to shit. Mctominay is the one player who can dominate the midfield, and make the game about the two final thirds where we're strongest.

Based Adnan

Pogba was one of the best performers in a World Cup winning campaign playing deep. Talking nonsense.

Based Adnan

He was the 4th best player in his team after Mbappe, Griezmann and Kante. And the last of those carried him.
The Pogba Kante midfield doesn't work without each other. Kante carried Pogba just as much as Pogba carried Kante. The only reason Mbappe and to an extent Griezmann looked so good was because of the creativity Pogba was providing. You also missed out Matuidi who imo was just as vital in making the whole set up work.

You can argue who was the most important player till the cows come home but at the end of the day Pogba was a massively vital piece playing deep in a side that won the World Cup.

Dante

Average bang
The Pogba Kante midfield doesn't work without each other. Kante carried Pogba just as much as Pogba carried Kante. The only reason Mbappe and to an extent Griezmann looked so good was because of the creativity Pogba was providing. You also missed out Matuidi who imo was just as vital in making the whole set up work.

You can argue who was the most important player till the cows come home but at the end of the day Pogba was a massively vital piece playing deep in a side that won the World Cup.
And McTominay is a vital piece in United's best performances as per my earlier post. Which is the point you were replying to.

Following your own logic, McTominay should start ahead of Pogba as the latter hasn't proven to be a vital piece when playing deep.

Based Adnan

And McTominay is a vital piece in United's best performances as per my earlier post. Which is the point you were replying to.

Following your own logic, McTominay should start ahead of Pogba as the latter hasn't proven to be a vital piece when playing deep.
I was responding to his criticism of Ole playing Pogba deep. My post had nothing to do with McTominay. I haven't read your earlier post as you weren't involved until you quoted me.

Dante

Average bang
I was responding to his criticism of Ole playing Pogba deep. My post had nothing to do with McTominay. I haven't read your earlier post as you weren't involved until you quoted me.
Lukaku was brilliant after he bulked up at the World Cup. In the Premier League, not so much.

The same applies to Pogba being decent playing in deep midfield. So was Kleberson.

Based Adnan

Lukaku was brilliant after he bulked up at the World Cup. In the Premier League, not so much.

The same applies to Pogba being decent playing in deep midfield. So was Kleberson.
Our definition of "brilliant" is probably different. Didn't KDB come out and criticize Lukaku during the WC?

Kleberson was straight up not good enough for the Premier League. Where he played for Brazil vs United doesn't matter because it was his ability which was limiting him. Poor example.

Anyway we're way off topic here. Feel free to reply in the Pogba thread.

Dante

Average bang
Our definition of "brilliant" is probably different. Didn't KDB come out and criticize Lukaku during the WC?

Kleberson was straight up not good enough for the Premier League. Where he played for Brazil vs United doesn't matter because it was his ability which was limiting him. Poor example.

Anyway we're way off topic here. Feel free to reply in the Pogba thread.
Which is what you should have done in the first place.

Based Adnan

I'm responding to posts in a thread, where you've taken the thread off topic.
"Which is what you should have done in the first place."

This also applies to you with your first response. Can't blame others for taking the thread off topic when you've done the very same thing. You also responded to something that was not directed at you and continued to take it off topic. Hope that helps.

Dante

Average bang
"Which is what you should have done in the first place."

This also applies to you with your first response. Can't blame others for taking the thread off topic when you've done the very same thing. You also responded to something that was not directed at you and continued to take it off topic. Hope that helps.
That's not how forums work. I reply to the posts I see, not just to the ones who quote me.

If you've taken a thread off topic, I'll reply to it regardless. The responsibility lies with the person taking the thread off topic, not the one who replies in good faith.

The United

Happy to see him progress. Hopefully, he could go on a bit more.

A proper United lad.

Everton 1:1 Man Utd

Roboc7

Formation didn’t suit him, he’s a very limited player who can be very effective in the right role and right game but there are games like today when he isn’t of much use.

Devil may care

Found his pre injury form almost immediately, got another good 70 minutes under his belt today.

Derby 0:3 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
McTominay was more McMayo than McSauce at Derby tonight. Baffling how sloppy he seemed compared to what he showed at Bruges. Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from the injury? Maybe he's feeling the pressure from Matic's good form and/or Pogba's return?

JohnnyLaw

Looked rustier today I thought. Still, he looks to have been working a bit on his distribution. Nice to see him developing some new traits.

Skills

Snitch
Thought he was poor. Seems to have developed a bit of a range for a diagonal though

Eire Red United

Not his best game but loved his bit of a tussle and good to see him standing up for himself. Makes a nice change from Herrera being carried off vs West Ham.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Probably his worst game for us, struggled to complete simple passes and also failed to control the ball which would have created few chances. But as usual he was everywhere and defensively good.

Lentwood

That was shockingly, worryingly bad

I’m being 100% serious when I say that I would have taken McTominay off after 12 minutes. By that time, he had already missed two tackles and caused dangerous breaks and given the ball away sloppily twice.

Message would have been simple - you don’t turn up with the right intensity, the right attitude, you don’t get a second chance

I think that would have been a valuable lesson for a player I’ve never previously felt has any issues with attitude or desire

Josh 76

Has Mctomminy ever had s great game against teams other than the 'top 5'.
Said it before and saying it now, he's a player who Is good at one thing, being a nuisance and desrupting the options game plan. It we have to break teams down, then he will go missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.