6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus Gloop

Almost 99% passing completion rate of which 9 were accurate long balls (9/9). 5 tackles as well. And I’m reading people saying he misplaced a few passes and he was sloppy?

I’m very much on the side he was decent. A couple of ropey moments but every player had them last night.

I highly doubt he’ll start against City anyway so those with hyperbolic statements saying he was “shocking” can rest easy!

Roboc7

Had a poor game, his passing has improved when he has lots of time and space at least though. He’s never going to be a great passer but has been some improvement.

Problem Mctominay has is that the more of the ball we have the less effective he is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Almost 99% passing completion rate of which 9 were accurate long balls (9/9). 5 tackles as well. And I’m reading people saying he misplaced a few passes and he was sloppy?

I’m very much on the side he was decent. A couple of ropey moments but every player had them last night.

I highly doubt he’ll start against City anyway so those with hyperbolic statements saying he was “shocking” can rest easy!
He was dispossessed 7 times and that's a lot for non creative CM. He improved in the second half but it was poor game. He is so much better than this.

Devil may care

Lots of luster and some decent moments, but things degenerated into a running battle with the Derby kid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

There's no chance he had a 99% completion rate :lol:

The first 15 minutes alone he gave it away quite a few times. He grew into it a bit better before half time, but it certainly wasn't his best performance.

Anyway no big deal everybody has off games here and there.

bondsname

Think Scott is the type of guy that needs to be played into fitness. He cant just come back from an injury and pick up where he left off, he is going to struggle until one day it will click.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Thought McT had a good game considering he was giving both Rooney and Sibley a hard time.

ash_86

He needs to pass the ball quicker. Every single time he's trying to run with the ball, beat 2 players and get a foul and either he wins the foul or loses the battle and loses the ball. Both ways we lose momentum which is of no use to us. Hopefully Carrick can sort this out with him.

Craig Ward

He needs to pass the ball quicker. Every single time he's trying to run with the ball, beat 2 players and get a foul and either he wins the foul or loses the battle and loses the ball. Both ways we lose momentum which is of no use to us. Hopefully Carrick can sort this out with him.
It's not just Mctom who is guilty of this, as a team we are amazingly slow with the ball. I'd say each player holds on to the ball for much longer than they should.

No fluidity in our passing game and this is mostly down to our CB's and deep midfielders.

McTom was very sloppy, wasteful and lazy with the ball yesterday, but no worse than others in truth.

Wasnt his best game, but it was pretty routine in truth

bucky

There's no chance he had a 99% completion rate :lol:

The first 15 minutes alone he gave it away quite a few times. He grew into it a bit better before half time, but it certainly wasn't his best performance.

Anyway no big deal everybody has off games here and there.
Completed 60 of 61 passes and got dispossessed 7 times.

Stadjer

As long as Ole wants to play his counter tactic there is space for McT and he will look good. I think that if Manchester United wants to dominate games than McT does need to improve certain aspects of his game to stay an option for the midfield. He does have a great mentality so it doesnt seem impossible that he will improve. Otherwise he can always be a decent squad option at the very least.

ash_86

It's not just Mctom who is guilty of this, as a team we are amazingly slow with the ball. I'd say each player holds on to the ball for much longer than they should.

No fluidity in our passing game and this is mostly down to our CB's and deep midfielders.

McTom was very sloppy, wasteful and lazy with the ball yesterday, but no worse than others in truth.

Wasnt his best game, but it was pretty routine in truth
Yes I agree. This happens especially against teams that sit deep. I have seen us move the ball faster against teams like city. Don't know why we resort to default against lower teams. But yeah this needs to be sorted out.

Augustus Gloop

He was dispossessed 7 times and that's a lot for non creative CM. He improved in the second half but it was poor game. He is so much better than this.
I don’t want to draw this out, because ultimately, I agree with you, he is better than last nights showing, but he also made 9 defensive contributions. I just think it shows he was in the thick of it. I will have to watch it again if I can. I just don’t think he was as bad as people are saying.

Yeah.. that's just not true at all. Who was counting that Stevie Wonder?
To be fair, there’s been times when I’ve thought “aye, Scott’s ball retention and passing has been good” and he’s ended up with 75% which seems preposterous. I don’t know if 99% is 100% accurate or not I’m just quoting what I’ve read. But his passing was crisp last night, generally. In my opinion.

tjb

This is why I want a DM. Not because Mctominay or Fred aren't good, but neither are consistently impactful enough to be surefire starters here. Imagine having a midfield with either one of them with a DM that protects and helps us control the tempo of games. If that guy is injured we can play both, if either of them is injured we can play the other. It would mean that we would maintain some form of consistent quality in midfield over the course of the season. It would also give Mctominay less pressure to grow into the player he will become.

SlimDizzle075

Scott was actually really good last night. The only weak link in his stats was him being dispossessed, a few were clear mental errors, but most of those times he was in traffic where getting disposesed can be the result of a fine margin. and they were spread out all over the game not isolated the the first half. he won all his aerial duels, 4 tackles, 4 interceptions. 98% pass completion. 9 out of 9 on long ball attempts. and punked out that little jacked up kid. Its like some of you can't wrap your head around the fact that the kid can play ball and give him credit for it. He is a beast.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Pretty sure I'll be buying a shirt again for the first time in long time for the next season. Likely with this man's name on it. All our "recent" additions really can't be faulted for their heart and spirit (something we've been so sorely missing for a while) - but in a way I see Scott as the conduit for that United proud resurgence.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That’s the best moment of the season for me for so many reasons. Love McTominey

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good presence of mind, took his goal very well.

El Zoido

Love this guy. He’s a warrior and had the talent to back it up. Hate to do the “if he was Spanish and not Scottish” thing, but honestly I think he’s underrated.

D. Mungai

A great son of Manchester United. The ultimate symbol of what is right at United now.

Commited, full of heart, desire, nothing flashy and plays football.

Nothing much I could ask for.

marktan

Scotland could actually field a pretty tasty midfield in him, Mcgin and Gilmour in a year or two.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
McTominay was rewarded for his effort today. When he came on he did all the right things, unlike at Derby there was no sloppiness and he put his body on the line to try and slow down the City momentum. His willingness to close down the ball was shown from the second he stepped onto the field, and it was that willingess to chase lost causes that got him the goal. Also, in the rain, with the ball spinning across the turf don't let anyone tell you it was an easy goal to score. Fantastic take.

mu4c_20le

That was a ridiculous goal. Ederson deserved to be punished for his brain farts today.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He is our new 'Gary Neville'.

Not the most naturally talented but use every ounce of his motivation, passion and energy to be the very best he can be and always make his presence felt..

Has a massive role in our squad in the years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.