View full 2020-21 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe we can produce a player like this.

Maybe he wont be world class but he has the ability to put a top class performance alot of the games he plays.
it’s exactly what you want from some of our homegrown players. Not everyone has to be a superstar, and players like McT mean we don’t go and spunk £50m on the likes of Longstaff.

Zen86

I really like him, I think he could be a huge player for us in time. Incredible that people were slating him once again in the matchday thread.

yamo123x

One of those players who looks lost and lacking quality at times, then goes and turns in a fantastic performance like tonight, he was our leader and MOM ... if we can get this consistently from him we have a real player for years to come

One of those players who looks lost and lacking quality at times, then goes and turns in a fantastic performance like tonight, he was our leader and MOM ... if we can get this consistently from him we have a real player for years to come
he’s still a young player, and is going to be consistent. Would love him to have the same trajectory as Fletcher (without the illness clearly). Look at someone like Henderson, who took a long time to really become a quality player.

Falcow

Never stopped working his bollocks off. Well done Scott. Must be very difficult to play against.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I want to see him improve his passing, but there’s time. Want him to become one of many leaders on the pitch.

Untd55

He did well tonight, but I still think he needs to be replaced. His passing was off again with only 74% completion, which happened in dangerous areas at times. It could have cost us.

If he is going to be a mainstay he is going to have to work on that side of his game a lot. In comparison, Fred had 90%.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He can play much better. Was slightly nervous from the start, hard to blame him really.

I rate him very highly, as I said few days ago, there is no obvious weakness to his game.

The most important is how he improved as the game went on, even after the yellow card. I was sure he's going off but I'm glad to be proved wrong.

el3mel

His best match for us since probably pre the restart of football. That's the Scott I know and love. More of this please.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think he just needs to add composure to his game and weve got a great player. When he got that yellow card, it stemmed from him messing up a really simple header and losing possession. For having a yellow card for that long against that front 3 and performing like that. Bravo my man!

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Was a bit ropey at parts before he got booked. But after that he really locked in and defended well. Can understand the comments and the fact that the needs to continue to win over support but I love him and I am enjoying watching him grow as a player.

Dominos

I really like him, I think he could be a huge player for us in time. Incredible that people were slating him once again in the matchday thread.
Surely not? They must be blind.

He was absolutely outstanding. The fans who want him sold absolutely baffle me. Why would you sell a homegrown player who can put in performances like this in big games?

Dominos

Thought he played reasonably well overall despite an absolutely stupid tackle for his yellow card.
An unwillingness of our team to make tactical fouls was one of the major reasons we got battered by Palace Brighton and Spurs.

I'm glad he chopped him down. Played a perfect game after that also.

Last edited:

Devil may care

I can see why Neville thinks he's a future CB, he's good defending one on one and his defensive positioning is really improving, he's just always going to be mediocre on the ball for a CM, to me he's our new O'Shea.

Was much more composed in the second half, found some great out balls into space as well. Love that we produce players who can contribute like this when needed, something we really take for granted as United fans

dogwithabone

That’s two great games in a row he’s had. Immense on Saturday and the same again tonight. Keep it up !

Dominos

I can see why Neville thinks he's a future CB, he's good defending one on one and his defensive positioning is really improving, he's just always going to be mediocre on the ball for a CM, to me he's our new O'Shea.
I think the time to convert him to a CB may have been when he first broke through under Mourinho where he really looked a bit of a nothing player in the middle. He's having big influence on games now in midfield, you don't really want to changing a player's long term position in his mid 20s. Good to know he can fill the CB role when needed, if we see him as a long term CB I'd start playing him there soon so he develops the experience and know-how of the role.

Idxomer

He was good but felt he got less involved in the 2nd half as it went on.

eire-red

There's just something about him. Ever since he's broken through, I've written him off, thought he'll never be good enough on the ball, tactically poor etc. But time and time again he produces these immense performances when it matters.

Think a huge reason why McTominay has played so poor recently is because Ole has been hellbent on playing a deep midfield of Pogba +1. McTominay just isn't the type to play that deep lying, defensive game, he's clearly more the box to box type, and to be fair, when him and Fred play together, they both usually play well.

He's becoming more of a threat in the box too. Would love to see him get in the box a little more with late runs, he could add another element to his game. Defo not a CB for me, he's a proper box to box CM. They key to us utilising McTominay and Fred as a midfield duo is getting enough creativity ahead of them. At times, as great as I think Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are up front, there's a lack of creativity as they're all strikers.

Now if you get two of Pogba, Mata, Bruno, VDB ahead of McTominay and Fred, and two of Greenwood/Martial/Rashford to provide the goal threat, then there's a little more variation in terms energy, creativity and goals spread across the middle and front third, giving us a little more balance.

Devil may care

I think the time to convert him to a CB may have been when he first broke through under Mourinho where he really looked a bit of a nothing player in the middle. He's having big influence on games now in midfield, you don't really want to changing a player's long term position in his mid 20s. Good to know he can fill the CB role when needed, if we see him as a long term CB I'd start playing him there soon so he develops the experience and know-how of the role.
I just feel if we are to get where we want to go we need what Fred and McTominay bring in terms of energy, workrate and combativeness, but we need players that can do that while offering more on the ball, if we could fuse Matic with McTominay we'd have a hell of a holding midfielder.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I cant believe we can produce a player like this.

Maybe he wont be world class but he has the ability to put a top class performance alot of the games he plays.
Agreed. He’s a great asset to have. Definitely got a head on him and he isn’t short of passion.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry

pretty impressive cuz thats mad annoying to play with
Pretty ridiculous that an elite-level sporting club don't have spare lenses on the bench for all players that wear contacts.

He was also really good of course :)

Shark

@NotShark
Great performance. Hopefully he can only build on his partnership with Fred.

hungrywing

pretty impressive cuz thats mad annoying to play with
A long long time ago we stopped a Sunday league game because of this and both teams stopped immediately and looked for the contact. In dewy grass. And found it.

must be this eye.

Not enough green laughing faces chucked at this post IMO.

Web of Bissaka

Championship/lower-division level player.

^ is one of the most lazy statement made by many vocal United fans in this post-saf period, like broken record singing that song. Don't want to use the cliche "agena", but you have to question whether they have something against McT or not... or do they even understand football. Oh and of course, right now they're staying quiet in hiding waiting for his next poor games.

Alas, his good record in big games continues. How many games has it been now?

Status
Not open for further replies.