5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He just doesn't belong in games that are going to be tactical, sloppy struggles like that Arsenal game. It requires a certain level of composure and speed of thought that he doesn't seem to possess, and it gets more and more obvious as the team around him improves and we look to control games more. He is fine when we need someone to bring energy in a match where the opposition is already tired, or in a match where we will being doing most of the defending in our own half.

Dve

Completely sums him up as a player.
Why don´t you post a clip of Fred instead, he was even worse. Not to mention Fernandes or Pogba. Why McTominay now has become the new scapegoat really baffles me.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why don´t you post a clip of Fred instead, he was even worse. Not to mention Fernandes or Pogba. Why McTominay now has become the new scapegoat really baffles me.
He's not a scapegoat for anything.

Plenty of people here were never a fan of his.

I've never rated him.

I don't think he should be a starter at all. Squad option maybe.

Foxbatt

Fred is a much better play than McTominay. Play Fred as the box to box and he will do what he is asked to do. McTominay is just a squad player.

Istanbul Basaksehir 2:1 Man Utd

Untd55

Today confirms just how average the guy is; he doesn't do anything but run around. His passing is inadequate; he is not particularly fast; his touch isn't good; his dribbling isn't good.

Roboc7

There was no point bringing him on today, showed Ole was just desperate.

edgecutter

As about as usesful as a red light in GTA. Don't know how he keeps getting minutes.

Augustus Gloop

Scott’s fault again...

I thought he was good when he came on.

He’s the scapegoat at the moment but he’s going to be a huge player for us,

drdoityourself

Scott’s fault again...

I thought he was good when he came on.

He’s the scapegoat at the moment but he’s going to be a huge player for us,

There are three posts in this thread after this performance. Not sure you can say he's being scapegoated here. Other performances are receiving much more heat.

Devil may care

Ole's boy, first on! He was ok but there's no future in falling back on players of his level.

Augustus Gloop

There are three posts in this thread after this performance. Not sure you can say he's being scapegoated here. Other performances are receiving much more heat.
Huh? Where did I mention in my post he was being scapegoated just for this evening?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Today confirms just how average the guy is; he doesn't do anything but run around. His passing is inadequate; he is not particularly fast; his touch isn't good; his dribbling isn't good.
Rubbish.

Cloud7

Can't really fault him today. He's not a game changer, so bringing him off the bench in a match we're chasing and need to break down the opposition team is obviously not going to make any difference. Fault lies with the manager for putting him into a situation like that today.

OhGee

Think he's great but didn't really see the point in bringing him on. (Expected Tuanzebe to be replaced by Pogba and Matic to move to CB.)
Man I was a heart attack away when I saw Matic and Maguire at CB especially since we were caught twice on the break in the first half. Had a mild angina attack when Matic was caught up and overtaken in the second half only for Arry to intercept. Luckily Ole came to his senses after that and switched FM with Matic or we would have been 3-1 down a few minutes later

Walters_19_MuFc

His introduction solidified our midfield. We no longer were susceptible to counter attacks as much as we were in the first half. Did he give us much creativity? No, not really. Bruno, Van de Beek, Mata and Rashford were on to give us that and did feck all!

Walters_19_MuFc

Can't really fault him today. He's not a game changer, so bringing him off the bench in a match we're chasing and need to break down the opposition team is obviously not going to make any difference. Fault lies with the manager for putting him into a situation like that today.
Did you not see how easy the opposition were cutting through our midfield in the first half?

Granted, McT wasnt going to change the game in attacking sense, he certainly changed it for us defensively.

The last thing Ole would have wanted was to concede more goals. At 2-1, the game was still there for us, thus I can understand why Ole bought him on.

Unfortunately, the players who were on the pitch to create didnt do that tonight.

Dve

In fairness, his passing was much better than Matic´s. I think he did alright when he came on and does not deserve to be hang out for dry after this match (either).

Everton 1:3 Man Utd

kundalini

Passing was patchy, one super long pass to Rashford in the first half, gave the ball away twice in a few seconds in the 2nd half, but otherwise made it tough for them in midfield. Good first half from Scott. Lovely cross to the far post to find Martial in space, only for Martial to waste the opening with a poor touch.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fred takes all the plaudits (rightfully so), but I thought he was just as good. Really getting stuck in and put in some vital challenges...

Hit an absolute gem of a pass to Rashy in the first half too.

Ekeke

Much improved long passing this season. 1 or 2 very nice long ranged pings. Competed quite well same as Fred in the midfield battle with Alan

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Much better today. some great passes too which he rarely brings out.

Red_Aaron

Played well today and was one of the first players to really start pushing us on after conceding.

Is at times too conservative but he showed today he's got a decent forward pass in him when he commits to it

No doubt the vast majority of this board will be on here calling him shit again despite the fact we once again looked at far better team with him in it

NinjaFletch

Fred and McTominay might be uninspiring, but it's hard to argue right now that it's not our best midfield.

Augustus Gloop

He’ll get absolutely slaughtered on here and elsewhere for giving the ball away twice in 30 seconds, no matter how decent he was for the rest of the game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looks like I'm on my own but I thought he was poor today. Sloppy in possession, conceding soft, needless fouls, not closing players down quickly enough on the edge of the box. He's fine when he's in the centre of the pitch but the closer he gets to our box the worse he is. I can still see why Solskjaer trusts him though, I'd imagine he and Fred will be our first choice midfield for a long time now.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I have to admit I really rate him. I don't think we can get that type of performance from any other midfield options. Him losing a ball is more a matter of too slow decision making rather than bad accuracy or weight of pass. He hesitates half a second too much. But a good game overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.