6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Fantastic cameo appearance by McSauce and what a screamer to seal the win at the end there. He is captain material. Plays every game with his heart on his sleeve.

As a Scotsman myself, his return to full match fitness is a massive boost ahead of our Euro 2020 play-off against Israel at the end of the month :D

jem

I love him - weirdly enough, he's come back from injury looking like a lanky version of Wayne Rooney (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, of course!)

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Love him.

But why do some call him McSauce? It's even got its own entry on Urban Dictionary now.
Originally I think it was because people considered him to be bland like mayonaise. Hence McMayo/McMayonaise/McSauce. I guess now it's changed to "he has got the sauce."

Denis' cuff

fecking love Scotty. Honest player and learning all the time. Gonna be a top player for years to come. So far we’ve seen the fruits of his attitude but he’s going to blossom with confidence into a leader and vital cog. Maturity beyond his years.

youngrell

Great to see him come on and put in a performance after being underwhelming against Derby. Being on the bench give him the little kick up the backside needed to remind him he needs to be on it in every game. I doubt he'll ever let it happen again, he's that type of player.

Bestietom

A player you can depend on to give you 110% in every game. I love when he is playing and I'm liking Fred more also.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fantastic cameo appearance by McSauce and what a screamer to seal the win at the end there. He is captain material. Plays every game with his heart on his sleeve.

As a Scotsman myself, his return to full match fitness is a massive boost ahead of our Euro 2020 play-off against Israel at the end of the month :D
He is key mate, so glad he's back and fit as it gives us so much more in midfield. We are gonna need it at the end of the month for sure.

arnie_ni

Used to think he was dreadful when he first broke through but his improvement has been immense

ROFLUTION

One of the players that Fergie would have loved. As he said, hard work is a talent in itself. Makes you go places others lazy-asses wont go. McTominay is the prime example of that.

Just adds slowly to his game and gets better and better.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The player who made me forget Herrera. Already scored more than what Herrera scored in the final 3 seasons.

SAFMUTD

He’s captain material for the future for sure.

It’s unbelievable how much progress he’s made, I posted here how he wasn’t never going to be good enough a while ago I’m happy to be slapped in the mouth by his performances.

Devil may care

When he shot I yelled at the screen, then I saw how far out Ederson was. :lol: He added some extra energy when needed yesterday and then killed the game off.

Web of Bissaka

I'm still not seeing the sharp midfield performance he portrayed before the injury :D stil getting back into his good form but effort is there always so no complaint from me.

And my gahd, he's racking/piling up goals and goals now, exceeded my prev expectation. Didn't predict that.

tjb

If he can improve his passing enough to dictate the tempo from deep, we would not need too many attributes from our new midfielder. In fact, I would be willing to just sign Jude Bellingham and use him as cover if Mctominay developed that side of his game a bit more. There is a lot of quality there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm still not seeing the sharp midfield performance he portrayed before the injury :D stil getting back into his good form but effort is there always so no complaint from me.

And my gahd, he's racking/piling up goals and goals now, exceeded my prev expectation. Didn't predict that.
He actually was not playing well at all before his injury. He’s probably playing better now overall, despite an iffy game against Derby.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I have really enjoyed watching him develop the past year. For some weird reason, I follow him in Instagram.

He is not the most interesting fellow on Insta, but during the break he has put up stats on his story from running. What really surprised me is how average the stats are. Today he ran 14 km at an average pace of 4 min and 18 seconds. That is similar to my pace on a half marathon a few years ago.

I was in great shape at the time considering I was working at an office for 12 hours a day. But for a Premier League player? I know that they are footballers, and that sprints is more relevant to them. But I still find those numbers a bit disappointing. (His pulse looked high too indicating high intensity.)

Web of Bissaka

He actually was not playing well at all before his injury. He’s probably playing better now overall, despite an iffy game against Derby.
Interesting observation, curious why you think he wasn't playing well before injury.

Mine is the opposite - Played well before (overall very good) and now just okay (tbh overall poor considering his normal standard).

Dante

Average bang
Interesting observation, curious why you think he wasn't playing well before injury.

Mine is the opposite - Played well before (overall very good) and now just okay (tbh overall poor considering his normal standard).
To be fair, his role changed between those two periods.

Before the injury, he was more box-to-box and had a greater responsibility to create. On an individual level, it made him look dominant on the pitch but he also obviously fell short in a couple of areas that weren't to his strengths. Overall, he was more involved but made more mistakes.

After the injury, he was mostly there to give Bruno a platform. It meant that he had to rein in his game a little and keep things simple. Overall, he was less involved involved but made fewer mistakes.

I guess it just depends on what you prefer. As long as the team plays better as a whole, I don't mind if he carries on playing like he did after the injury. It'll mean he gets fewer plaudits from the fans, but the manager and his teammates will always know how important he is.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

He just wasn’t. You can review this very thread for some of the feedback he got, the threadmarks are there, and in the games just before his injury, he wasn’t good.

cyberman

He just wasn’t. You can review this very thread for some of the feedback he got, the threadmarks are there, and in the games just before his injury, he wasn’t good.
2 of the 4 games before his injury was his beast games v Spurs and City.
Its ok to admit simply not liking a player. This forum freaked out to his injury for a reason. Hell even in his injuy game he bullied the midfield.
Also using this thread that has many, many fans who simply dont rate Scott and give him back handed compliments at best, is in no way a tool to assess how he was performing.
Its telling that the moment we get a quality number 10 is the time you think Scott performs better. Personally I dont see a lot of difference, he still carries the ball and presses further forward. Instead judging Scott by the player he was we were blaming he and Matic for the woes of Lingard and Perreira.

You simply hate Scott, we have had this argument before when you have rallied against him even after his best games for us. Protecting the standards of our youth set up and all that nonsense.

Last edited:

RB7N

I have really enjoyed watching him develop the past year. For some weird reason, I follow him in Instagram.

He is not the most interesting fellow on Insta, but during the break he has put up stats on his story from running. What really surprised me is how average the stats are. Today he ran 14 km at an average pace of 4 min and 18 seconds. That is similar to my pace on a half marathon a few years ago.

I was in great shape at the time considering I was working at an office for 12 hours a day. But for a Premier League player? I know that they are footballers, and that sprints is more relevant to them. But I still find those numbers a bit disappointing. (His pulse looked high too indicating high intensity.)
I get where you’re comming from, but we don’t know what surface he was running on, or how much elevation there was.
Based on how he plays, I would guess his VO2 max is higher than most of his teammates.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
2 of the 4 games before his injury was his beast games v Spurs and City.
Its ok to admit simply not liking a player. This forum freaked out to his injury for a reason. Hell even in his injuy game he bullied the midfield.
Also using this thread that has many, many fans who simply dont rate Scott and give him back handed compliments at best, is in no way a tool to assess how he was performing.
Its telling that the moment we get a quality number 10 is the time you think Scott performs better. Personally I dont see a lot of difference, he still carries the ball and presses further forward. Instead judging Scott by the player he was we were blaming he and Matic for the woes of Lingard and Perreira.

You simply hate Scott, we have had this argument before when you have rallied against him even after his best games for us. Protecting the standards of our youth set up and all that nonsense.
Go to bed, or alternatively, mind your business.

Brightonian

I have to say in this instance I disagree with this too. I don't think he's had any particularly bad games for us this season. And in particular, when he got injured I remember thinking that it was a really serious blow for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.